Tata Nano – To Its Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Tata Nano – To Its Best

tata nano introduced to the world in the early 2000s and launched by 2008. had no interest in buying this car when it was launched. in fact no interests in cars at that time. ( i was in 12th standard in 2008). my dad wished to buy one for my grandpa's personal use and one for him to go to his office(1to 2 Kms from home) but i refused to buy nano. so wasted 1000 rs for the application and we managed with the hyundai accent GLS (2002) and tata indica DLE + Aftermarket power steering (2000). so after completing my 12th , dad sold indica as the maintenance cost was getting so high since everything sstarted going wrong. we got hyundai i10 sportz (2009). finally that too turnd out to be a failure as it gave 13 kmpl only for city drive and the petrol hike at that time gave more trouble. i kept nodding my dad for a bike when i loved to style of yamaha's new launches. but as i'm a too rash driver my dad kept saying no

but my mom wanted to get me something. so some how mom helped me to convince dad to get me a car.
my only condition was it should be a white car and i need some mods on it
actually at that time also not interested in nano. thought of getting some second handed car. went search of a good one in a budget of 2.5L. none matched my taste. my neighbour who works in TASS asked me to take a test drive of nano.
so at one side dad was happy to get nano because its speed limited to 100 (when i went for TD the executive said its 72km)
so after the TD kind of satisfied. still hated it as it doesnt have power streeing disc brakes and different tyre sized 3 lug wheels.favourite white was not available in full option

my dad convinced me saying that he will get the bumper painted so it looks good. some how i made my mind with the tata nano. so i was December 09 2010 evening. i received her. went for a 50 km ride the same day. next day pushed the accelerator to its max as i want to experience what this speed limiter is. car didnt go more than 90. turned many people's head while driving. i can even hear people asking is it an imported..

so here goes the first mod i can say stage1
my relative who is a car painter and detailer said that he will take care of all painting works and further hit dents and scratches. (second day while taking my car out of shed the door moved by itself and got a dent in the running board
1. blacked out a pillers and got some sporty names on door(removed now)
2. roamed around the town in mid noon to get a spoiler. at last found one made my classique for nano with brake light 1900rs for primer coat and a wheel cover
3. bumper painting + full body teflon coating
went to chennai to get some additional stuffs - fog lamps, antenna, LED strips, shark fin
got all works done the next day of Christmas

Mod2- Stage 2
not satisfied with the fake sporty stickers so went in search of body graphics( autographics) none matched my taste. so referred some from net some from NFS and designed one myself.
in sticker shop the person was very talented and was very much interested in doing such things in nano
so the side graphics. in the rear debadged and got sticker saying "different kind of driving" - inspired for transporter movie. later removed when i get more comments from people.

upgraded some basic stuffs like headlamps then horn got some underbody leds and cfls
swapped all the music parts of my hyundai accent to nano as i got a very basic pioneer HU for nano which gave poor bass. the pioneer tweeters TS-20 is excellent.
got alloy wheels this time-Plati 12 inch (couldnt get a bigger one because of the 3 lug arrangement[frustration])
OVRMs of new nano on both sides in body color

and got some stickers when ever idea comes to my mind
top painted - metallic black the i20's colour
full body clear coated due to the side body graphics

stage 3
roof scoop- just show (plastic made- now ordered in ebay(160rs)
smoking tail lamps
body kits
art leather seat covers and matching door pads
maruthi 800's tyre for front

stage 4
Red stripes Vinyl
interior paintings
Subwoofer
3rd tyre set BS290 135/70 for front and Yokohama 165/60 for rear
many people had asked me and still asking. why do i modify a cheap car tata nano. here is the answer to all of them(no offence and nothing personal to hurt any one)
most people modify swifts , lancer and other cars that is common but modifyin a nano is something new ( i like doing some unique things )
this petrol car give me a max 29 kmpl[evil] when i'm in bad mood 20 to 25kmpl

i guess this is enough saying about nano. let pictures speak
uploaded pics in the thread it says uploaded in the thread... and if i give the link it says invalid link
so for pics refer herehttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/6050-tata-nano-accessories-modifications.html

so guys give me some ideas/suggestions regarding upgrades , DOs and Donts, any bad works. i would love to hear them

updated pics here

facebook - tata nano photoshoot

facebook-version 3

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Tata Nano To It's Best - Multi Stage Modifications

Wow very nice and detailed review [clap].

I thought this was nano 2012 version, my god it never resembles like one.

Hey the Chrome strip in the bonnet and at the bottom of the front Bumper, is it an OE fitment or a custom made?

another suggestion, Paint the steel rims to black color, then the wheel caps will get a nice stance[:)]

EDIT: Post some interior pics and nano in action with LEDs know.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Excellent writeup buddy!
For sure, Your Cutie will be a head turner on Roads!
Post a close pic of the Roof Scoop! I am getting tempted to see it!

this petrol car give me a max 29 kmpl when i'm in bad mood 20 to 25kmpl
Ohh. So when you are in bad mood, The engine also gets in a bad mood! :) (I know, In bad mood, You must be doing RASH driving !)

One of the Best TATA nanos I have seen!
keep the good work up man!

Can you post a closer pic of the shark fin? Its cost and process of sticking? Purpose?

Get the running board (Correct me if the word is wrong!) vinyld by black i20 WAALA colour.!

JUST A SUGGESTION : WHEN YOU WILL SMOKE YOUR TAIL LAMPS, DO SMOKE THE INDICATORS ON THE HL AND ON THE SIDE FENDERS ALSO. wILL LOOK good.

Best of Luck.

lxi.

Suspended

Hey the Chrome lip in the bonnet and at the bottom of the front Bumper, is it an OE fitment or a custom made?
@Vishwas - Buddy, This is not the chrome lip. This is a custom made bull bar for the purpose of adding round lamps to it.

another suggestion, Paint the steel rims to black color, then the wheel caps will get a nice stance
What?!
I think you are mistaken. He is having beautiful ALLOYS. No steel rims!
They are clearly visible in the above pic!

@Vishwas - Buddy, This is not the chrome lip. This is a custom made bull bar for the purpose of adding round lamps to it.
[surprise] I meant to say the Chrome strip at the bottom of the bonnet dear.

What?!
I think you are mistaken. He is having beautiful ALLOYS. No steel rims!
They are clearly visible in the above pic!
See it here: They are wheel caps bro!
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6050-tata-nano-accessories-modifications.html

lxi.

Suspended

NO FIGHTS HERE.
But buddy NO, they are alloys-
Mod2- Stage 2
not satisfied with the fake sporty stickers so went in search of body graphics( autographics) none matched my taste. so referred some from net some from NFS and designed one myself.
in sticker shop the person was very talented and was very much interested in doing such things in nano
so the side graphics. in the rear debadged and got sticker saying "different kind of driving" - inspired for transporter movie. later removed when i get more comments from people.

upgraded some basic stuffs like headlamps then horn got some underbody leds and cfls
swapped all the music parts of my hyundai accent to nano as i got a very basic pioneer HU for nano which gave poor bass. the pioneer tweeters TS-20 is excellent.
got alloy wheels this time-Plati 12 inch (couldnt get a bigger one because of the 3 lug arrangement)OVRMs of new nano on both sides in body color
[:)][:D]

And regarding the chrome strip (As you are saying)
Just for your clarification-
Check the below thread , Post number 40 and 42.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...50-tata-nano-accessories-modifications-3.html
Thanks.

modifyin a nano is something new ( i like doing some unique things )
That's great, you have done a very nice job imo.

Post some more pics from various angles. [:)]

Thread Starter #8

i guess the drum paint makes the viewer think it is a steel wheel. those are alloys
attaching the pic of alloys

what color will be good for drums?
interior pics are here. these are old. not got lot of improvements.

few more pics. a closer look of the so called bull bar

and ya about the shark fin its just for show but in cars like bmw i think its the antenna. fixing it is just the double side tape. cost 120rs i guess

Attachments

commendable job my friend. hats off your efforts and I must say brilliant ones at them. You must take your nano to TATA officials to tease them. [;)]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #10

@freakdude
i took my car for the last free service to TASS. the people who work there surrounded my car and took pics in there mobile. lot of comments to. [:)]

NO FIGHTS HERE.
But buddy NO, they are alloys-
[:)][:D]
Oops Sorry bro, the silver paint in the drum made me to perceive as Wheel Caps.

i guess the drum paint makes the viewer think it is a steel wheel. those are alloys
attaching the pic of alloys

what color will be good for drums?
That picture came to the rescue, The Drums will look good if painted in Shiny black or in Red if you like, Black looks more appropriate matching with the stickers IMO

interior pics are here. these are old. not got lot of improvements.
Planning to mod interiors too?

Thread Starter #12

the stock drum was black so i opted for body colour. how about orange?
interiors mod ya planning
1st wanted to get it carpeted(planning for a red one so it looks executive-1500-2000rs and 7hours job :( )
art-leather seats and a stitched steering cover
and to remove the green light..it irritates while driving and its getting common too :)

the stock drum was black so i opted for body colour. how about orange?
Orange looks very flashy, Ferrari red(bright red) suits better.

interiors mod ya planning
1st wanted to get it carpeted(planning for a red one so it looks executive-1500-2000rs and 7hours job :( )

art-leather seats and a stitched steering cover
Will look awesome, and put the seat covers with red and black combo will look sporty inside.

Thread Starter #14

already my accent have red and black combo. this nano will be a new variety.eg like driver seat will in blue and all other seat will be in its contrast may be white.
how will it be?

buddy your car looks cool. real cool. paint the brake drums black or red. the thing on your steering wheel is dangerous. it oversteers unexpectedly. get it removed asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom