Keys to Happiness - My TATA Nano; Our Snowbell!

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,

On 27th February was my wedding anniversary; I have blissfully completed 3 years of marriage. I have always been fond of Tata cars, no matter how the public would react to them - Grande, nano, Safari have been my favorites despite the tata niggles/problems.

I currently have a Zen in Mumbai, an Estilo in Nagpur; while in the last 3 years, my status has changed from single to double to now a proud daddy! I have always been fond of the Nano ever since I set my eyes on the car. However, loud engine noise, lack of left mirror and some other factors always let me against it.

As said earlier, 27th was my wedding anniversary; I wanted to take my family to a Tata showroom to have a look at the Grande; however, my wifey (and family) had a different plan in their minds. My wife knew my love for the nano and presenting below is my 2nd big gift from her (first - my son!).

@ Wifey - I love you! thank you for being with me...

Here's a little story involving the purchase experience:

Buying Experience:

My wife knew that I like the Tata Nano and was waiting for an upgraded version (CNG/Diesel/Electric). A few days prior to the anniversary, I used to frequent the Nano website and see it in various colors; I have even joined the Nano club on FB.

So, she decided in her mind that she would give me this car (while I was planning to buy an Ertiga in June/July (Plan changed for time being). So, one fine morning (24th February, 2012), after I left for work, the called Just dial to get the number of Tata Dealers in Mira Road area (There's Balaji); they couldn't find that, so they gave her the numbers of other dealers.

Time 8:00 AM - Wifey called Wasan Motors between 8.00 AM to 10.00 AM at-least 30 times (not knowing the fact that usually the dealerships open between 10.30 - 11.00 AM). Finally at 10.00 AM, someone picked the phone and promptly transferred the line to the Nano Executive.

Test Drive:

Wifey explained to her the whole reason and she was more than willing to help her; so a test drive vehicle was arranged for and promptly sent home. Wifey took the test drive and was happy with it. She doesnt drive much but found the car to be peppy and nimble for her needs. Her comments were "its more spacious than our Zen", Mom, me and bhabhi (sister in law) can sit more comfortably; Space aspect helped close the deal.

Negotiations

Again on phone! Everything happened on phone here. She was given a corporate discount of INR 10,000 + INR 5,000 as we already own a car. Besides this, we have opted for Tata's finance scheme (will close it in 6 month's time to lead a debt free life).

Accessories:

• Tata Music system
  • Mud flaps and mats
  • Side protection moldings.

In near future, I would like to upgrade to Nano Alloys as i feel, they make the vehicle look spectacular. Also, I may go in for remote locking.

Lastly, can someone advise if sun films should be added? If yes, which one and what would be the approximate cost.

Mileage:

So far, I am not driving it much as I am not getting much time but will soon start logging more kms on the same and keep everyone informed on the mileage. As of now, I assume it to be in the range of 18-20 kmpl (with AC); I may be wrong as Nano is presumably, India's most fuel efficient car. First tankful cost me just INR 900!

Looks and Styling:

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the car. Where ever I go, it turns heads; it spreads smiles all over.

Looks: 9/10 (rear could have been a little different)
Interior packing: 7 (Lack of storage space)

Driving Pleasure:

Fun! real fun. The engine may be small, but it sure is spirited for city driving. I no where felt the need for additional cc or BHP. I have 2 more cars for highway runs so, not much of a problem. Lastly, I can finally look into the eyes of a Scorpio driver!

Further, it is nimble and can zip through the by-lanes of smaller towns and cities. It certainly helps to have a smaller turning radius.

What could have been better :

• I feel (or my brother feels), a power steering would have certainly been more beneficial. I know it's been done for a reason (cost), but future variants could have it.
  • Lockable glove box. At-least like the one shown at the expo.
  • The taller structure of the car restricts some view, parking sensors are a must I believe.
  • 3 point seat belts for the rear passengers.
Teaser Pic for your viewing pleasure:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks master; I am yet to have any niggles in the car (crossed about 200 kms in 2 weeks). This is my first step towards buying a bigger TATA vehicle in the future - Storme/Aria or the Grande.

Hello All,

About to buy Nano LX Mojito Green for my wife.

was offered a discount of Rs. 15K cos i have a Manza from the same dealer, refused any other addons.

Just as i sat on the car for test drive, i was so happy with the seating position & space AND FELL FOR IT! My wife too was happy with size of the car (as it was not as big as Manza) and the space it had (much better than M800)

@amtak are you planning for any addons??

Thread Starter #5
Nano LX in Mojito Green? Are you sure that it is not CX? My reason of buying it? I like it! besides, I always tell my wife, whatever car we'll buy I'll buy 1 nano for sure.

Wow another Nano flows into TAI, congrats for your Nano Amtak and the nano owners i have met is really really in love with them and i know your experience with this too.

Please keep this thread updated and let more pictures flow in.

Lastly, can someone advise if sun films should be added? If yes, which one and what would be the approximate cost.
Sun films are a must if you live in hot climate conditions.Go for Garware with 50% visibility it's better. The cost would be round 2-3k apprx.

Nano LX in Mojito Green? Are you sure that it is not CX
Mojito Green is available only in LX vairant.

Man its raining pearl white nanos in TAI or what:biggrin:.

Anyway congrats Amit for acquiring this small wonder.I wish you super happy miles with your nano for a long long time to come.Cheers.

PS: We need more pics,bring them on!!

Hi amtak,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Your Nano is looking great in white. Post some more pics of your ride.

lxi.

Suspended
Congrats and Heartiest Welcome to TAI Amtak!
Do post more pics of the car.
It looks brilliant and best in White!
Seems like its raining Nanos in TAI :lol!:

Drive safe!

amtak welcome to TAI and congratulations on your new nano, looks amazingly good in this shade as well as in some bright shades.But yes 2012 Nano's are really doing well and selling.
space is something tata's are on top, they perfectly know what indian family looks first and their vehicles have acres of them.Have a blissful ownership and do update your ownership report with how was your surprised presented and more pictures.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard, Amtak. Congrats for Nano and that’s a wonderful review. She’s looking so sweet in white and tints will certainly enhance her prettiness. I look forward to more pictures soon. Keep us updated. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello Amtak,first of all welcome to TAI,have a happy stay here.

Congrats for acquiring your
[clap]

Nano in white looks really great.Wishing you happy miles with your 'Nano' partner.

Top Bottom