Why the dealer would sell the TD car,?
If new /upgraded model of same car is launched recently , then he has to discontinue previous TD ca r and provide new upgraded car for the TD, hence old TD car comes for sale.
How to identify TD car.
1) manufacturing date of the car and launch date of the that pirticular model coincides.
2) plastic used to wrap the seats is absent.
3} careful observation reveals nail marks on the door handle area.
4) most of the time but not always especially maruti TD cars are white in color.
Problems associated with buying a TD car.
New custemer s will always take a full TD, obviously they won't shell out hard earned money without TD. As the 8 to 10 lac Rs car custemers are not going to be a first timers, hence they will put the TD car under proper test for suspension, GC at worst conditions.
Also TD car will be revved to at least 3 to 4 k rpm, by the TD custemer, which will void the running in rules.
Running- in is a most important factor in the car's future,. Running -in allows the cars aluminium pistons, crank case , valves to gradually swell and acclimatise the hot engine conditions. If engine is revved at high rpm during running in , its parts will have mismatched dimensions, leading to permanent malfunction, low FE ,misfire, low power.It will require FREQUENT REPAIR WORK . For an individual custemer, it going to be headache , loss of peace of mind. Yes, cost of headache will be the discount qouted.
Car revved beyond the running-in limits are bound to change internal dimension of pistons, crank case, leading to gaps in between them.The gaps lead to leakage of fuel through them, leading to increased oil levels and reduction in viscosity of oil. This in turn leads to emission problems . BTW
, if it is not a TD car , then in addition to thes points mentioned in my previous post , please take in to consideration two more points .while calculating expected discounts
1) Don't ask for full amount for tyre replacement , rather go to the private tyre dealer immidietely tand exchange all the tires with premium brandso such as michelin , bridgestone .you will loose hardly500 to 1000 Rs per tire.
2) if the car is lying under sun since last one year , you need to do paint enrichment /sealent treatment from 3 M or Meiguirs etc. which will cost you Rs 5 k approx.