Ford Fiesta Classic LXi - Sea Grey - Buying and Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Finally after in-fighting myself for my new buy, I zeroed in on Ford Fiesta Lxi TDCi base model. The main reason for buying base model, was I had lot of modifications in mind.

Just to give you guys a peak. The things I am looking to fit are:

1) City Clutch
2) Alloys (recommend good ones)
3) Leather interiors (stanley/marvin, if there are other better companies in bangalore, please let me know)
4) Sun roof
5) Spoiler
6) Auto rain sensors
7) Carputer (Audio, video, Internet, Rear sensors, GPS & security system)
8) Smart phone integration into carputer (Bluetooth, Personalized settings)
9) Start/Stop button
10) Projector Headlights / LED Headlights
11) LED Fog lamps
12) Fancy name plate
13) Cruise control
14) Chrome strips
15) Disc brakes / Body colored drum brakes / blue drums
16) OBD2 scanner / Bluetooth OBD scanner
17? mesh grilles. front and back
18) Hybrid module run on electricity

For now, this is what I have in mind. If anything else please do suggest.

Buying Experience

It was flawless, after I decided on Fiesta, called up Metro Ford, Bangalore. I spoke to Naveen, he listened to me patiently and recommended the base Lxi model and confirmed availability of car in there stock yard (Sea Grey). He also informed about Ford Midnight Dhamakka Offer, which I felt was eye wash but I participated anyways, and got a free Samsung Galaxy Phone. It seems to be worth Rs 15,000/- and they will speed post after delivery of the car.

Made Rs 10,000 as advance and asked to drop into showroom to finish other formalities. Next day had Naveen get the car to my home for better half approval. Also same day visited the show room and handed over the documents for loan processing. I had pre-approved loan from Reliance Capital hence loan was taken care within a day. Even tho everything was ready and was thinking to get the delivery on 21st had to postpone because of my other commitments.

Finally today (3rd June 2012) I took delivery of the car this morning. I am attaching pictures of my car I took during the delivery. Next I need to get the accessories done. I will be starting with all the accessories that are readily available in the shops for others I will be needing you guys inputs.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
I have short listed the accessories that I want to buy for my car. I also took some quotations from local vendor in Sarjapura road, Bangalore Top Choice. He is very popular in this road. Let me know what you guys think of the quoted prices.

1) Pioneer 6050 2 DIN HU : Rs 9000
2) Front Speakers JBL 6" : Rs 1900
3) Rear speakers JBL : Rs 3100
4) ER Antenna : Rs 450
5) Autocop Parking Sensors : Rs 2900
6) Mag wheels (Neo Helix CP 14", including nuts, valve caps) : Rs 20,000
7) Fog lights : Price not quoted
8) PU Leather Seat Covers / Door Pads / Leather wrapping for steering) with custom stitching : Rs 7500/- (Black, Silver)
9) Autocop central locking : Rs 3800
10) Sun Shade Roll : Rs 1400/-
11) Body sticker : Rs 700/-
12) Sun Film 70% : Rs 1200/-
13) Hydraulic Jack : Rs 1500/-
14) Universal Arm rest: Rs 1200/-
15) Blind spot mirror: Rs 200
16) Duster: Rs 450/-
17) Mayur/Michelin Air Compressor Pump): Rs 1700/-
18) Door Visor : Rs 850
19) CD Pouch : Rs 150/-
20) Padal Kit: Rs 900/-
21) door guard: Rs 300/-.

Grand total for the entire list is Rs 59,200/-

Please suggest if the above prices are fair.

350Z

Core Team
Congrats. Welcome to Ford Fiesta Classic Club. The list of planned modifications sounds good. Although I’m afraid that most of them will involve a risk of standard warranty getting void. Anyways I would closely follow this thread. Do keep us updated timely.

8) PU Leather Seat Covers / Door Pads / Leather wrapping for steering) with custom stitching : Rs 7500/- (Black, Silver)
Price sounds quite reasonable but depends upon the brand and quality.

12) Sun Film 70% : Rs 1200/-
Sun films of any kind are illegal as per the recent order by Supreme Court. Please avoid.

14) Universal Arm rest: Rs 1200/-
I’m also looking for a front armrest (Beige). Can you upload an image?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Sure, will upload tomorrow.

Oh, damn! My car got hit by a stone!!! I was driving towards temple for pooja and from nowhere a small stone comes over and hits on driver side door. Please suggest best way to remove the scratch + dent!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new car,Where are you planning to get these thing's done?

6) Auto rain sensors
13) Cruise control
18) Hybrid module run on electricity.

and also please keep in mind that the warranty on your car will get voided.

Thread Starter #6
Congrats on your new car,Where are you planning to get these thing's done?

6) Auto rain sensors
13) Cruise control
18) Hybrid module run on electricity.

and also please keep in mind that the warranty on your car will get voided.
I am still researching on these. Probably I will have answers for you in a couple of days!!

Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy. The list for your modifications looks good except the Sunfilm as it has been banned by the SC. So please avoid that.

Rest for the paint and the dent job i would rather go to the dealer or some body repair shop.

Congrats on the purchase dude. Nice color selection too.

Regarding denting, if you have good contacts in Ford A.S.S they can touch up only the spot (hard to distinguish the difference if the scratch / dent is small in size) else they will ask to paint to complete panel.

Dude, be careful with sunroof installation. It affects the rigidity of body + if not fitted properly, we may end up in leakage problems.

Thread Starter #9
Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy. The list for your modifications looks good except the Sunfilm as it has been banned by the SC. So please avoid that.

Rest for the paint and the dent job i would rather go to the dealer or some body repair shop.
Sure. Sunfilm is now out. Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase dude. Nice color selection too.

Regarding denting, if you have good contacts in Ford A.S.S they can touch up only the spot (hard to distinguish the difference if the scratch / dent is small in size) else they will ask to paint to complete panel.

Dude, be careful with sunroof installation. It affects the rigidity of body + if not fitted properly, we may end up in leakage problems.
Yeah, I am confused on the sunroof. Some are suggesting not to install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reconsider twice before you make decision on Sunroof.
BTW, you may add Electric ORVM to the list, sometimes they are very much useful, especially when adjusting the LH mirror.

350Z

Core Team
Aftermarket sunroofs are best avoided. Sooner or later a sunroof is prone to have certain issues and safety concerns. (Primarily rattles and leakage). You may want to refer to this thread for more information: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-types-car-sunroofs-explained.html#post76191

BTW, you may add Electric ORVM to the list, sometimes they are very much useful, especially when adjusting the LH mirror.
Personally I do not think it is required as long as there are basic internally adjustable rear view mirrors. It’s usually set it and forget it unless the car is often used by more than one person.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sure, will upload tomorrow.

Oh, damn! My car got hit by a stone!!! I was driving towards temple for pooja and from nowhere a small stone comes over and hits on driver side door. Please suggest best way to remove the scratch + dent!
Congratzz on your new buy. Sadly my car also got hit by stone from the wheel of the bike. Luckily it din't hit the window. But every scratch on the car is the scratch on the heart. [cry]

i just felt that stone chip marks on my heart just right here!

same happend to my mate's honda accord Euro 2007 yesterday , his windscreen got chipped !

nice car man . dont worry about spending too much on the car you wont get it back when you sell it,
I've spent alot on my car too and am sure won't sell it. so keep it nice and simple
and do the needful :)

Thread Starter #14
i just felt that stone chip marks on my heart just right here!

same happend to my mate's honda accord Euro 2007 yesterday , his windscreen got chipped !

nice car man . dont worry about spending too much on the car you wont get it back when you sell it,
I've spent alot on my car too and am sure won't sell it. so keep it nice and simple
and do the needful :)
I dont want to over spend, but at the same time I like to be comfortable on the drive. So spending to my liking :)

Yes its always hard to take but can do nothing else!

Top Bottom