Hyundai Trio: Santro, i10 and Verna!

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
As the topic and my name suggests i have 3 hyundai cars.

1. 2009 Hyundai Santro.
2. 2009 Hyundai i10.
3. 2012 Hyundai Verna.

i have already opened a ownership thread of my Verna : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

So i made a new thread to talk to you all about my other rides.

Our First car was a santro only , purchased on 8th october , 2001 and the car reached home at 8:20 pm when i first saw the car

see i even remembered the day the car reached home. excitement of the car i should say.

this is the only pic i have of my 2001 santro.
sorry i blurred myself.

image366.jpg

so in 2009 , we felt the need of taking another car. we searched. but all said i10's the best so we just checked out the i10 and fell in love with it so booked a Blushing Red i10 kappa 1.2

DSC_0304.jpg

and on 23/06/2009 it arrived [:)] once again i was very excited. going to the school i use to see it every time. i was so happy and its still makes me happy till date.

Moving On. it was 8 years since we purchased the santro 2001 , dad thought of buying another car. dad only liked santro and wanted to drive the santro only so we purchased another santro [:)]

on 24/07/2009 , dad brought home the new Silver Santro GLS and sold the old one to a relative for 1 lakh rupees. you can imagine how good the condition of the car was. it never gave us any problems. but still it was old and we had to take a new car.

i didn't find any other pic. i just took a pic of the car when i saw 5 santro's parked together.

the "4" one is mine.
DSC_1182.JPG

Moving on.

i also have a thunderbird which we purchased on 19/05/2009
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2009-royal-enfield-thunderbird-twinspark.html

coming to 2012 , i sometimes used to take my bike to my college and dad were of the opinion its not the safest vehicle so always suggested me to take the metro instead of the bike but still i had to take my bike sometimes.

so dad decided to buy a new car for me. hunt started and we finally purchased a White Hyundai Verna Fluidic on 18/02/2012.

all has been discussed here.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

so i just wanted to share my views and experience on all the best cars of their time.
since its been 3 years i really can't tell you in detail of my santro and the i10 but some experiences , all the good memories , services done and the problems i faced.

Congrats for all your Hyundai car. Now i get, how you got your user name. Over years, Hyundai has emerged as a great car maker. BTW do post some more pics of your ride.

Thread Starter #4

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
sweet! hardcore hyundai fan eh? do post more on your experience on all the other cars.
you can say that [:D] many people prefer Maruti over Hyundai but some people like me are Loyal to Hyundai [;)]

Congrats for all your Hyundai car. Now i get, how you got your user name. Over years, Hyundai has emerged as a great car maker. BTW do post some more pics of your ride.
Thanks akash. the username is different , unique in its own way [:)] and people like me have showed continuous trust in Hyundai.

Yes i will keep on adding photos and experiences. Back in 2009 i was not a car enthusiast , didn't take any pics , nothing. but now i feel i have to take pics of my other rides as well.

i'll keep on updating with the problems i'm facing , what to get done in other service etc.

people these days state that maruti as well is not what they used to be, they get rattles etc after a few years but one thing is the easy availability of original spares which are cheap as well but thats not the case with hyundai. i wish they would start producing the sonata embera the same look just update the interiors id be onto it then.

Fazer

Suspended
Congrats on your All Hyundai Cars (The trio : Santro, i10, Verna), Allhyundaicars! [:D]
Do post more about your experiences, and, Some more snaps buddy! [:)]

@Allhyundaicars:
You have chosen correct username for yourself.'All-Hyundai-cars..or say 'only Hyundai cars owned till date'.
Being true you are the one and only Hyundai fan I have seen till date.

BTW,what is the reason for such rock-strong faith on Hyundai?

Thread Starter #8

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i never liked maruti from day 1 :\ and i agree , spare parts are available but there are lots of duplicates also.so they keep on advertising to buy original spare parts.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

i10 used to be our main family car for going out of delhi. we cover all our journeys in the car itself even if are going to vaishnodevi [:)] i got my license 2 years back so now i only drive the car if we go anywhere.

and i10 is a good car for highways. i have touched 155 km\h on fully loaded car. 5 passengers + luggage.

and i have checked 0-100 km\h. i only did that once and i reached 100 in 14 seconds.

and once we took both the cars for a trip to amritsar [:)] i drove both of them , just the AC of the santro is little under powered. there was no problem in going side by side with the i10.

i have taken the i10 to shimla , mcleodganj and amritsar. other than that we went to mussorie , manali , aah i don't even remember the names [:D]

overall both the car are good and have faced no serious problems till date.

Thread Starter #9

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@Allhyundaicars:
You have chosen correct username for yourself.'All-Hyundai-cars..or say 'only Hyundai cars owned till date'.
Being true you are the one and only Hyundai fan I have seen till date.

BTW,what is the reason for such rock-strong faith on Hyundai?
only hyundai cars would have looked odd as a username [:D]

see i am loyal to hyundai for more than 10 years and will complete 11 in this october. i guess i should get something from hyundai for such loyality [lol]

well like i mentioned above , dad only liked santro. its simple , no issues whatsoever.

so he got a new santro. the i10 , Maruti i didn't like and then there was no honda , toyota hatchbacks. so just did a research and decided to buy the i10.

the verna. i planned for a hyundai i20 [:D] but seeing verna as the most successful car got the verna without even thinking in just 2 days.

so that's the story.

Thread Starter #12

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
That's interesting..
Let me show you something,can you identify this car?
dude are you kidding me [:D]

the seat with no adjustable head rest , the chrome HYUNDAI mark on the steering , the black covering around the odo meter and a touch of plastic wood behind the steering , its the i10

although can't say if its an era model or a model above era because the side view mirror is not clear. but still i guess its above era.

looking at the first image , there are no adjustable headrest for the rear seats also so i'm guessing its 1.2 magna model [;)]

hey buddy my favorite one Hyundai i 10 even i own one that to with sunroof did 84000 kms in 3 yeaars or so this car is is like a bless in congested and tight streets of himachal pradesh loveing every bit of driving her .

a sunroof amazing [thumbsup] we have covered just 45000kms in 3 years still its a very good car.

and both my santro and i10 feels fresh. obviously maintenance is required in every car but other than that faced no problems. my santro has covered 53000kms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a 1.1 era only buddy,instead of Magna I recommended the guy to buy an era and then add whatever he wanted to the car.Since he wasn't ready to go for Asta,else its only Asta for me.
BTW,I find the older Kappa engine not that good,it is powerful on paper but in real world,the 1.1 feels more driveable with better lower end to me.
While,no doubt the Kappa2 is a mind blowing engine,definitely a fantastic engine it is.

Thread Starter #15

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Its a 1.1 era only buddy,instead of Magna I recommended the guy to buy an era and then add whatever he wanted to the car.Since he wasn't ready to go for Asta,else its only Asta for me.
BTW,I find the older Kappa engine not that good,it is powerful on paper but in real world,the 1.1 feels more driveable with better lower end to me.
While,no doubt the Kappa2 is a mind blowing engine,definitely a fantastic engine it is.
oh my mistake , as i said i was confused. i have the kappa 1 only. i have driven the 1.1 as well but only some kilometers.

my friends santro the zip plus has got a chiller of an ac but maybe thats cause he maintains it at a pro ac guy.
seriously [surprise] i mentioned the amritsar trip above in which we took both the cars. all wanted to be in the i10 [lol] the new santro doesn't have a powerful AC. but still its not that much bad.

Last edited:

Top Bottom