. This is a discussion on Tata Manza QJD 80,000 Kms Ownership Review (Finally, Clutch Issue Resolved) within Ownership Reviews. Part of The Automotive Reviews category; Gifted following things to my car on 1st anniversary.
New i-pop power steering knob
New pedal cover set- momo , ...
Gifted following things to my car on 1st anniversary.
New i-pop power steering knob
New pedal cover set- momo , as old one had started wearing off.
Tried to post pics , but not possible , do not know if it is the problem with my android ACE.or anything else.But will do it ASAP.
The issues to be addressed at the time of next serving are
1) engine vibrations at the time of switch off.
2) lubrication of various joints eg.door, boot bonnet, I am sure TASS men have omitted it whenever it was advisable.
Last edited by Tornado; 9th January 2013 at 09:06 PM.
I do not like thin sticker type wood finish, they look cheap IMO.
I have posted photographs of door fabric inserts.Being vanila beige , they become dirty within no time .First I thought to remove them and get leather inserted there.But stanley man declined to do so.
Now is it possible to replace it with wood finish? If yes , suggest the color which can complement the background.
Originally Posted by visran
my advise is to restrain yourself from getting an aftermarket fake wooden treatment for the interior.
Yes visran , I have decided to go for leather for door fabric inserts.Yesterday I had gone to
3 M workshop cum showroom to enquire about interior cleaning, also asked about inserts, they referred me to Raju's Grace cushion .
He showed me various colors(pic 2,3,4,5} , I chose black perforated leather.(cost 3500 inr for four doors)
He removed the door panels , while removing he broke few hooks of panels (second last pic)I took the car with me to home .And WIP at his shop.
Today , I have taken pics of WIP.
Last edited by Tornado; 15th January 2013 at 11:25 AM.
Reason: Add info
Pics after completion of work .Last pic shows the solution used as adhesive manufactured at Daman UT (Autosafari 's city)
One door swith panel is little loose , but no rattles at all.
Now black plastic panels seriously require polish , will get it done after my 3m study is complete on TAI.
One problem I found with momo pedals is that the glistening part rubs with hard sole of some of my foot wears leading to irritating noise, I hope it vanishes with time.
Now car is about to complete 30kkm , and needs servicing.I will try to do it at newly opened COCO Concord, Pune-Banglore bypass highway.
Following are the issues to be addressed along with routine servicing.
1) Lubrication of the door joints .Ideally it needs to be done during every servicing , but I am sure NAW Tass has never done it as all other joints including door joints are looking dried up.
2) The fuel inlet cap seems to be suffering from minor leakage due to hardening of the gasket.
3) Right rear door lock knob has gone kaput , courtesy probably , the door leather insert fitment work.
4) mild underdash rattles on undulated road .
5) Under body check as once in Mumbai underbody scraped a manhole cap on a dugup road with 7 adults and 3 children on board.
Last edited by Tornado; 27th January 2013 at 11:45 PM.
6) clutter sound from the middle ac vent when fan is on.
7) bundle of wires underneath the dash falling on the pedals and intermingling with the pedals.
Today I received a call from NAW TASS for servicing reminder, must be part of 6 monthly enquiry..I agreed for tomorrow morning as visit to Concorde Pune seems to be impossible.
Then I realised that the insurance renewal docs have not yet received hence called up the dealership , tThey gave 3 answers within half hr1) They have been sent by courier 2) we are searching them 3) they would be sent to me tomorrow.
I felt lucky for getting all 3 answers on the same day, otherwise they take 1 to 2 weeks to give these answers.