New Honda City 2012 - Tafetta White

Thread Starter #1
The last few weeks i have jumped from a hatchback (i20) to a diesel sedan (Verna) and then to a petrol Sedan (ANHC) and then i was contemplating on whether i should get an auto or a manual.
My Monthly usage made me change my mind from diesel to petrol. I do around 700-800 kms/month and i dint see the reason to shell out almost 2 lakhs for a loaded verna. My family already owns the ANHV in petrol so that sort of put me off from getting another one. The Verna is a wonderful car with great features but dint find it sturdy enough to convince me to pick up one more of the same. The ANHC manual was great to drive and was much sturdier than the ANHV. Though it lacked features such as bluetooth and ACC, the drive of the i-vtech compensated for all that. I also liked the look of the new ANHC with its agressive face and sleek looking rear.
I booked a White SMT about 10 days back and i am a few hours away from getting my delivery. Honda offered no discounts whatsoever. I will be posting pictures and an ownership experience shortly

Congratulations in advance on the best Petrol car in its category. Though I am a die hard Hyundai fan however I still believe that Honda beats everyone in petrol engines hands down.
I think the SMT also comes with alloy wheels as standard. How much is the cost on road ?

Waiting for the pics.

Happy mile crunching.

Thread Starter #4
The SMT comes with the alloys used the in VMT in the previous generation. Not too happy with the tyre profile. Thinking of upgrading but my use is mainly in the city so it might not be required.
Add on's coming soon are:
1. Side step illumination
2. Changing horn to Hella Twin Tone
3. May change alloys to HRS (thinking about it)
4. Will change the OEM to the Map My India IN Dash AVN in the nxt 3 months or so
5. May get art seat covers
6. HID lights (Projector or normal White lights? 4300k?)

Will need help on these

Thread Starter #6
Thank you Singh890. Had the worst news in the last 24 hours:
1. Hike in petrol prices by Rs7.50
2. Honda Slashes prices on City- Insurance free (30k)

First of all, let me congratulate you on your new ride. [:)]

Cheer up & don't get put off by the petrol price hike. As mentioned in your earlier post, your average running is 700-800 km/month, which means you would be using around 50 litres of petrol/month. This means additional expenditure of Rs. 7.50 x 50 = RS. 375 per month, which is not that much.

Congrats buddy. City wins the Petrol Sedan Battle for years together. You will never regret buying it.

Not too happy with the tyre profile. Thinking of upgrading but my use is mainly in the city so it might not be required.
3. May change alloys to HRS (thinking about it)
BTW if you are planning for Alloy and Tyre upgrade, please let me know. Friend of mine is looking to Change his steel rims in City.

congratulations harishn
i too bought one taffeta white smt on 22nd,my on road price is 9.4lakhs.i too din't had any discounts from honda.if they are giving free insurance now then it is surely a loss of 30,000 for us,but no worries.i will be writting my review as soon as i have some spare time.
i need help regarding fog lamps,here a shop selling me a pair for 4500 and no idea about the manufacturing company,what should i do???honda selling fog lamps for 20000,should i buy from them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #12
Thank you all for the nice wishes.
@allhyundaicars- I have the Verna VTVT base (2012), my mom uses it. Its a super city car as the gears are easy to change. And accessory wise it beats the city hands down but drive wise there is nothing coming close to the city IMO.
@Dr Sachin- Congrats on on your new buy. The White looks gorgeous doesnt it. Pity sun films are banned. It would have added to the great looks. Little disappointed with the tyre/wheel size. It would have been more appealing to have bigger wheels on a car like this. About the fog lamps i suggest you get it outside and get a good branded one such as Osram or Philips it will cost you less than half of what honda is offering

Thread Starter #13
i have a few pictures but i am unable to upload it. Would someone be kind enough to guide me. I have uploaded on the manage attachments tab but nothing seems to happen after i click on upload.

i have a few pictures but i am unable to upload it. Would someone be kind enough to guide me. I have uploaded on the manage attachments tab but nothing seems to happen after i click on upload.
Do check the file size. For JPEG images it should be 1MB/image.

Top Bottom