Hyundai Verna Fluidic VTVT SX(O) – My AvalonMobile

Thread Starter #1
It all started mid last year when my roomie booked a Honda CBR250 and eventually became one of the first owners of the bike in Bangalore. I at the time was satisfied with my Maruti Alto LXI which I bought brand new after just 6 months into my first job. (Life in big time savings mode and a loan helped me). I got fascinated by the Diesel Rocket aka Chevrolet Cruze. It’s an awesome car, having a lot really cool features and power to boot. Sadly it was way beyond any budget I could afford then and just shelved the idea of buying a new car.

Come November and some life changing events happened, life- long milestones were set and there was no looking back. This spurred me to start hunting for a car again. With a slightly stretchable budget of 10Lakhs I short listed 4 cars, Honda City, Fiat Linea, Volkswagen Vento and Hyundai Verna.

The City, sharp styling, really good handling, but got dropped because of high spares and maintenance costs although my neighbor who owns an Accord V6 and a Old City advised me that the City is a really good car etc etc.

The Linea, very beautiful, very Italian, very VFM, but heard and read horror service stories and the Linea got dropped too.

The Vento, really solid car, really built like a tank meant to last , but really bare interiors. Come on when you spend a good sum of money you’d expect some creature features.

The Verna, a Hyundai, not too heavy on maintenance, has a lot of features and most of all has a lot of things the Cruze had. I took a couple of test drives and that sealed it, this was the car for me. Early December the SA told me the waiting time for the petrol Verna’s have come to just a month’s time. So I decided to wait for sometime time till I could get a better shelter for me and for the car too.

On Jan 14th I went ahead and booked a Hyundai Verna Fluidic VTVT SX(O) in Sleek Silver. The SA told me the waiting time was 6-8 weeks and I would get the car in the last week of Feb. Then began my wait to actually get the car.

Last week I got a call from Advaith and yes my car was on its way. A day later I was informed the VIN number of the vehicle that was allotted to me. After a small delay of finances from my side, I finally paid up the amount yesterday. After I finished paying and signing the papers, the SA asked me if I wanted to see the car. My heart was pounding and there she was, glistening in the sun, beneath a layer of dust.

She is getting delivered on Saturday. Yes, that’s day after tomorrow. I can hardly wait to get my hands on her, my AvalonMobile.

Last edited:
Congrats Avalon and welome to TAI!!
Do share more about yourself.
BTW have you done the pdi? Well Silver is a good looking and easy to maintain colour IMO.
And yes do capture those moments day after tomorrow and share them with us. All the best.[thumbsup]

First Of all a warm welcome to TAI Avalon and tons of conratulations for your new Verna. It is indeed a very nice car and good VFM with lot's of features. Do share some pics once you take the delivery.

Congratulations avalon !!!!!! I wish you all the best for your ride !!!!! You definately chose the right machine for yourself . How much did it cost you OTR ?

Thread Starter #7
My AvalonMobile

Well folks, took delivery of the car. It was more or less a hassle free experience. Liked the bouquet, chocolates picture etc.

The Delivery
IMG_5058.jpg

Me getting the keys and rest of the stuff
IMG_5059.JPG

Me at the dealers'
IMG_5067.jpg

Getting ready to start a wonderful journey
IMG_5065.jpg

Front view
IMG_5072.jpg

Right three quarter view
IMG_5073.jpg

Left three quarter view
IMG_5074.jpg

My Avalon Mobile is a VTVT
IMG_5076.jpg

ORVM with turn indicators
IMG_5077.jpg

Verna muscle
IMG_5078.jpg

Headlights
IMG_5079.jpg

Rear view
IMG_5081.jpg

My Avalon Mobile is a Verna Fludic
IMG_5083.jpg

Keyless entry open/close switch
IMG_5084.jpg

Centre Console
IMG_5087.jpg

Engine Start/Stop Button
IMG_5088.jpg

The gear shifter
IMG_5096.jpg

Roof Maps lights and sunglass holder
IMG_5099.jpg

Rear View Camera
IMG_5101.jpg

Headlight leveller and instrument console light dimmer
IMG_5104.jpg

Steering wheel
IMG_5105.jpg

Stereo remote
IMG_5108.jpg

Key :)
IMG_5111.jpg

Over head mic
IMG_5112.jpg

Thread Starter #8
My AvalonMobile

Power Mirrors and window switches
IMG_5132.jpg

Bridgestone Tires
IMG_5114.jpg

Antenna
IMG_5115.jpg

Hyundai on the deck lid
IMG_5116.jpg

Hyundai on the nose
IMG_5118.jpg

The fog lamps
IMG_5120.jpg

Top view
IMG_5121.jpg

Front view with lights
IMG_5125.jpg

ORVM Blinkers
IMG_5129.jpg

Thread Starter #9
When I took delivery the car had run only 6Kms. So far have driven only abt 20Kms and I find the braking strong. Dont want to comment on the handling etc too soon.

The car is very very silent when idling and even upto 1800rpm the engine is hardly audible.
Like the easy bluetooth paring of cell phones and the clarity of the conversation for both parties.

The only accessory so far is the sunfilm, 3M CS35 for Rs.4600.

Will post some more pics and reviews as I drive. :)

Cheers !

Last edited:
Wow your car looks amazing buddy. Congratulations once more on your new acquisition and i just love the chrome all over. The interior and the exterior both has good amount of chrome and looks elegant.

Congrats avalon.Nice color of the car.Another satisfied customer of Verna.The exterior of the car looks the best.One of the best looking sedans in India.Wish you a happy and safe driving.

Firstly a very warm welcome to TAI. Enjoy your stay with us.

And congrats for your Verna its looks really nice in silver.

Wishing you miles of happiness with your car.

Top Bottom