I was really interested to buy Nano in 2011-12, but my family was against it after TD. Even though done multiple TD my wife was not ready to accept Nano. She was a learner driver at that time.Issues she told are (some may be related to TD car or 2012 model)
1. No pwer steering
2. no rear hatch door
3. Heat coming from rear seat( though Ac is a chiller,we felt rear seat area getting hotter)
4. No good dash board.(no space for even docs,She hated that bag to keep docs.
5. no good sound insulation.Rattles.
Though many issues Tata sorted out lately..That is the issue.Yes Tata solved it very late. Still some of them are.
According to me many issues still there ,
1.Different tire size. I hate that puny front tire.
2. No disc brake. I heard disc brakes are cheaper than drum brakes to manufacture.
3. No good dash board. Atleast they should give a good dash then start to comapre with M800/alto
4. alignment issue/front suspension issues i heard.
5. Still no rear hatch door.
6. Rattles.No good sound insulation.
Apart from that,to forget this issues and buy one, this car is not that cheaper to own compared to other cars. We have better used cars option there.
Why didnt they sorted out these simple issues in a single version and launched V2. I dont think Tata didnt have the technical Knowledge to sort this out. With its 625 CC rear engine nano is most powerful car to drive compared to competiters they are powerful in paper. Tata should think about the other issues before thinking about Engine power upgrade.
At least they could have given a rear split seat for a car which doesnt have the rear hatch door. without these spending crores for advertisement doesnt give good sales.AFAIK
, ads will attract people to showroom, but it doesnt convert to sales unless they sorted out these issues along with their infamous TASS.