Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I am not a expert in automobiles but a tech entusiast who is a doctor (paediatrician) by occupation. Recently i upgraded from my Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi to Hyundai i10 1.2kappa2 sportz. I would like to share my experiences here.

The Need

I had Alto jan 2010 make which was my first car. It was fine but I needed to upgrade to something better. I was ready for a hatchback petrol /diesel but it should impress me at first sight. After scanning through many auto sites I was in love with Honda Jazz but the recent delays and the uncertainity made it tough. Honda Brio was taken out because of small boot space and odd rear styling. Maruti vehilcles also went out because of poor interiors and my wife's hate for swift design. We started test driving the rest.Started with Figo both Petrol and Diesel.Diesel had a terrible lag and Petrol was good.But the exteriors were sedate and too old fashioned. Next stop was Liva Petrol and Diesel. Ok to drive/ Lag was less/ Space was good/ But interiors were Pathetic. Ruled out Volkswagen Polo for the high Price and Skoda for poor ASS. Went to Micra Test drove Petrol version almost booked the top end XV premium save for the minor haggling over the price for my old alto. Next day was a sunday went to hyundai asked for i20 but was said it will arrive in a week(Before its launch). Salesperson was insistent on looking at the i10 /not very much interested/ wifey said will take a look and saw the vehicle with intent for the first time. Exteriors were good no-nonsense approach but the interiors bowled us over. The fit and finish was extremely good for the price points. The colour combination of Beige &Brown was very aesthetically pleasing ( Contrast with say micra whose griege interiors are worst of the lot and figo whose black colors were claustrophobic and liva whose quality was pathetic) Decided then and there to book the vehicle by paying 5000/-

The variant was decided as sportz because asta had a steep price and myself not being a ICE bug decided to have a OEM ICE(Magna does not come with ICE) I also liked the rear spoiler and back seat adjustable head restraints.

Dealer offered 10000 as prebudget pricing(last week of March) and free insurance and additional 5000 cash discount and freebies like teflon coating, central locking, mud flaps, mats. On further haggling I also got the reverse parking sensors installed as i got other accessories with the dealer himself( Seat covers, Anti Rust coating, Fog lamps)

Ownership Experience:

I have till date travelled 800 kms with the car and it is excellent to drive in the city.

Pros:
a) Plush interiors
b) comfortable seats
c) super smooth gear shifts
d) Silent cabin
e) Nice fast to chill AC
f) Good view of the road
g) Nice space inside for medium sized adults like me (5'7")

Cons :
a) Fuel efficincy in pure city driving with 100% ac is 10-10.5 km/l ( I knew about the FE issues so was ready for this and it may inmprove once the engine settles and after 1/2 services)
b) rear seat for 2 adults can seat 3 but too tight not for long journeys

i cant think of any other negatives so far

Re: Hyundai I10 1.2 kappa 2 sportz variant ownership experience

welcome to the i10 owner's group. I too own couple of i10s and both of them are doing great. The best part is its compact looks which makes it really easy to drive and park.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard, Doc. That's a precise and straight from the heart review. Photographs will surely enhance the reading pleasure. Keep us updated and congrats! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom