Bought Home New Honda City VMT

Thread Starter #1
After a long wait finally brought the new Honda City home on the Akshaya Tritya day - 24.04.2012.[clap]

This is my third car after Maruti Omni, 1998, Indigo LS, 2005. I had planned to buy a new car as my Indigo was giving some teething problems since August 2011.

Initially, had planned to go for a the diesel Fluidic Verna and had booked 1.6 VGT on 16.11.2011. However, the pathetic attitude of the Hyundai Dealer at Baroda - Downtown Hyundai and the long & unending wait for the vehicle, resulted in my cancelling the booking on March 25, 2012. [frustration]

After lot of deliberations, I changed my opinion and decided for a petrol sedan. Truly, in the petrol C+ sedan category, none can beat the "City" in any aspect - looks, exterior styling, plush interiors, engine, FE etc.

Booked Carnelian Red Pearl, V MT on 16.04.2012 and got the delivery on 24.04.2012. The professional attitude of the sales executives at Aspen Honda, Baroda, impressed me a lot.

The car looks brilliant in this colour and drive quality is excellent, though I feel the suspensions are on a softer side. Integrated Music system is good with the additional tweeters.[cheers]

Shall post more details in my next post!

Re: Brought home the new CITY V MT

Rana let me be the first one to congratulate you for your new ride, wishing you and your family many happy miles, waiting for pics!

Congrats Rana, for me a honda is always a defacto choice when it comes to petrol, looking forward to a detailed ownership review and offcourse lots of pics.

After a long wait finally brought the new Honda City home on the Akshaya Tritya day - 24.04.2012.[clap]
Congrats for the city buddy,wishing you happy miles.Its really a gem of the car.

Initially, had planned to go for a the diesel Fluidic Verna and had booked 1.6 VGT on 16.11.2011. However, the pathetic attitude of the Hyundai Dealer at Baroda - Downtown Hyundai and the long & unending wait for the vehicle, resulted in my cancelling the booking on March 25, 2012. [frustration]
You will definitely appreciate your decision now.City is far far better car than the Verna,especially when it comes to driving.
Now just once TD a Verna now and you will end up saying "I was right".

Truly, in the petrol C+ sedan category, none can beat the "City" in any aspect - looks, exterior styling, plush interiors, engine, FE etc.
+100,city delivers upto 20 kpl on highways and simply excels in ride,handling and comfort(leave Linea T-Jet here).

Shall post more details in my next post!
Waiting for your next post,hoping to see at least 6-7 pics too.

lxi.

Suspended
first of all, congratulations for the city. i too own one!
now get ready to enjoy the luxury and reliability of the city. wishing you happy mile crunching with her.

Waiting for pics...

Hey, im thinking of buying a City. Really loved the automatic. However, i am concerned about the FE. The Sales manager has assured it gives around 10-11 in the city. How much would i save if i go for the S-MT. Please tell me what you think, i do around 600-700km/month.

Welcome aboard Rana, and congrats for your Honda. Do post some pics of your Japanese beauty.

Thread Starter #14
Sorry folks for the delay in coming back to the thread! my apologies! In between I made a trip to Mahabaleshwar + Panchgaini from Baroda in my new city.
We were five in all, including my parents, daughter and wifey!
The ride on the latest beauty in town - city, was awesome! I shall detail out the same point wise!

Distance:
the total distance between Baroda and Mahabaleshwar +Panchgani is 1420kms (up -down).

Ride quality:
The ride quality was superb with the city managing extremely well on the rough patches in Mumbai goa highway! Honda was smart enough to increase the ground clearance in the new city. This prevented my beauty from scraping any awkward seeming speed breakers and other undulations in and around Mahabaleshwar. The car is also extremely stable at speeds of 120kmph which I constantly touched at NH8 and Pune - mumbai expressway.

AC:
The AC is very powerful and kept us cool inside when the sun was emanating blistering heat outside.

Fuel economy:
For the whole trip the city returned me an avg of 18km/lit which I felt was extremely good with the car fully loaded and AC being constantly on during the trip. (tank full method deployed).

Cruise control:
I was very eager to use this equipment since I bought the car. I got oppurtunities to use same during this trip. The controls are conveniently placed on the steering and is an useful equipment especially on expressways. On highways it can become a bit risky as very few motorist obey highway driving norms. however, my experience with this gadget was quite satisfying!

All in all the new city is a treat to drive, in city and more so on highways!

Now for some picts:

Attachments

Top Bottom