Tata Aria Pleasure 4X4 a.k.a. The Chronicals of Saphira (Completed 51000 Kms)

Thread Starter #1
Hi all

This is a story of a dream, hard work, aspiration, fate, twists and destiny.

This is a story of my ARIA my SAPHIRA in Pearl White AVATAR.

This is just a small introduction of the story

This is just the begining, watch this space for the entire saga
Hereinafter known as 'The Chronicals of Saphira'.....

Re: Tata Aria Pleasure 4X4 a.k.a. The Chronicals of Saphira

Congratulations on acquiring a superb car/UV/cross-over.May your car serve you well for ages,AMEN!

And yes we are still waiting for the full story and plenty of pics of your wonderful beast "Saphira", The X-over says , "Just bring it".[:)]

Congratulations for the new car and waiting for the pics..[:)]

@ tornado 78 ,please enlighten us, why U chosen the name' Safira'

Also I will be happy to know about etymology of the usename' tornado 78'

I know running-in period is pain for4 x4, onwner, so all sympathy with you.

Thread Starter #5

Iam very much busy in office work, hence could not post detailed review, but to compensate iam putting the initial observation and driving experience of first 500kms.

Vehicle Details: Tata Aria 4x4 Pearl White Pleasure
Kms on ODO: 550+ kms
Fuel Consumption: Around 12 kmpl, Best 14.5 kmpl and worst 11 kmpl (as per MID)

Driving Observations: It is BIG, yes the car is HUGE, even if you park it alongside Winger this looks bigger than winger apart from the height. Vehicle stance is very good, it is imposing.
Interiors: Thats the main reason i have bought this car over XUV. Its so europian and ageless that one just fall in love daily with the car's interior. Seats are as usual comfortable and big and nice supportive back and under thigh support.

Drive: DO i need to mention that iam still smiling while writing this post is just because of the sheer pleasure of driving. As people are stalling the car and not been able to take off from stand still. Well what to say about all these things.

First about Stalling: I did stall the car thrice, first time i was trying to take off the car in THIRD GEAR, second time i was trying to take off in Second and third time it was in first gear but i manage to stall the car dont know how.

Thread Starter #6

Sorry TAI MEMBERS,

Iam very much busy in office work, hence could not post detailed review, but to compensate iam putting the initial observation and driving experience of first 500kms.

Vehicle Details: Tata Aria 4x4 Pearl White Pleasure
Kms on ODO: 580+ kms
Fuel Consumption: Around 12 kmpl, Best 14.5 kmpl and worst 11 kmpl (as per MID)

Driving Observations: It is BIG, yes the car is HUGE, even if you park it alongside Winger this looks bigger than winger apart from the height. Vehicle stance is very good, it is imposing.
Interiors: Thats the main reason i have bought this car over XUV. Its so europian and ageless that one just fall in love daily with the car's interior. Seats are as usual comfortable and big and nice supportive back and under thigh support.

Drive: DO i need to mention that iam still smiling while writing this post is just because of the sheer pleasure of driving. As people are stalling the car and not been able to take off from stand still. Well what to say about all these things.

First about Stalling: I did stall the car thrice, first time i was trying to take off the car in THIRD GEAR, second time i was trying to take off in Second and third time it was in first gear but i manage to stall the car dont know how.

Second Driving Pleasure: Yes iam calling driving Aria as pleasure becuase it starts from stand still without any hassle (one should know how to operate diesel vehicle clutch), shifting from second comes much earlier than your thoughts and you can drive all day long in traffic jams or heavy traffic in second or third gear.

Sound and vibrations: Diesel engine sound can be hear easily after a cold morning start BUT once it warms up it is barely audible. Engine sound is present in the vehicle from 50kmph onwards or after 2000 rpm (may be turbo sound). Vibrations are very low compared to diesel engines of other manufactures like Mahindra, VW, Skoda. BUT you can easily feel vibrations when starting and stopping the engine (due to aluminium and rubber mounts).

ICE: ICE is very good for normal+ sound effects, though i do miss the real thump produce by my JBL in Indigo (may be they were installed on parcel tray and due to boot it sounds yummiieee. I might go for additional speaker of JBL after second service (3 months). USB slot is too good, media people were cribbing about its usage when glass holder are out, BUT i say TATA have done the right thing by providing slot for micro USB Drive (future proof or may be in europe people are using those kind of drives more than their longer versions). AUX port is fine.

Front Row Comfort: Its just awesome, seats are very supportive. Back, lower back, under thigh and usability of Arm rest is too good. No other vehicle has this much comfortable seatings, not even Safari 2.2. View from driver seat is very good, seat can be adusted for height and to & fro. STEARING can be adjusted as per your driving style. Lumbar support is very good. Seat Belts can adjusted as per height of driver. Driver side door arm rest has switches for power windows and ORVM.

Passenger side seat is equally good and has lumbar support too. Chiller is nice addition to keep things KOOL in summers. Mirror with lights on Sun visior is a very good feature.

Middle Row Comfort: Although padding on Safari seat is a bit better but Aria Seats can be slide to & aft or one can perform reclining (30 degrees) actions if he is suppose to take a good nap. Middle row has 4 Ac vents and a seperate AC compressor and Fan speed module/system. Middle rows can be split fold in 60:40 format. Arm rest is functional and has cup holders.

Third Row Seats: I have not mentioned comfort here (ha ha ha ). But these seats are very good for people under 5.6" ft.. Will ask about third row seats comfort from actual users in some time. Seperate AC Vents for third row.

Boot Space: Best in Class. One can carry 4 bags in comfort without blocking the rear glass view.

Headlights: Are very functional, Low beam is very good whereas High beams are superb. Fog lamps are functional.

Wipers: Very good, front and rear both.

Centre Console: Looks Very good in daytime (black colour) and exceptional in night with backlight. I think this is one imp thing which forced me to buy this vehicle over New Safari Storme.

4X4 System: Try to use it but on plain road its useless, but i have bought this system for Slippery and hills, etc.

AC: Exceptionally good.

Ride Quality: Vehicle remain stable in pot holes and undualated surfaces. No vertical and horzontal movement (XUV still rocks horizontally). It feels planted and absorbs all the thuds and bumps.

High Speed Stability: I have driven my dragon till 100 kmph once and it was stable, More on this later.

COrnering: Is good on medium speeds as havent tried in high speeds cornering. More on this later.

I guess i have summed up all the possible points i can remember now. Will update more as i pile up more miles.

Yes I forget NIGGLES:

I have faced few niggles which are:
1.) ABS light come on: Once the vehicle was in 4x4 mode and i relaese the clutch in a jerky manner and car lunge forward and applied the brakes in emergency to protect it from the collision in a jam. Suddenly the ABS light came on and later i swicth off the vehicle and turn it on again there was no ABS light signal. Problem not appeared again.

2.) Back light of AC Panel is moody: This means it has a mood of its on as it turns off without any reason and again turn on. This doesnt happen between the ride but when you start the vehicle either it'll remian on or remain off.

3.) Driver side door sensor loose: Central locking sensor of driver side door was loose fitted but was rectified in the very next day in just 5 minutes.

4.) Vehicle Goes in Sleep Mode: This happens in today morning after i reached my office, i parked my car and later after an hour i cam eback to show the car to my senior and at that time when i try to start the car everything went to blank, no power at all. later on after 5 minutes it starter again without any fuss. Reported the problem and TML promptly arrnaged the mechanic team, but i asked them to wait as i was supposed to go out and car is starting since then without any problem. As per TML i might have started it in lock mode which send the car to go blank. Not sure thats an assumption only by TML details will be known once they'll run OBD on my visit to their WORLD FAMOUS TASS centre.

Rest is fine and i am enjoying every moment of it....

lxi.

Suspended

Nice Writeup Buddy! Congratulations on your Aria. Looks Very hunky and muscular in flesh. Do post some pics!

@ tornado 78, about sleep mode, what is the manufacturing date of battery. ?

Is there any scope for modification , for better utilisation of available space, in third row., ? if tata decides to do.

Congrats tornado78 , enjoy many miles of safe motoring, please post pics too.

That's a really nice write up buddy and do share the pics.

tornado78 congrats, nice writeup , post pics man [:)]

Thread Starter #12

@ tornado 78, about sleep mode, what is the manufacturing date of battery. ?

I have to check that out, as i also feel that the issue of going to Blank mode is due to battery. Things will be clear on first service (tommorow or on saturday). As i think that there is some loose connection in relay or some other thing which is causing this.

Is there any scope for modification , for better utilisation of available space, in third row., ? if tata decides to do.
Not sure but will check out that in detail when i'll go for seat cover fitment as that time seats will be removed.

Congrats tornado78 , enjoy many miles of safe motoring, please post pics too.
Thanks a tonn, pics will be shared soon. as i have very limited pics now. will share them today. Will go for a photo shoot after first service and fitment of seat covers.

That's a really nice write up buddy and do share the pics.
Thanks a lot.

Now few observation after completing 650+ kms:

1.) Today in morning on my way to office it has returned an average fuel consumption of 14.9kmpl. (with idling of 2 minutes and average+ traffic conditions.

2.) Did first tank up yesterday and total average was (559/42.5= 13.15 kmpl). [clap] and this is in delhi city traffic and many joy rides and hell lot of idling due to showing off features to friends. Again diesel around 500 to 600 ml went through the air vent given in the fuel filler pipe. I personally checked it and found that there is hole provided for releasing the vaccum, but when diesel is filled upto brim (hole is just below the brim) then only diesel leaked out. So will check this out on first service.

3.) Although light of low fuel indicator was on much before i filled the tank (around 30kms driving in low fuel indicator) i just managed to fill only 42 litres of fuel. I dont know how much one can drive in low fuel light. As the range kms were around 100 kms only when the light went up. If i calculate with the average and balance 18 lts of oil in tank (60-42=18lts) than total range would come to (18x13=234). I dont know how the MID computer is calculating the range.

4.) Did my first 110+ short stint today, car feels solid and brakes were also very good to bring it down to 10kmph without fuss.

5.) Yes low end torque is good but could have been better. As i drove scorpio and that feels very good at low end. This is also due to high kerb weight of 2200kgs plus). whereas scorp is just around 1800 kgs.

Note: Need you suggestion on front skirt, as i really liked the TML provided front skirt and rear spoiler.

2.) Did first tank up yesterday and total average was (559/42.5= 13.15 kmpl). [clap] and this is in delhi city traffic and many joy rides and hell lot of idling due to showing off features to friends. Again diesel around 500 to 600 ml went through the air vent given in the fuel filler pipe. I personally checked it and found that there is hole provided for releasing the vaccum, but when diesel is filled upto brim (hole is just below the brim) then only diesel leaked out. So will check this out on first service.

@tornado78 Stop filling when the auto cut out happens other than filling the tank to the brim. I think that should solve ur problem !! And the 2nd reason is Fuel volume increases as temp rises and some space should be left in ur tank for fuel to expand when the temperature rises. So auto cut out is recommended.

Happy Safira-ing !!![;)]

Last edited:

@ I too , go for the autocutoff option, rather than up to brim, otherwise fuel spills out inspite of closed lid in my manza.TASS people will say they will repair or replac e the thing., if you comlain about the spill ¡.

@tornado78, battery manufacturing date is itched on the metal button like thing near the + ve ,-ve terminals on the battery itself. And its given in the battery warranty card also.

Last edited:

Top Bottom