1 MONTH UPDATE
Finally completed 1 month with my Polo. The odo reads at 1150kms. i guess very well justified buying a diesel in today's scenario with my running.
Got the little scratch on the left ORVM removed by rubbing from a local mechanic and it went off completely.
Was lucky as the paint did not chip off during the contact with the motorcyclist. Things I've Liked about the Car
1. The engine is far more refined now then what it was at the time of delivery.Even the engine growl when the RPM is above 3k has reduced lately.
2. Driving pleasure is immense and the ride and handling is just good. But still not in the league of the Fiesta.
3. High speed stability is truly amazing. Even at 130kmph Polo showed no signs of any vibrations or swaying and it could have easily done more without any effort.
4. I can't believe i'am saying this but I'm falling in love with the Light steering of my Polo. It becomes so easy and fun to drive in the city. I find my cousin's Punto's steering damn heavy after driving this one.
5. I've already got so many compliments from people who were against the decision of me buying a 3 cylinder engine car and that to one of the most expensive hatchbacks in the country after just a drive of 5 odd kilometers in my car.One of my cousin uncle has already cancelled his swift zdi booking and is going for POLO highline Diesel. Although now i'm persuading him to go for the swift only as i will lose the exclusivity of owning a gorgeous German beauty in the family.
6. Looks are just stunning. I still keep peeping outside my rooms window just to get a glance to adore my POLO. And now with the Alloy wheels and the upsized tyres it looks all the more gorgeous.
7. Fit & Finish of both the interiors as well as exteriors is impeccable. No panel gaps,no loose rubber beedings. No place in the whole car where one can point out any "Jugaadu" work done by the company. Truly appreciate that.
8. Turning Radius - Polo surely has one of the least turning radius of all the cars i've driven.In my Indica had to think twice before actually taking a U-turn in a congested road. In the Polo it literally is a child's play.
9. Niggle free till now. Haven't had any kinds of vibration or a loose nut or any funny noises in the cabin till date. Fingers crossed for the future. Things that disappoint me about the Car
1. Mileage/Fuel Efficiency - I am getting around 16kmpl in a mix of city and highway driving. Although it might sound good enough but not for me. I have high standards set for my cars when it comes to FE. I am a very sedate driver and drive within the optimum gear limits to extract maximum mileage. My good old Indica used to return me 19-20kmpl with the same kind of driving.Fiesta returns in excess of 20kmpl everytime. So a little disappointed on that front.
2. This car deserves a better engine. No doubt about that. The present 1.2liter 3 cyl engine does its duty good enough but i think its too puny for a car like Polo. I would love to see if Volkswagen India plonks the 1.6Tdi engine of the Vento in Polo sometime in the future and make it an even hotter prospect for the buyers.
3. Turbo Lag is present and can be very well experienced in the 2nd and 3rd gears at below 1800-2000RPM. It needs a getting used to it though. Had some initial trouble in overtaking but now have my hands set on the gear ratios and i do keep the RPM above 1800 at all times to keep the turbo spooling in.
4. Beige interiors although look good but get spoiled very easlily. Very difficult to maintain. Things that I would love to have in my Polo
1. Driver's arm rest. Searching for the one which is present in the Vento.
2. Rear Parking Sensors with camera. Like the one which has come in my Fluidic Verna. Would love to get something of that sort.
3. Rear defogger would have been nice. I would sorely miss it in the winters.
Adding a few pics of my Polo. Sorry for the low quality as they were taken from my phone.