And finally back from another memorable trip to Tadoba in ever-reliable Tata Safari. It was a 1655.3 km journey with an mileage of 12 km/l with AC all the time!
The AC turned out to be just good enough for temperatures crossing 45+C, no trouble whatsoever. The engine temperature also never crossed half-mark, guess new engine oil and coolant did make a difference. The cruising speed varied from 50 to 100 km/h depending on road conditions.
Onward journey ..
- started from Pune at around 9.30pm on 15th and reached MTDC (Tadoba) at around 11.30am next day (16th)
- the journey included 2 tea / refreshment breaks; first after 266 km. and the next one at 480 km.
- the distance covered while going was 735 km. in around 14 hours
- route taken was Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Mehkar - Karanje - Wardha - MTDC (Tadoba)
- it was a 4 lane road till Jalna but thereafter it was 2 lane; road from Jalna to Mehkar is not-so-good
Return journey ..
- started from Tadoba at 3.30pm on 19th and reached Pune at around 8.30am next day (20th)
- this time we did take a lot more breaks and it took 17 hours for 800km.
- tried to take a different route via Yavatmal but reverted back and just came via Wardha; in the process lost a couple of hours and covered extra km.
- the return journey route remained almost the same
Overall, it was an enjoyable and comfortable ride in Safari with no untoward incident, fortunately. BTW
, we did see a lots of animals and birds during 5 jungle safaris that we undertook and were lucky to get TIGER sighting 3 times :)