Ford Figo - TDCI (Diesel) - Titanium

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends, welcome me to theautomotiveindia.com [:)]

Well, this is my first ever post and I want full support from other members.

I have recently bought a used Ford Figo Diesel Red color (see attached pictures). It looks really good along with the dark-black combination.

Original owner was in love with this car and added expensive alloy and other accessories. When I got the car it was 9000k run and was in excellent condition. I think I just got lucky to get this car.

This beauty is giving me about 16.5kmpl and goes upto 150kmph on Hyderabad outer ring road without any crying noice.

This car was missing a the USB receiver and when I inquired from ASS they quoted me Rs.1800 which was of course expensive so, I made my own cable looking at the online forums (long live helpful forums) (i can post pictures if anyone interested).

Things were good so far, but I noticed that this car does not suit my wife and mom. They get vomit sensation even when I drive for mere 7 kilometers in city or highway. I tried all combinations to solve this problem (like chewing-gum in mouth, candies, nice smelling perfume, no-AC, only-AC etc…) no combinations are working. I see my daughter is also getting symptoms of vomit sometimes. Taking medications before driving every time is of course not a solution.

The car is awesome for me but not for my family. I don’t want to get away with this car. I was hoping that you biggies can help me avoid this situation.

At this point of time, my wife is already scared of sitting in car. Help welcome.

Attachments

Soni, Welcome to The Automotive India. Must say your Figo looks super cool. Mind sharing the info on the purchase cost.

Hello Friends, welcome me to theautomotiveindia.com [:)]

Well, this is my first ever post and I want full support from other members.

I have recently bought a used Ford Figo Diesel Red color (see attached pictures). It looks really good along with the dark-black combination.

Original owner was in love with this car and added expensive alloy and other accessories. When I got the car it was 9000k run and was in excellent condition. I think I just got lucky to get this car.

This beauty is giving me about 16.5kmpl and goes upto 150kmph on Hyderabad outer ring road without any crying noice.

This car was missing a the USB receiver and when I inquired from ASS they quoted me Rs.1800 which was of course expensive so, I made my own cable looking at the online forums (long live helpful forums) (i can post pictures if anyone interested).

Things were good so far, but I noticed that this car does not suit my wife and mom. They get vomit sensation even when I drive for mere 7 kilometers in city or highway. I tried all combinations to solve this problem (like chewing-gum in mouth, candies, nice smelling perfume, no-AC, only-AC etc…) no combinations are working. I see my daughter is also getting symptoms of vomit sometimes. Taking medications before driving every time is of course not a solution.

The car is awesome for me but not for my family. I don’t want to get away with this car. I was hoping that you biggies can help me avoid this situation.

At this point of time, my wife is already scared of sitting in car. Help welcome.
It has some thing to do with soft suspension and to some extent travel sickness. I have come across many people who get this kind of sickness while travelling in cars even if the car is fresh.

I've heard people saying that if we tie a small chain somewhere under the body. When the chain brushes against the road, there will be no vomiting sensation for the occupants. This is normally said for ghat roads.

Vomiting sensation is due to loads of reasons, and if you do have vomiting, that means you have travel sickness.

Now coming back to sensation part, 2-3 things which come to my mind:
1. How is the ride on the alloy+wheel combination? Is it too rough or soft?
2. Those tints look too dark to me. How much visible light is filtered in? Sense of claustrophobia also sometimes causes this issue.
3. Is there any fume seeping inside the cabin? Have you got it checked from a 3rd person. You might not notice it, but may be someone else does.
4. What is the color of interiors? if all black, try using light colored fabric!

Welcome aboard Soni. Nice looking Figo in black and red combo. Congratulations for that, please share at what price you bought it !

Vomiting or vomiting sensation is primarily due to engine humming noise and vibration. Which you will find in all diesel cars (in some it would be less and in some it would high). It is nothing to do with the amount of travel you have completed or travel sickness. Some people find it difficult to adjust to this vibration cum humming.

Have you heard, people having sea sickness ? It is nothing but constant movement. Have your family members report this after having food ? If yes, then nothing can be done. Or you have to search a little to avoid such situations. Try giving them orange candies or something with lime. I do not have any scientific reason to support my suggestion but few people find it better to have citrus items to over come the situation.

All the best.

Last edited:
Congrats for your ride soni,The red hot figo is awesome with awesome blackened alloys and dark tints.

Coming to the nauseousness dilemma, you should first get rid of car perfumes and any kind of hard smell inside the car.To overcome this clean your car inside out every week and drive sometime without switching on the air conditioner,if at all you need an air con keep it in reticulated mode;this helps in blowing the outside air.

Hi Soni,
Did you put new rubber mats?. Because some rubber mats emit chemical smell which might induce vomit sensation. My sister faced this issue with our Scorpio and changing the rubber mat resolved the issue..
Good Luck Friend..
Thanks,
Bala

Welcome to TAI & Figo Family... My comments are inline (BOLD).

Guess, you must have got a good deal. She looks daring.

Decent figure. The key of getting best from Figo is sedate driving.

I guess, you had already tried all possible ideas which anyone would suggest here. [;)] However, I would want to say, this alergy or travel sickness may differ from one to other. Even, my mom used to have this issue earlier, but never have experienced in my car (Figo).

Another point can be the driving style too. Not meant to comment on your's, just a thought.
2. Those tints look too dark to me. How much visible light is filtered in? Sense of claustrophobia also sometimes causes this issue.

I second Thetraveller on this point. As it looks quite dark, that may create claustrophobic sensation, despite that Figo has the best in class window size.
Lastly, it is also possible that it can silently disappear in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Wow, I am so surprised to find such a good friends at theautomotiveindia.com

Here is my attempt to respond to everyone:

Welcome to TAI and congrats for your new car buddy[clap]
Thank you @singh890.

Soni, Welcome to The Automotive India. Must say your Figo looks super cool. Mind sharing the info on the purchase cost.

It has some thing to do with soft suspension and to some extent travel sickness. I have come across many people who get this kind of sickness while travelling in cars even if the car is fresh.
Sure @Akash, no reason to hide from friends. I got this for 5.80lac. Top-End model, excellent condition. As i said, I got lucky to get this car.

Reg Travel Sickness - My wife was okay in older Santro, the vomit problem is only with Figo. Not sure why (Diesel Fuel??.. More vibration than Petrol??... can't figure it out yet)

I've heard people saying that if we tie a small chain somewhere under the body. When the chain brushes against the road, there will be no vomiting sensation for the occupants. This is normally said for ghat roads.
@Crazy cat - Really a crazy idea, I can't do that to Figo. Nahee tho waat lag jayaegee [;)]

Use minimal AC all the time and check. what is tire size ?
@Surfer - Your suggestion is in context of Vomit problem? If yes, then i did try with/without AC but no luck so far.

Vomiting sensation is due to loads of reasons, and if you do have vomiting, that means you have travel sickness.

Now coming back to sensation part, 2-3 things which come to my mind:
1. How is the ride on the alloy+wheel combination? Is it too rough or soft?
3. Is there any fume seeping inside the cabin? Have you got it checked from a 3rd person. You might not notice it, but may be someone else does.
4. What is the color of interiors? if all black, try using light colored fabric!
Thanks @Thetraveller. Got a question. Why travelling sickness only with Figo and not with any other car [frustration].

Here are answers to your questions/comments.
A1. Ride is soft, never felt a heavy vehicle. When I had my cousin drive it (who has Honda City) said my car appears heavy to him.
A2. I tried travelling with and without windshield on and off but no luck.
A3. Trust me, the fume seeping was the first thing I checked. But it is all negative.
A4. Color of interiors - Yes, you are right, all are black. I will try using white one and see. I like this idea actually.

Welcome aboard Soni. Nice looking Figo in black and red combo. Congratulations for that, please share at what price you bought it !

Vomiting or vomiting sensation is primarily due to engine humming noise and vibration. Which you will find in all diesel cars (in some it would be less and in some it would high). It is nothing to do with the amount of travel you have completed or travel sickness. Some people find it difficult to adjust to this vibration cum humming.

Have you heard, people having sea sickness ? It is nothing but constant movement. Have your family members report this after having food ? If yes, then nothing can be done. Or you have to search a little to avoid such situations. Try giving them orange candies or something with lime. I do not have any scientific reason to support my suggestion but few people find it better to have citrus items to over come the situation.

All the best.

Thank you @shailinder - I bought it for 5.80lac. I will try out your suggestion.

Hello Soni welcome to TAI , your Figo looks smoking hot and you have got a good deal!

Regarding travel sickness i haven't come across a situation like this , maybe our members can help you out.

The travel sickness can be due to harsh ride quality (read bouncy ride at the back).
You might not notice it driving at the front.
Just try experimenting.
Try sedate driving.
One month with a chauffeur.
Sitting at the back while driving.
Maybe giving your wife the driving wheel once in a while.

Well I had a similar problem when i was young with one of our cars,my dad had got Stanley Leather seats for the Opel Astra i am assuming the seat covers are the source of your families problem not travel sickness or anything it must be the mild odour !!!!

Thread Starter #15
Well I had a similar problem when i was young with one of our cars,my dad had got Stanley Leather seats for the Opel Astra i am assuming the seat covers are the source of your families problem not travel sickness or anything it must be the mild odour !!!!
Thank @Prads, I have similar suggestions from friends in same forum topic. Currently I have leather seat cover and as you said it may be problem. I am going to take leather cover out and see if we still have issues.

Top Bottom