Has anyone tried anything on improving the Nano's Noise-Vibration-Harshness?
We could feel that the NVH is bad. Could also hear the road noise.
1. Use some padding inside the car
2. Change / modify the exhaust system
3. Use better tyres
4. Use fully synthetic oil
5. Change rubber based engine mounts that can reduce vibrations further
To understand how much noise is heard inside the car when in Idle, i did a simple test. Borrowed a friends Sony Experia LT 22i phone which was installed with an android App that can measure the sound level in db and used it inside the car when in idle. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ra.sound&hl=en
1. Inside the office: 49 db was the noise measured
2. Inside the car with engine Off (Basement parking):60db was measured
3. Inside the car with engine running:68~70db
4. Inside the car with AC Blower in Full:82db
As per noise standards
49db corresponds to Quiet office
60db corresponds to Normal conversation at 3 ft
70db corresponds to Busy Traffic / Phone ringtone
80db corresponds to Busy Street Alarm clock
All these were measured in the Nano, when it was stationary. Probably may touch 90db when on road.
90db corresponds to factory machinery at 3 ft !
Shall update you on my findings and measurements when its driven.
Have a great day !