My Maruti 800 AC - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
This is my seventh car. Earlier I had Petrol Ambassador Mark II, then 1989 green Premier Padmini, next was 1996 petrol Pal-Peugeot Viceroy (118 NE). In 2007 I purchased new silver Maruti Omni, in 2009 I exchanged it to brand new Maruti wagon-R Lxi. Unfortunately I met with and accident near Hunsur (Mysore) and I had no other way but to sell it. In 2010 Jan I purchased once again Maruti Omni , this time white one and within 3 months I had to sell it since I purchased new twin houses and my bank manager asked me either to close Omni's loan account or sell it before sanctioning the home loan to me.

My 2010 Maruti Omni was very well maintained and within one day I sold it without much loss. After my house warming ceremony I was searching for secondhand cars and saw about 10 -15 vehicles, and believe me not a single car was in perfect conditions. I had limited budget for car since twin house project drained most of my resources. Finally I made up mind to purchase low cost brand new car and I decided to choose from Maruti 800, Nano, Maruti Alto, and Spark. I do a lots of travelling according to me Maruti cars are always better that any other brands due to service facility, spare parts etc. Limited budget, limited parking place in my new house forced me to purchase maruti 800.

But I never regret this. This cute red 800 changed my perception towards it. It is very handy, in congested roads it transforms like a scooter, good fuel average,and more over no one bothers to touch it - so no scratches, and no major issues till today (touch wood!) Some snaps of my earlier cars.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: My Maruti 800AC

You're a true Maruti loyalist. Welcome aboard. Great to know about the number of cars that you have experienced in the past. Please continue the review and upload some snaps of 800. I also own one since nine years now and experience has been absolutely trouble-free to say the least.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello Rao66 welcome aboard that was a nice crispy review of yours.
To me all of the cars you had owned is the best ones which was on sale in India and seems like you have a great experiences in travelling too.

Maruti 800 has time and again emerged as an Indian icon when it comes to be an owner of this little beauty.

Let the pictures of your cute red 800 flow in.

Thread Starter #4
Hi all,
And now I have Maruti 800AC. It is not huge like my earlier Amby, not stable like Premier padmini, not spacious like Omni, not par with Wagon-R, and never ever near to my Peugeot viceroy in driving comfort, even though , I vouch for my tiny Maruti 800. It is more than enough for my basic necessity i.e., commuting: reliably,economically, and without headache. Also I can relax in this car while travelling ! Amazed? because I can allow my wify to drive this! Moreover, front / rear bumpers does not cost a fortune ![:D]
And its engine is bulletproof. No issues as on today. After every 5000 kms I change its engine oil and filter. (Maruti recommends to change oil after 10,000kms) I used to follow this from my Amby days. Since 7 years I use Bardhal engine/gear supplements every time I change the oil. I pour about 40ml 2T oil along with Petrol(per 30 ltrs).MASS people, my mechanic all are against for this. But, they agree that my car's engine is super smooth! I have not used synthetic oils as on today.
Just one bucket of water mixed with Teepol is enough to clean my cute 800! .Very practical. And I do this religiously once in three days. Every weekend my office side mechanic blow compressed air inside the car cabin and I will pay Rs.10 for this.[clap]

Attachments

Welcome to TAI Rao66.

Btw where in Mangalore you stay.

Good to have a Mangaloorean on board.

Wow, this M800 is lucky to have owner like you.

You have maintained it well[thumbsup].

Thread Starter #7
Thx Mukeshus and Varun.

I am from Mangalore, to be exact Urwastore, Near Infosys. I admire your travelogues. And Varun,definetly I will post interior photo.
Regards

Thread Starter #9
"Oh....enklena oorudaare...!" Nice. Your travelogue was excellent, I mean Madurai, Rameshwaram and Kanyakumari. I have been to Madurai couple of years back and as you said I had hell lot of problem to park my Wagon R near the Hotel, and I just fed up and without visiting Meenakshi temple proceeded towards Kodai. We reached Madurai at around12.30 Pm from Palani and visited my supplier. It was a unplanned visit and he took us to a good number of lodges and all are filled with tourists due to high season. 42 degree temperature drained us and by 2-30 pm we ran away to Kodai![lol]

"Oh....enklena oorudaare...!" Nice. Your travelogue was excellent, I mean Madurai, Rameshwaram and Kanyakumari. I have been to Madurai couple of years back and as you said I had hell lot of problem to park my Wagon R near the Hotel, and I just fed up and without visiting Meenakshi temple proceeded towards Kodai. We reached Madurai at around12.30 Pm from Palani and visited my supplier. It was a unplanned visit and he took us to a good number of lodges and all are filled with tourists due to high season. 42 degree temperature drained us and by 2-30 pm we ran away to Kodai![lol]
Sadly i don't speak Tulu :(.

Thanks for those kind words.

Yeah for next day we travelled around madurai in an Auto.

congo for 800 buddy! well i opened thread to see pics of 800 but now saw pics of every other car except 800! just kidding buddy post more pics. its looking maintianed from hood..[:)]

hi rao66 thats an amazingly well kept m800. it is tough to keep a car well in a coastal town like mangalore. i lived in mangalore for 14 yrs and we know how tough it is to maintain car without it getting rusted.
I am currently owning our 6th maruti car ( 3x 800's, one zen, one wagon R, and an alto k10 now)
we are hoping gives us our next maruti free [:D] (swift ZDI)

please keep the car even when you upgrade to a bigger one later. 800's are tough and long lasting
our first m800 lasted for 96000 kms before we sold it!
here is a picture of our last m800.
good luck and wish you a lot of happy miles

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
Thx Eyedocsri for your kind words,
You are absolutely right. In coastal areas only one mantra can save the cars from rusting - " full wash" every month. It is next to impossible to purchase bigger car because - parking problem. I may have to sell my 2 storied house. Also, I am not interested in fancy cars. According to me my basic priority is commuting and my 800 serves this purpose well.And I will keep this car as long as possible.
Best wishes, and soon your Swift ZDI will be there in your parking area! Good luck.

Here is my car's cockpit....!

Attachments

Nice pic, does the clock come with back lite ?
Have you tried whether the heater works ? Usually in all 800 heater wont work
(except ex & dx models)

And is that a silencer cap ?

Top Bottom