Got Wet in the Rain of Fluidics - Hyundai Verna Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Got wet in the rain of Fluidics!!! | Clocked 45,000 kms | SOLD

Yes guys you read it right. Its raining fluids everywhere so that made us wet too. Now let’s start the story.

Well it all started around June 2011 or so. Our 2008 DZIre VDi was and is still running strong and was about to complete three years with us. So we have a mindset like buy new car, take a loan for three year, after completing the loan, we sell it and buy another one. Simply because we don’t want to end up spending money in engine overhauling etc and all after say 100k kms. In around three years our running was around 66k kms. So for a 66k kms old diesel car we can expect good price rather than using it for above 95k kms and then selling it.

So, back again to the topic. One fine day Dad asked me:
Dad: DZire’s loan will be cleared in a couple of months. What do you think?
I: So what, we will keep the car and what?
Dad: I mean till what time will we keep the car?
I: At least till the time it doesn’t starts giving troubles. Anyhow we have extended warranty for 4years in all. So what’s the problem?
Dad: Okay as you say. BTW which one should we buy if we had to?
I: No I don’t want to sell this car.
Dad: Okay as u wish.

Again few weeks passed.
One day while going to office we were constantly behind a Purple Fluidic. I was glued to that car did not overtake and was just behind that car admiring. Dad was next to me.

Dad: Which car is this?
I: Verna
Dad: Obviously I can read it. I mean is this the new one?
I: Yes. It’s the Fluidic model.
Dad: When did it launched.
I: A month back or so.
Dad: So what’s the report?
I: Nothing much; 20k cars booked within a span of few days. Six months waiting, awesome mileage. Overall a good package.
I Over took the car.
I: Shouldn’t we buy this one.
Dad: Nah. Its kissing the road. Not enough ground clearance. What will happen if we load the boot with our goods? (Ours is a business of Automobile spare parts and accessories, so we have to frequently get the car loaded with those stuff; sometimes even on the rear seats too to go for nearby deliveries!) It’s not for we people.
I: I don’t think so.
Dad: I am again saying we should buy a DZire again.
I: No. Not at all.

One day we were returning early from office and decided to check out the Fluidic. So went to the showroom. Saw the car. Already liked it and then stated loving it. Took the brouchers and the price list. Drove back home dreaming about it. That night checked out the feature list and the variants and made my mind if we will buy this one it would be 1.6base .

Few days later while driving to office.
I: Don’t you think we should buy a second car instead of changing the car?
Dad: So which one?
I: Swift.
Dad: Ya we should check out some swifts in good conditions used for not more than a year. What say?
I: Yes will do only if you allow me it to be the personal car rather than making it also a work horse.
Dad: Done. We will see.
Did some research. There there were hardly any Swift Diesels in the second hand market. Those which were there were badly abused and the prices were insane.
Dad: Better we pay few thousands extra and buy a new one.
I: No.
Dad: Why
I: New swift is coming.
Dad: That’s great. We will buy that for sure.
Then the swift launched. Checked out the car. The only model which I found sensible was the ZDi; which was crossing the 7L mark.
Dad: Why to buy a hatch back when you can get sedan for the same price. (DZire VDi)
I: No. No DZire again.

Meanwhile while Dad’s friend brought the i20 CRDi since there were strikes at the plan that waiting was never ending. Also one of his colleague brought POLO TDi base model for his son who has booked the new swift and canceled it because of waiting. So two more options for dad.
Dad: What do you say?
I: Polo TDi base model.
Dad: Okay

Few days passed. Had cousin sister’s wedding in November. All were busy. The DZire was loyal doing its duty at work and at the preparations at the wedding too. The wedding day arriver. Everything went right with God’s grace. Also the DZire’s loan was completed. The car was Free!!!

Life was back to routine. Paid attention to the ODO. It was 69k.

Also the second car chapter was closed. Simply because
  • Me and my dad together go to the office.
  • Only one car can be used at a time.
  • Didn’t have our own parking. The car used to be parked on the road side wherever we get space. So how will we handle a second car.
  • Seeing another car parked; people/relatives may asks for keys to go here and there. Can’t say No to anyone. Better not have one.

Again days passed. 71k on odo.
I: I think we should change the car.
Dad: You say so. So which one?
I: Fluidic.
Dad: No. Not at all. You know our background of business. The car is used as a TATA 407. What will happen to that car? Also does it makes any sense in buying a 10lac car and using it as a work horse? We generally travel on bad roads in garage lines etc.
I: So what? I am the one who takes all the care and drive. You should not bother all this now. You just sit next to me and relax. You have done enough of hard work. Also the roads in which we use to travel are getting better. There are very few areas which are pathetic but we can drive there with caution!
No more discussions.

That night during dinner.
Dad: So which model/variant are you considering?
I: 1.6 base.
Dad: How much does it costs.
I: Around 9-9.5lac. Not more than 10L
Dad: Don’t you think it is much costlier.
I: So what? DZire ZDi costs around 8L or so. So its 2L more. You get 1.6; reverse sensors, airbags, disc breakes,etc, etc.. Also if you pay 2lac more, it will sell 2lac costlier ater 3 years. Gave enough excuses to pull him toward this car.:biggrin:
Lil bro: Yes Dad. This cars looks good. We will buy this one only. What do you say mom?
Mom: Don’t drag me in all this. I don’t know anything about cars, so better keep me away from it.
Hmm. So don’t I have any other choices?
I: No. If you wanna change the car, then it will be Fluidic or elso keep this car. It is running good. I have no problem at all.
So days passed. Dad asked few of his colleges and relatives about Verna. All gave a thumbs up. Got a green signal.

On 13th Jan, It was Lohri. So all the family members were gathered.
Uncle: So whats up with the new car huh?
Dad: Verna Fluidic. It has six months waiting. Have to book it. And your nephew is saying he wants this car only. How will we handle this 10lac car, We don’t even have a proper parking, etc..

Suddenly Grandma appeared form nowhere in the discussion: If he wants it get him. He will take care of it. Nways he only takes care of all the current rides in our house. No one else even clean a seat of their rides. So what are you waiting for? Today is a good day. Go now and book it. Get him what he wants.
Dad: Now come on. Get ready.
Jumped up and got ready. Took moms signature on the cheque and we were on our way to book Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi.
Went to meet one of my Dad’s friend who has influences in most of the showrooms. Told him the whole scenario. He told that he can get us the car a couple of months before the quoted six months. Just go to ABC showroom; meet Mr. XYZ and give him the reference.
So headed towards ABC showroom..While going to the showroom.
Dad: Which is the model above 1.6?
I: SX
Dad: Whats the price difference?
I: Don’t know. Didn’t even bother to check out because you wanted me to be in the budget.
Dad: If that one is VFM then shouldn’t we will buy that one.
I: We will see.
Reached the showroom.
Was welcomed by the receptionist. Told her that we wanted to meet Mr. XYZ. So she asked what’s the work, have you met him before, etc.. Then we gave him the reference of the person and we were able to meet him. Actually he was the Head of the sales executive team, who generally does not interact with the customers directly. Met this guy. Gave him the reference.
Now he showed the boucher and the price list. Checked out the price difference and it was around 58-60k.
In which we get;
  • 5pcs 16” alloys
  • 5pcs 195/55/16 tyres.
  • Reverse camera
  • Automatic foldable mirrors.
  • Cooled glove box.
  • Supervision cluster.
  • Adjustable rear headrest
  • Electrochromic Inside rearview mirror
  • Dual airbags.
Which I felt was doing justice for the price difference of 60k.

Discussed this with Dad and he said as you wish. No problem with 60k.
It took me a Good 1hr to decide whether 1.6base or 1.6SX.
I asked for a TD and the vehicle was arranged within 5minutes and it was a SX. The driver who accompanied us was a dumb I must say. Actually I acted like that I don’t know any features about the car and so and that guy was not interested in showing me the features and all. That’s another along story to be discussed about that. Nwayz was impressed with the car. It was a short TD for about 4kms or so.
Reached back to the showroom and made my mind for the SX and booked one paying the booking amount of 75k.

In short went to the showroom to book a 1.6base and came back booking a 1.6 SX![:D]

Few Links:

|The visit to the Stockyard|

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics-8.html#post158196

|Finally the Fluidic Arrives home|

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics-9.html#post159432

|Initial Reviews and Findings|
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics-10.html#post162998

|First Service Update|
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics-17.html#post167924

|Got the Seat Covers|
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics-26.html#post193986

|Second Service Update|

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics-31.html#post214628

Some Pics!

Last edited:
Re: Got wet in the rain of Fluidics!!!

WoW what a narration gears1313, let me the first one to congratulate to wishing you many happy miles on your new Fluidics, amazing machine eagerly waiting for the pics.

Wow gears, that was a good walk through of your Verna's story.

Hooked on to this thread for constant updates.

Main twist of this story is your grandma in the panel of discussion.

Congrats on booking Verna , now the ticker starts and start counting the days.

waiting for the car to be delivered after booking is the most difficult time,sometimes you have sleepless nights.[sleep]

i only know how i have waited for 5 damn months & dozens of arguments for my verna to be delivered.[frustration]

anyway congrats for booking[cheers]

Just now finished reading your Verna story, the 1.6 SX is very good decision and the specs that this version carries smells like a good deal.

So when are you getting car? What's the OTR price in your city?

lxi.

Suspended

Very detailed and a excellent writeup Gears!
Congrats on your FLUIDIC Verna SX booking. Its my favourite Diesel Sedan!
Here you mentioned-
Didn’t have our own parking. The car used to be parked on the road side wherever we get space. So how will we handle a second car.
I also had the same problem while buying my third car(Actually, BEAST) - Mahindra Scorpio. Now I have to pack in 2 of the cars and one stays out!

What is the on-road price?
I am hooked to this thread!

Cheers.

Thread Starter #8

Well actually realized that today we have completed 2months of our booking![:D]

WoW what a narration gears1313, let me the first one to congratulate to wishing you many happy miles on your new Fluidics, amazing machine eagerly waiting for the pics.
Thanks a lot Tough Guy!!
Wow gears, that was a good walk through of your Verna's story.

Hooked on to this thread for constant updates.

Main twist of this story is your grandma in the panel of discussion.

Congrats on booking Verna , now the ticker starts and start counting the days.
Thanks Mukeshus. Yes Grandma was the 'Gamechanger'!!!:biggrin:

waiting for the car to be delivered after booking is the most difficult time,sometimes you have sleepless nights.

i only know how i have waited for 5 damn months & dozens of arguments for my verna to be delivered.

anyway congrats for booking
Thanks Pankajgavri! Sleepless nights are still on. BTW more sleepless nights will come when we will make the full payment and the car will yet to be delivered. That period will actually be of sleepless nights.

Just now finished reading your Verna story, the 1.6 SX is very good decision and the specs that this version carries smells like a good deal.

So when are you getting car? What's the OTR price in your city?
Well Vishwas; the actual waiting period quoted by the dealer is 6-7months. Dont know exactly when will we get ours!

Here's the pricing of Vashi (MH43) excluding octroi and including 1%Cess.

Hyundai Fluidic Verna SX CRDi.

Ex showroom: 9,49,685/-
Insurance: 29,897/-
Registration(INDV) & Service Charge: 75,243/-
1%CESS: 9,497/-
Total: 10,64,322/-

Extended Warranty 3rd year: 11,619/-
Essential package: 11,999/-

Very detailed and a excellent writeup Gears!
Congrats on your FLUIDIC Verna SX booking. Its my favourite Diesel Sedan!
Here you mentioned-

I also had the same problem while buying my third car(Actually, BEAST) - Mahindra Scorpio. Now I have to pack in 2 of the cars and one stays out!

What is the on-road price?
I am hooked to this thread!

Cheers.
Thanks lxi! Prices are posted above.

Great write up buddy keep us updated .
have a nice ride .[drive]
Thankyou Maximas!

gears did you book it from sharayu? or somewhere else? do let me know on the service front will need to change from sharayu this time around

Thread Starter #10

gears did you book it from sharayu? or somewhere else? do let me know on the service front will need to change from sharayu this time around
Nah!!! How can I make that mistake after reading your story!![:D] Well had went to Sharayu also and they had an insane waiting of 8-10months. Also they didn't showed any excitement/interest for the Verna CRDi customers. May be some attitude problem with them..
BTW there's one newly opened service center in Chunabhatti. Did you checked out that?

Last edited:

Congrats gears ! Your scenario was sonewhat similar to mine .
Even i took some time before choosing verna . So are you from vashi ? Did well not to go with Sharayu , even i faced issues with them . My total onroad went for approximate 10.75 which includes everything .

Congratulations buddy for your Verna[clap]. And that's a quite interesting stroy and very well written.

Oh man! How can you write such long and intersting story. Finished your story now. congrats on great owning.

lxi.

Suspended

@Gears, Now just 2-3 months are left! [:)]

Waiting for a nice pic of the Verna in _____ colour.
Which colour buddy! :stupid:

Thread Starter #15

Congrats gears ! Your scenario was sonewhat similar to mine .
Even i took some time before choosing verna . So are you from vashi ? Did well not to go with Sharayu , even i faced issues with them . My total onroad went for approximate 10.75 which includes everything .
Thanks Rohan! Well I am not from Vashi . I stay at Sion and we have a valid proof of Vashi; so saving the octroi.[:D]
Well does 10.75L includes extended warranty?

Congratulations buddy for your Verna. And that's a quite interesting stroy and very well written.
Thank You singh890!

Oh man! How can you write such long and intersting story. Finished your story now. congrats on great owning.
Thanks a lot snady! Just started typing recollecting the incidents and ended up with this. However the story has been cutshort so that people dont get board reading. Also you can gess how lazy I am. This was to be posted months before; Nwayz I think is not late either.

@Gears, Now just 2-3 months are left!

Waiting for a nice pic of the Verna in _____ colour.
Which colour buddy!
Yes lxi. almost 2-3months to go...

Oops sorry did not mentioned the color. How can I forget that!:stupid:
Well liked all the colors available but

Black: Hard to maintain and attracts heat. becomes an oven. Already owned one black color car.

Purple: Well, this color also looks good; but its maintenance is equal to black IMO.

Grey:
Good color. Bro didn't liked it.

Beige: IMO one of the best and ruff n tuff color. During monsoons the car doesn't looks as dirty as it should be.

Silver: Liked this color to. Easy to maintain IMO. But Dad rejected since DZire is also Silver and no Silver again.

White: My personal favourite from the lot. Just love white cars with black tints. Also Fluidic looks awesom in this colour IMO.

So booked in White color.[:D]

BTW these are my preferences in ascending order.
White; Silver; Beige; Grey; Black; Purple.

Top Bottom