My First Bike - LML Graptor (2004): Now Sold

Thread Starter #1
Hello my fellow TAI'ns, i hope everyone is doing good. So guys i thought of sharing my ownership experience for my very first bike. And it was LML Graptor. I always wanted to have a bike since i came back from Hostel (Dehra Dun). But my parents didn't allow me until i passed my 12th. But i got my dad's LML Vespa though.

So here comes 2004 and i cleared my 12th and the result was out and i got a first division. So the day i got my result, my dad asked me that very day, Son what bike do you wanna buy. I was soo happy. So i had few bikes in my list and they were

1. Honda CBZ
2. Bajaj Pulsar
3. Honda Splender
4. Honda Karizma

So i went with my friends and my brother and took a TD for each one of those . And i liked Karizma because of its styling, performance, speed. But since it was bit out of the budget, it was out of my list. Since Karizma out of the list my second choice was Honda CBZ and i told my dad the same. And he told me to go ahead and get all the information about the bike including the prices, discounts etc. So the next day i went to the dealer with my best buddy (Naveen) and took another TD and then got all the necessary information. But i was bit unsatisfied about something inside. And i had no idea what was that about.

So while going back to my home i saw a black bike at the LML Dealership and i thought of stopping by and see what was it. So when i came close and that Black Bike was looking really awesome with the new looks, my heart just fell for it. Yes it was the Graptor. So we both went inside the dealership and went to SA. The guy gave me all the info about the bike and the best part was that it was 150 CC and cheaper then the CBZ and also i could take the delivery in a day or 2. So i took all the information and went back. Told my dad about this bike and that i wanted to go for it. My dad told me to go ahead and book it. The very next day i went to dealer paid him Rs 5000/- and booked my bike in Black color. And the dealer told me that after 2 days my bike will be delivered.

So on the date of delivery my dealer called me early morning around 10:00 AM[:D] and told me that my bike was ready and i can come take the delivery. I just ran to the bathroom, got ready in 20 mins and off i go with my dad. We reached the dealership and my bike was standing right by the door shining in BLACK. My dad gave them the check for the remaining amount and we completed all the formalities within next 30-40 mins.

I took my bike and went to a Mandir with my dad and brother. My dad and mom liked the bike as well.

The Technical Description:
Engine Layout: Single Cylinder, Four stroke
Displacement: 150.8 CC
Maximum Power: 13.45bhp@8000rpm
Transmission: Manual 5 Speed
Acceleration: 0-60 in 6 secs.
Fuel Economy: 43 kpl. My personal best 58 Kpl[:)]

I liked the bike because of its look, which was different from CBZ and Pulsar and these two bikes were very popular that time and therefore very common. So i wanted something different. Also i liked the Blue speedometer light and the overall looks of the bike.

What i didn't like about the bike was that it had a thin rear tire and that the bike was lower from the back.

Modifications done: 1. Got my rear shockers raised a bit
2. Got a bit wider tire
3. Got my handle changed to a shorter one
4. And replaced my silencer with an after market one.
5. Last not the least the bike was discontinued.

I love my bike and still it is running and have not given us any major trouble. Now my brother is using it. This June it will complete 8 wonderful years. I took my bike to Pune and drove it there for around 1 year. but had to bring it back since it was UP registered. Every Single cop used to pull me over and i had to pay something just because it had a UP number.[frustration]

My longest drive on my Bike was Delhi to Moradabad (150 kms).

Attachments

I remember riding the Graptor once. Rode it during the night. Good bike but quality of aggregates was pathetic. And the best part was it's fantastically lit instrument cluster. Till date, I have not seen any other Indian budget bike with an instrument cluster that looks so good when lit. Mind posting a snap of the instrument cluster in the night - I'm sure members here would love it !

By the way, nice handle bars you've go there - almost look like clip ons- I just hope the welds are strong enough. I would love to see the riding stance with these handlebars on - could you please post a picture of the bike with a rider holding it's handlebars?

Remembered Graptor after I bought my first bike Ambition.The style was different from that generation Pulsar and CBZ.Side profile was the best to look.This was the bike that could have saved LML.

Thread Starter #4
I remember riding the Graptor once. Rode it during the night. Good bike but quality of aggregates was pathetic. And the best part was it's fantastically lit instrument cluster. Till date, I have not seen any other Indian budget bike with an instrument cluster that looks so good when lit. Mind posting a snap of the instrument cluster in the night - I'm sure members here would love it !

By the way, nice handle bars you've go there - almost look like clip ons- I just hope the welds are strong enough. I would love to see the riding stance with these handlebars on - could you please post a picture of the bike with a rider holding it's handlebars?
You are right buddy i haven't seen that kind of instrument cluster in any bike either, which falls under the same budget. And that as one of the reasons i got this bike.
Actually i am in US bro but i will tell my brother to click some snaps during night and as soon as i get them i will post them.

And regarding the Handle bars, they are really strong as they have been there for almost 6 years now.[:)]

Remembered Graptor after I bought my first bike Ambition.The style was different from that generation Pulsar and CBZ.Side profile was the best to look.This was the bike that could have saved LML.
Yes when this bike hit the market it had a very different design and instrument cluster which made this bike look different from the other bikes in that range.

Thread Starter #5

Hey Sam here are the pictures with the rider holding the handle and the instrument cluster at night.

Attachments

Singh890 though I am seeing the Graptor for the first time,it is good The blue lit speedo is looking good.If it has served you well for 8 long years then it is a good bike[clap].

What was the price of the bike when you purchased.

Thread Starter #8
How to you manage spares? This bike was based on the LML Adreno & Energy. Both were Daelim bikes from Korea.
Yes P3T3R spares is something which are hard to get everywhere or say easily for this bike. But since Merrut is not far from my place and i have many of my relatives there, so we keep going there and can get the parts from merrut.
But so far i only needed a chain spocket, besides that everything is original except the rear tire, silencer and the handle.

Singh890 though I am seeing the Graptor for the first time,it is good The blue lit speedo is looking good.If it has served you well for 8 long years then it is a good bike[clap].

What was the price of the bike when you purchased.
Yes it is a very good bike as it has been serving me for almost 8 years now and without any major problem. And the price that i paid for this bike was about 45000 rupees.

Hey Sam here are the pictures with the rider holding the handle and the instrument cluster at night.
Thanks. Feels nice to see the beautiful blue lit instrument cluster again. The riding stance also looks sports with those handle bars.

Just an advice, if you have the original silencer, please refit it. Since engine spares would be hard to come by, the fitment of the original silencer would increase the life of your engine.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks. Feels nice to see the beautiful blue lit instrument cluster again. The riding stance also looks sports with those handle bars.

Just an advice, if you have the original silencer, please refit it. Since engine spares would be hard to come by, the fitment of the original silencer would increase the life of your engine.
I too love that Blue lit Instrumental Cluster bro. It's just awesome and different.

You are right buddy but my original silencer was damaged by another bike so that's the reason i got it changed.

Hey singh890,

Very nice to read about and see your bike. I also have a 2004 well maintained Silver Graptor. Its one helluva bike. The only problem is with spares. I need an accelerator cable for my Graptor. Could you please suggest any shop or dealer where i can get this cable or similar duplicates in Meerut, Delhi, Noida.

Thread Starter #12
Hey singh890,

Very nice to read about and see your bike. I also have a 2004 well maintained Silver Graptor. Its one helluva bike. The only problem is with spares. I need an accelerator cable for my Graptor. Could you please suggest any shop or dealer where i can get this cable or similar duplicates in Meerut, Delhi, Noida.
Thanks buddy and yes it is a nice bike. You can definitely get that in Meerut. I will ask my brother and let you know. Since i am in US for last 4years. my brother drives it and we have a guy who bring spare parts for our bike.
Will ask my brother and let you know.

Thread Starter #13
After 8 and a half years of ownership, we sold our Graptor yesterday. Though i didn't wanted to sell it but due the unavailability of the parts i had to make this tough decision. Since it was my first love, my first bike. I never had any major problems with the bike but recently it started giving us few problems, and we might had to replace some parts.
And since the parts are not available in the market, we thought of selling our bike. Otherwise the bike was wonderful, very good FE and i will certainly miss the Blue lighted instrument cluster. [sad]
So now let's see who's gonna fil that place in our garage[:)]

Top Bottom