Originally Posted by MSN1
drive with in double digit or donot cross 2000 rpm
give rest after every third hour
check with dealer for vehicle condition, oil and other liquid levels do buy a pouch of viper washer fluid
Originally Posted by jayesh1582
Any suggestions about driving on the highway before 1st servicing .
Like maintaining a certain Speed Limit / RPM ?
Few tips from my side:
1. Use only light to medium acceleration, keeping the engine rpms below 3,000 for the first few hours of driving.
2. During the break-in period, typically the first 1,000 km, keep your speed 90 kpm or to the speed recommended by your car’s manufacturer.
3. Do not allow your new car to idle for long periods — this is good advice for the life of your car, but especially during breakin. The oil pressure generated by doing so may not be sending oil to every part of your engine.
4. Avoid high acceleration, increase the speed your car gradually.
5. Do not race your car’s engine during start-up.
6. Make sure all the tyres have the correct pressure. I generally keep it to 30.