Bought today beeding for the front windshield & rear quarter panels & also a pair of front Combo Indicators (Type 1) all from MGP.
I am also attaching the visiting card of ESSAR (MGP Authorised dealer) so that others too can check with them for price of parts before purchasing from some other source. All these below shown parts, cost much more in other shops, half the time MGP parts are not given to you unless you insist.
I am not a 100% fan of MGP parts as such, but in certain areas, I prefer paying more for them.
Some more pictures (price is visible in it, just in case any of you are planning to buy the same part)
A note to all Type 1 M800 owners, the plug of the front indicator is almost the same as the Type 1 Alternator Plug, so in case you need this plug, now you know where to get it
The front windshield beeding/gasket started to leak in many more places resulting in the carpet getting wet & rusting. I did not start the car for a week (was held up with routine works) & then a big shock was waiting for me.
Lot of rusting & water stagnating on the floor, to my horror even the rear quarter panel beedings too gave up. However the rear windshield beeding is still intact.
So I decided to strip the car interior completely (Roof,Seats, stepney, dashboard, pillar trims etc) & then
1. Get the beedings replaced
2. Sand all the rusting areas in the interiors
3. Apply a coat of primer wherever required
4. One or two coats of paint for the floor Other To-Do's
5. Get the interiors redone like roof etc
6. DIY - Swapping pillar trims from other car (if possible)
7. Get new seats for the front - Chevy Beat type would do, not yet decided
8. Replace Handbrake lever with some other car (black handle+chrome button)
9. Replace Bumpers/ fix DIY clamps
10. Zen Type1 Dashboard instead of the current one
Most of these things will be DIY & hence will take more than a couple of weeks to do.
Stripping & the shocking rust!
The rust & dirt
Planning to remove Dashboard tomorrow, Not sure if the current blower unit will fit into the Zen dashboard. Please share pictures of any Zen dashboard's mounting points.