My Sonata Transform (U.S Spec): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Yes Cooldhaya i would love to share my ownership experience for the Sonata Transform. But the only difference is that i own this one in US.

So there is a story behind this. I had a Mitsubishi Gallant (similar to Lancer) and one day it had some problem with the gear box. so i took it to a mechanic (was from Pakistan) used to go there often. So he was busy and told me to leave the car and that he will call me in a while and let me know what is the problem. so i left my car and went to Mcd with my cousin and after 25 mins got a call and the guy says "Sir your car has been into an accident". We just ran to his workshop and what i see is that my first car " has dents on the front side, side mirror is gone, the hood is half bent, the front bumper is gone and the windshield has 3-4 major cracks.

I was SHOCKED to see the condition of my car[surprise]. I mean i have no words to describe that moment. Half an Hour ago the my car was in One piece and after 30 minutes it's al gone. So i asked him what happened. So this is what the guy tells me "Sir we were working on your car, checking the engine and the car just started "BY" itself and rammed the vehicle in front of it on the lift". I was like are you serious or do you think that i am the most dumb person on this planet. I had to call the cops and file a report against him beacsue he was not willing to pay for the damage, But thank god we have something called as LAW which helped me and i got the money from that mechanic. And just to add to it, I was a student at that time and bought that car from my pocket money and savings and was my first car.

So after this incident i had to buy another car and then i got my Sonata in 2009 Nov. It is a 2007 Sonata which is known as Sonata Transform in India. It has a V6 engine, 17 inch with alloys and sunroof, Beige Colour. I really like this car, it is very comfortable, powerful engine, spacious, large trunck space, good car for long drives and so far i have no major issues with the car or shall i say none except one. And that was when i bought this car, after 2 months, somehow my paddle positioning sensor went bad and had to replace that. The sensor itself was only for $45 but it costed me $250 as the labor here is $100 an hour. YES that's expensive. But besides that no problems. Just get my oil change at every 3000-3500 miles and this car will take you where ever you want to go and as fast as you want to go.

I drive a lot. I did my Virginia - Minneapolis by this very car. The overall distance was 1100 miles/ 1770 kms. And i did that in just 16 hours. I drove non-stop, as i was alone and had to reach minneapolis for my new job[clap]. Just stopped for fuel and used to eat and take food/water/snacks for my remaining journey. i stopped 3 times for fuel. My top speed was 130mph that is 209km/ph. One of the best part about this car is its stability, it is really stable, looks like that it is attached to the road even at 100mph/ 160km/hr.
I love my car, its drive and the mileage it gives comapring to other sedans in this class. gives about 24 in city and around 30 on highway (This is miles per gallon)
Will post pictures in a while, running late for a meeting.

Last edited:
Re: Introduction - Road Trip's

Hello Inder and a very warm welcome to TAI. Waiting for your travelogue. No cruise control on Indian roads ! All the best and enjoy your stay here!

Welcome Bubby,

Your sonata looks cool & Your T'louge was interesting..

Expecting more T'louge from U [;)]

Have a pleasant stay at TAI :)

350Z

Core Team

Here are few pics for my 07 Hyundai Sonata SE..V6
This model was sold as Sonata Embera in India. And aah, V6? It must be a hoot to drive.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Re: My Sonata "Transform": Ownership Review

Congratulations bro your car is looking cool! I am liking that shade on your car.

Did your car start up after being covered with that much snow? How did you take out your car in first place?

Do keep updating this thread with your review and more pictures.

Thread Starter #8
Congratulations bro your car is looking cool! I am liking that shade on your car.

Did your car start up after being covered with that much snow? How did you take out your car in first place?

Thanks Buddy[:)]. yes my car did start the very first time when i could reach her after a day it stopped snowing. We had a really bad Snow Strom that year in December. The day it stopped i couldn't even see my car. It was all covered with snow. It took me around 30-40 minutes to clean the snow and just to reverse my car.

And i couldn't take my car out until the snow trucks came and cleared our roads and took the snow away. They literally had to take snow in big dump trucks because there was no space left. The snow accumulation was near about 45-48 inches[frustration]. It was even hard for some of the 4x4 SUV's to go out. Only the big SUV's survived.

This model was sold as Sonata Embera in India. And aah, V6? It must be a hoot to drive.
Yes driving the V6 is soooo awesome. Even if you are at 100mph and you press the acceleration paddle, it keeps going on, which is the best part about this car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9

Just came across these pics buddy, thought of sharing them with everyone. These were taken when we were trying to clean our cars and make a path for them to get out.

Attachments

Nice pictures there bro , it must be a delight driving the Sonata on such good roads.

BTW how is the high speed stability of the car? I think it must be good because you must be driving in flat beds there. Here in India Hyundai is criticized for their soft suspension which spoils the driving fun at high speeds.

Thread Starter #12

Yes Bro, it is really so much fun to drive on these kinds of roads and the stability of this car is really wonderful, i can easily change lanes even at 100mph/ 160 km/h.
one of the reasons behind the wonderful stability for my car is the tire size. i have P225/50/R17. which is a good size for this vehicle.
And the new sonata has an 18 inch[:)].

Welcome to TAI. Actually this car was known as the Sonata Embera in India. Later they modified the grill and called it the Transform.

Wow, I envy you buddy! Getting a chance to drive on such roads must be an experience in itself [:)]
I had the best driving experience in UK, where I covered the length and breadth of the country which is not big btw, over a period of 2 years. And I can tell you that driving was an altogether different experience than putting my swift to places on those Delhi ring road!

Thread Starter #15

Wow, I envy you buddy! Getting a chance to drive on such roads must be an experience in itself [:)]
I had the best driving experience in UK, where I covered the length and breadth of the country which is not big btw, over a period of 2 years. And I can tell you that driving was an altogether different experience than putting my swift to places on those Delhi ring road!
Hahahaha. I know bro, i feel the difference too. driving in India and back here in US. But sometimes driving here becomes boring. because you don't have to change gears, you don't see people crossing the road or a truck coming a wrong way[;)]. so you just keep driving. Whereas in India it's totally different story. But i love driving both places equally.
Both have their pros and cons.

Top Bottom