MY OHC TYPE II - Stage 1 Mods

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am not much a writer or should i say a reporter....lol.... But i'll try my best with this review. Although its been a couple of months now that i sold her, but as she served me well for 3yrs' she does deserve this positive report

My car craze started when i was 19. Didnt know how to drive back then plus didnt know a-z about cars. However did manage to get my hands on a 2002 lxi single owner car driven just 30000kms and learnt and did my soul searching on this car. As youngsters my friend and me used to visit carter road alot and would see alot of ohc's doing the rounds so thus had made a promise to my self to own one of this beauty one day. As i am from a middle class family i couldnt depend on my folks. So started working when i turned 18 for myself as i didnt want to burden them. So when i was to turn 21 in nov i deecided that i will gift myself an OHC as 21st b'day gift. So started searching for ohc's. Now the delima was in 2008 the resale value for an ohc was good plus majority of the resale cars were abused or not well kept. So this look out took a while. However one day i came across this beauty, a 2001 model, single owner-belonged to the manager of citi@bkc, 1.5 exi, 48k kms, ice blue, already came with 15inch mags. Asking was 3.10lakhs. Checked the car thorougly with the help of a local mecahnic, also checked @ rto for any issues and also checked the detailed service history. Bargained and settled for 2.65 including transfer.

Thread Starter #5
When i got delivery of the car, she had a cassette player with a 12 cd changer.....boring....I had a spare panel from my zen which was the pioneer 5950 with the motorised panel, so as soon as i came home, opened up the old deck and fitted the new panel by myself. Also the car had good and org pioneer helmet speakers and after the hu install i was quite impressed by the sound quality and bass.
Next on my list was interiors. The car had some black leather seat covers for which somehow i had a disliking to. So my gf then now fiancee went the very next day and got the seat covers changed to stanley leather- greyish silver. Trust me those seats felt and looked very awesome.
Also since i got the seat covers changed, i changed the steering wheel to momo drifter steering wheel.
And also added llumar sunfilm, jet black tints on all sides except the windshield. But in due course of the tenure that i had this car with me, i had also installed black tints on the windshield.

ilango[speed thirst];144889 said:
A friend's dad has it and has driven for 3.2L kms and sold them near 2.75lakh.
That's the thing about OHC. Even if it's old/driven quite no of kms. It still has a great re-sale value!
Nowadays, well maintained OHC's are a bit rare & it is even hard to find one which is for sale. [:)]

this is the first pic after i got delivery of car, courtesy of the pic - my to be sis in law.
Looks like it was well maintained [:)]

When i got delivery of the car, she had a cassette player with a 12 cd changer.....boring....I had a spare panel from my zen which was the pioneer 5950 with the motorised panel, so as soon as i came home, opened up the old deck and fitted the new panel by myself. Also the car had good and org pioneer helmet speakers and after the hu install i was quite impressed by the sound quality and bass.
Next on my list was interiors. The car had some black leather seat covers for which somehow i had a disliking to. So my gf then now fiancee went the very next day and got the seat covers changed to stanley leather- greyish silver. Trust me those seats felt and looked very awesome.
Also since i got the seat covers changed, i changed the steering wheel to momo drifter steering wheel.
And also added llumar sunfilm, jet black tints on all sides except the windshield. But in due course of the tenure that i had this car with me, i had also installed black tints on the windshield.
Do post more pics of them if you have it. Will love the see them!
I am addicted here [;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Can you please tell us how much did you sell it for?
I had to sell it due to some financial problems but i sold it for 2lakhs.

ilango[speed thirst];145141 said:
Nice pictures ,
her shoes area so great in pics !
Thanks alot ilango. Trust me i was on a budget initially. But after a year had upgraded her tires to yokohama s drive n it looked even better

It's looking so neat & well maintained. Lovely![angel]
Expecting the rest of the review + Interior pics during your free time. [:)]
Thanks jihu, the moment i came accross this beauty, i had closed the deal in record time but had it checked by a couple of mechanics before. Looks can be deceptive as well. However this was not the case for her. Lucky me

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #12
After sometime the freeflow bug bit me. Actually i had an automech exhaust for my mpfi zen which was k and initially wasnt very keen on a freeflow. But i couldnt resist it. Through a very close friend i managed to source a 4*2*1 complete freeflow including headers, and a ractive s2000 air filter with an alluminium cold intake pipe. The sound was just right and the filter wasnt as loud as a k&n for which i was very happy. To my good luck i had some work in pune. So early morning, left for pune @ 4am and drove quite sanely max touching speeds of 150kms. The car was behaving absolutely well unlike what i heard that the rear of an ohc is not very good at high speeds. Anyways got an average of around 15kmpl. Wow. Anyways the work got done in an hour and couldnt wait to get back home as i hadnt slept the previous night at all. So as i left pune and eneterd the expressway from pune i realised that both my friends-females- had fallen asleep. hhhmmmm. This was the time for some spirited driving. The car just pulled on every gear like no tommo, was doing an average of 160km and did a top speed of 200kms but sadly by the time i removed my phone to click the pic, dropped down to 195kms.completed the entire expressway from pune to mumbai in 53mins. I just loved it

zengetz

Suspended
Hey btw you mentioned that you picked the car from the manager of Citi, did it happen to be from Mr. Lochan ? The car looks strikingly similar to my Mausaji's car. He's from Vashi and is the CFO for Citi.

After sometime the freeflow bug bit me. Actually i had an automech exhaust for my mpfi zen which was k and initially wasnt very keen on a freeflow. But i couldnt resist it. Through a very close friend i managed to source a 4*2*1 complete freeflow including headers, and a ractive s2000 air filter with an alluminium cold intake pipe. The sound was just right and the filter wasnt as loud as a k&n for which i was very happy. To my good luck i had some work in pune. So early morning, left for pune @ 4am and drove quite sanely max touching speeds of 150kms. The car was behaving absolutely well unlike what i heard that the rear of an ohc is not very good at high speeds. Anyways got an average of around 15kmpl. Wow. Anyways the work got done in an hour and couldnt wait to get back home as i hadnt slept the previous night at all. So as i left pune and eneterd the expressway from pune i realised that both my friends-females- had fallen asleep. hhhmmmm. This was the time for some spirited driving. The car just pulled on every gear like no tommo, was doing an average of 160km and did a top speed of 200kms but sadly by the time i removed my phone to click the pic, dropped down to 195kms.completed the entire expressway from pune to mumbai in 53mins. I just loved it
that's OHC! [evil]
I hope it was driven safe. High speeds require greater responsibilities! [;)]

And you managed to get 15kmpl? My cousin uses one, well, he stays at U.A.E & when he comes here for vacation. He uses that one. It has a free flow exhaust type sound (not exact, pretty odd). He gets around 5-6kmpl as per his review. I even know the reason:
1) not well maintained [frustration]
2) driving style

Top Bottom