Got a chance to check the new Fluidic Elantra yesterday. The car is just awesome. I didnt get a change to test drive the car as the TD car was not yet available. But seeing the car, I feel Hyundai has another winner!
Few things that I noticed:
1. The Build quality is very good. This first thing I check was the quality of the bumper and it is better than the Verna!
2. Needless to say about the look of the car - it looks stunning.
3. The interiors are fabulous. I feel the steering wheel is a little too much loaded with buttons and guess it will take time to get used to the buttons.
4. Hyundai has loaded the car with features. Even the base version gets dual airbags, alloy wheels, ventilated seats, reverse sensors, reverse camera, Push start, steering mounted controls, rear AC vents, rear seat arm rest mounted with audio controls etc etc.
5. The steering has telescopic adjustment.
6. The rear seat gives excellent comfort - much better than Verna but misses on ventilation. Only the front seats are ventilated. Also, the rear seat is better for 2. The middle seat is very bad with the rear AC vents spoiling the leg room and the arm rest spoiling the back rest. Also the rear seats have just 2 head rests unlike the Verna that has 3.
7. The car has 4 years / 100000 km warranty.
8. The car is priced similar to the likes of Cruze, Altis and guess it undercuts the Jetta and Laura. Overall, the car is surely a VFM
Waiting for the official TAI