8. Brake Pads
  9. Clutch Overhaul + 50k service
  10. LED Interior Dome Lamps
  11. LED DRLs
  12. CHSKY Trumpet Horn
  13. New Headlights
  14. Mid Service
  15. Fuel Leakage

So finally after a very long wait , my very first sedan arrived on 18th February , 2012.
I got my dream car which i always wanted..

426896_309652389091887_100001413845764_904574_776737439_n.jpg

The Whole story..!!
My dad didn't want me to ride on my bike , he always feared like all parents do , bike is not the safest vehicle..

so my search started , i always wanted the verna the day it was launched but it seemed out of budget , my dad a big fan of swift decided to go for it..

i did a lot of test driving of the swift and finally decided to go for the swift vdi because this was under price bracket of 6,50,000.
it was good , i liked it but a friend of mine recommended me to test drive the i20 diesel , i said to myself " lets give it a try"

so i test drove an i20 diesel which already covered 30000 kms.. and boy did i like it..
i ultimately fell in love with its 1.4 engine , far far better than swift's 1.3
i20 was more spacious so i decided to go for the i20..

but my dad had heard a lot of i20 problem so he was reluctant to buy the i20 for the steering issue it had but still i convinced him for the i20..

so booked i20 magna which was around 7 lakhs , more than the initial budget planned..
1 week passed , 2 week passed , my car got ready but there were some issues with the papers ( loan ) and moreover there were rumours on internet that new i20 model might launch soon , so i told them we'll wait..

and one day all of a sudden , my dad said " lets go for the verna"
i was like [surprise] i coudn't believe but then i said " papa , ghar aake baat krte hai"

then we discussed that we don't need a diesel , i calculated all the costs , and came to a conclusion that if i but diesel my money will be recoverd in 5 years , and moreover the service of a diesel car is vey high , it has to be maintained..

and since the price difference was 1.5 lakhs and my dad always wanted a sedan since 1995 , we bought the verna..

I reached the showroom aroun 3:30 , i saw a verna , i thought that is mine , but it was not..!!

i had to wait for my car , and when it arrived and got past me , can't even express what it felt like..[:)]
Coming back from the showroom , i was smiling for like first 15 kms , i just coudn't believe that now i have got my verna..

"and log bhi soch rahe honge ki kya ho gaya , but i was lost...

The first day i drove it around 120kms , went with friends to celebrate..

on-road price - 872000
Loyalty Discount - 10000
so i got it for 862000...

The features i love and always wanted
*ABS
*Multi-function Steering Control
*Parking Sensors Rear
*Driver Side Airbag
*Bluetooth Connectivity
*Foldable Key
*Factory Fitted Music System
*Good Quality Interiors

so here are some pics ,
hh.jpg

here's the meter console.... this looks very good you can see the blue colored circle inside the tacho-meter and speedometer....
2.jpg

it has multi info display..
*trip meter 1 & 2.
*average fuel consumption.
*fuel going into engine every 6 seconds,
*Range - how much Kms you can travel in given amount of fuel..

in the image below you can see all the icons which are displayed when your start the car..
3.JPG

The Multi-Function steering wheel
4.jpg

Always wanted control on the steering​
on the left ,
* volume up-down button
*change source , that is change in between usb , radio etc etc
*mute button.

on the right
*Call pick and end button ( bluetooth connectivity)
*change track button

here's the center console.. not so much buttons but yes all those which were needed [:D]
5.JPG

6.JPG

you can see they have given chrome finish even on ac vents
its a double-din music system , and the sound is good.... not that great but sufficient enough for me

Front and Rear defogger button
Bluetooth connectivity
Automatic Climate Control
Ipod . Aux And USB connectivity
Outside Temperature Display

Chrome finished door handles and 4 automatic power windows with driver's side auto down function..

7.JPG

The gear knob. i wished it to be finished with chrome too we have to pull a button in order to change the gear to reverse.. 8.JPG

Driver's Arm Rest... its very comfortable i like it.. i dont have any problem in shifting gears..

Lots of leg room for the rear passengers
10.JPG

The foldable key
11.JPG

love the pic
12.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: New Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 VTVT

well the things i dont like [confused]

1.)they have given auto down feature just for the driver's side.. and not even auto-close button..( just like my i10 )

even the new sonata's missing auto up-down buttons....

2. ) AC vents cannot be closed , i drive alone most of the times , so if they have given the option that would have been great , i10 and i20 has this feature....

3.) the middle (right) ac vent is not placed correctly.. i mean i have to set the blower at high to feel the air from that vent , and the air from right most small vent is not sufficient..

4.) the buttons to open the fuel lid and the boot... the button for the boot is big rather than the button for fuel lid i mean fuel lid zyada baar kholna hota hai if you know what i mean

see these are small things... but irritates sometimes...

The small things which i loved [:)]

the quality is very good

they have given wooden finish on doors and the center console.. but i personally dont like it on the center console.... on doors its fine

upholstery is good and i just love the dual color interior..

the seats are comfortable , but yes rear pasengers might have some problem because of lack of under thigh support ( all reviewers mentioned this limitation ) a friend of mine mentioned the same , but i have to sit in the front [thumbsup]

i could comment on comfort only after going on a long trip.. that will reveal all the good and the bad things of the car....

they added hooks to the mats which hold them still ,

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

I feel extremely happy to be the first one to congratulate you on this sleek beauty.
The most impressive thing other then the desgin I Iike in the new verna is the clutch (very light) and super super smooth gear shifts it's a boon for city driving . Pls take care of your ride in the run in period and enjoy it to the fullest .
And can we have some day light pics too.
Pls update the thread very often and do tell us what kind of mileage you are getting in city and highways.

hey mate thats a very impressive review, you've covered everything, just found out that your speedometer console and tachometer looks different from mine.
Hey don't use ambipurs on the ac went if it leaks will ruin the plastics.
do post more pics and be a leading contributor out here.

congratulations buddy for your new verna[clap]. And white adds more charm to the car. And nice work on the review as well. Wish you Happy Motoring with your new verna.

Welcome to the petrol club ! Nick keen eye but I think this is the SX version. Also I be noticed the driver arm rest seems clad is leather as for mine it's fabric, was it factory fitted?

bazooka you have the sx version he just has the 1.6 vtvt, its strange that bazooka got fabric and he got leather. btw whats the average you getting i suspect its not that great since you made an indirect gesture of opening the fuel lid more then the dicky

Hey , that's a pretty neat and comprehensive write up on your new white stead. Wish you many happy miles. I am sure that it will contribute to the Max Happiness and Thrills than any of your other Hyundai Cars. It's one of the Best Mid Size Sedans in India which has given a run to the Hondas, Ventos, Skodas, Optras , SX4s , and the other mid size cars . Still commands a waiting in both Petrol and Diesels. Am sure you will enjoy the ownership experience along with inputs from the other enthusiastic Hyundai owners on the forum !!
[cheers]

Strange I thought It was SX. Looks like one image is the culprit here as the seating in that arm rest pic looks like a SX O.

Thread Starter #10

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I feel extremely happy to be the first one to congratulate you on this sleek beauty.
The most impressive thing other then the desgin I Iike in the new verna is the clutch (very light) and super super smooth gear shifts it's a boon for city driving . Pls take care of your ride in the run in period and enjoy it to the fullest .
And can we have some day light pics too.
Pls update the thread very often and do tell us what kind of mileage you are getting in city and highways.
Thanks for your wishes Raja.. i love the clutch , yes its super smooth.. i have many more pics , will upload them from time to time..

hey mate thats a very impressive review, you've covered everything, just found out that your speedometer console and tachometer looks different from mine.
Hey don't use ambipurs on the ac went if it leaks will ruin the plastics.
do post more pics and be a leading contributor out here.
yes , that what i was thinking , why there is a difference..?? do you have the petrol..?? or maybe 2011 \ 2012 matters.

thanks for the heads up :) i never use any car perfume, but my dad purchase the accessories for the first time and he brings ambi-pure , after it finishes i never use it...

congratulations buddy for your new verna[clap]. And white adds more charm to the car. And nice work on the review as well. Wish you Happy Motoring with your new verna.
thanks singh890 , i was confused with purple and white , then i thought white is a all time color so went for it...

Welcome to the petrol club ! Nick keen eye but I think this is the SX version. Also I be noticed the driver arm rest seems clad is leather as for mine it's fabric, was it factory fitted?
guys i'll be honest , i did not have any pics of the armrest so i googled it , i'm sorry but i wanted to share that , it was late yesterday but now i'll upload a pic of my armrest.. ( all the other pics are clicked by me[:)] ) and yes i have the 2nd model 1.6vtvt and not the sx...

Hey , that's a pretty neat and comprehensive write up on your new white stead. Wish you many happy miles. I am sure that it will contribute to the Max Happiness and Thrills than any of your other Hyundai Cars. It's one of the Best Mid Size Sedans in India which has given a run to the Hondas, Ventos, Skodas, Optras , SX4s , and the other mid size cars . Still commands a waiting in both Petrol and Diesels. Am sure you will enjoy the ownership experience along with inputs from the other enthusiastic Hyundai owners on the forum !!
[cheers]
thanks topgun :) as i mentioned above i selected the i20 then out of nowhere my dad agreed for the verna , i didn't even think of any other car and in 2 days got it :) since its my first sedan , it will be always remembered.....

well i have the sx(o) petrol. the sx and sx(o) gets a different console altogether and a supervision cluster, the sx(o) shows which door is open.
and now the biggest question, kitna deti hai?

Thread Starter #12

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

oh ok , i saw some video yesterday in which it says " welcome " "dooe open" "goodbye" [glasses]
well , i drive at a constant speed of 50-60 and generally my way to college is traffic free , so i get this on the meter

sometimes when i drive in traffic , it drops to 12.. i haven't confirmed with the FTM , will do one day..

how much do you get..??

@all hyundaicars buddy congratulation , welcome to verna club this car is quite famoous in T.A.I and if i am not wrong we have more then 20 memebrs on the form who own one including me , i own a verna crdi sx and belive me more you drive the car more you fall in love with her i drive almost 14000 kms in 5 months still i find something impressive about her every time i drive her , since its my first sedan its always been special.

well it used to be 9km/l on highways till i changed the oil at 5000km now its between 13-17km/l i cruise at 90km/h it gives me 16km/l cruise at 120 gives me 14.5km/l but occasionally i redline the car and accelerate steeply. city its between 10-12km/l

Thread Starter #15

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@all hyundaicars buddy congratulation , welcome to verna club this car is quite famoous in T.A.I and if i am not wrong we have more then 20 memebrs on the form who own one including me , i own a verna crdi sx and belive me more you drive the car more you fall in love with her i drive almost 14000 kms in 5 months still i find something impressive about her every time i drive her , since its my first sedan its always been special.
thanks shunham [:)] oh i love this car , i have done around 1300kms till date and congratz for your verna too. same here , this is my first sedan and will always be special [:)]

well it used to be 9km/l on highways till i changed the oil at 5000km now its between 13-17km/l i cruise at 90km/h it gives me 16km/l cruise at 120 gives me 14.5km/l but occasionally i redline the car and accelerate steeply. city its between 10-12km/l
i take santro\i10 whenever possible , the street i live in is not the best and its very difficult to take it out everytime [anger] i'll upload that as well.
i also think it will give between 10-12 only.

Top Bottom