The Beast Comes Home: Mahindra Scorpio SLE M-Hawk

Thread Starter #1
this is my first review of sorts.

so pardon me for any mistakes that may happen during this review.

let me give you a background of how we came to buying the scorpio.

as mentioned earlier we had an M & M Armada which was bought in the year 1994.

those times dad wanted a diesel because it was dirt cheap compared to a petrol.

if i remember diesel then used to cost 8 Rs to petrol which was 27 Rs to a litre.

armada was recently launched and it was a no brainer for dad.

were using it like a family member since then.

its been to all kind of roads (existent and non existent) . it went about doing its business without any complaints.

but with time some issues came cropping up in it.

so dad thought of now upgrading to a new car.

my height is plus 6 ft so small cars were a no no.

thought about the maruti SX4 but the price they were asking was a bit too high i felt.

never liked the swift in the first place and the dzire made me go two steps back of it.

looked for the sedans but those we liked (VW vento) were a bit stretching our budget.

in hatches the only on interesting my dad and me was the hyundai I20.

read some reviews and came to know about the ineffective AC and the steering problems

with all price consideration we head out to check withi the xylo and the scorpio.

to be continued later.

Re: the Beast comes home M & M Scorpio SLE Mhawk

Congrats Superbad(not literally:biggrin:)for the mighty muscular Scorpio,so where are the pics of the beauty doing her duty??

Thread Starter #5

Without pics there would be no compliments... :-P
thank you for the accolades :tongue:

actually was looking for a decent pic to do justice to the beauty.

in the meanwhile pardon me for the picture quality. will post decent pics as soon as i get a decent camera

picture of the beauty in my building compound [:D] with yours truly in front :tongue:

Last edited:

Congrats my dear friend. You got a nice selection with white. [cheers]
Please post regarding the extra fittings and their pics. [thumbsup]

Congrats and Welcome to the Scorpion's Club. Do share with us your first drive experience, dealer and buying experience and keep sharing the pics.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the beast !! Its amazing piece of machinery with a power of aggressive horses !! So be careful and responsible on the road. Enjoy the ride..

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Do continue your experience. I like your way of writing, crisp [:)]

And pls post some internal pics!!

Thread Starter #9

Congrats my dear friend. You got a nice selection with white. [cheers]
Please post regarding the extra fittings and their pics. [thumbsup]
as of now No extra fittings are done except the mud matts.
I have started another thread with regards to external accessories namely films, ICE.

Part 2:
find the dealership.
Had seen one in prabhadevi G3 motors during one of my visits to the siddhivinayak temple.
So went there one find morning only to find that it has shifted to malad.
Googled their address for malad showroom. Got the address.
Found out the address.
Only to find that recently they have limited that space only to the workshop and the showroom is shifted to kandivali.

So next day went in to the showroom.
Found out that the showroom has all the queries related to only one car the XUV .
Thought since there is a lot of demand for other car maybe i can squeeze a bit more discount on the scorpio or the xylo.
Got their price list.
Inquired about the LX version and the xylos.
Read a lot of reviews of the sensors in vlx failing so i thought better get a barebone mhawk and put a bit of bling later.
In the meanwhile started to read about the xylo and found that the higher CGI may increase the chances of it going turtle.

Also dad mentioned that he does not need a fully comfortable 3rd row since in our native place our car may then become a freeloaders paradise with more people trying to cramm inside the car.

We had a ten seater armada and have seen it Carry 15 to 16 people at a time.
Cannot say No to them as those people then feel insulted for some reason.

So the LX was being getting more inclined to.

Had a test drive and the liking to scorpio increased to no end.
The torque in the 3rd gear is so enjoyable. [:D]
the clutch so smooth.

then came the news which shook the decision against the scorpio.
The LX does not have white colour as an option.

Continued later.

Congrats for the Scorpio.Share some more of your experience with your SUV.Do add some pictures of the car.

Thread Starter #12
part 3 :

having been to G3 motors checked out Avis motors @ sakinaka.

went in to check out the xylo/ scorpio.

the SE was in disinterested mood.

atfirst didnt knew why would someone do that. :confused:

got down to ask for discounts and then he said that the allotment for all scorpios given to them for the december quota has been alloted.

absolutely no scorpios available :surprised:

just one silver SLE was available that too priced by some 600 bucks more than G3 motors.

the SE said you wont get any discounts since the cars allotted to you even if you book it now will be from the Jan 2012 batch and the pricing then will be higher with no more discounts.

i felt wise to get out of the showroom and then called G3 motors.

asked for the variants available with them and the colors.

he replied that he only had 3 scorpios in dec '11 batch (2 black and one white)

without further odo booked the diamond white SLE.

told them that delivery should be on the auspicious day of magh chaturthi i.e 26 th jan 2012 and i want the 2011 pricing.

we had already stretched our budget a bit far from the Lx to SLE and didnt want to increase it further with the additional taxation on diesel vehicles looming for the next budget.

the SE @ G3 motors was courteous enough and was suggesting me an SLe from the beginning.

got to know about the NCB bonus thing on TAI and would like to mention an additional thanks whenever we get the NCB refund.

something the SE mentioned.

1) car once alloted tyres cannot be changed upon request. (we got the JK elanzo) [:(]

2) NCB can transferred to another only when you have done your outright transfer to your old car before applying for the new car insurance.

checked it around with different insurance companies who said it was not a problem with them.

3) insurance for a scorpio turned to be risky job not many comapnies come forward to insure the scorpio.

ICICI- least interested

TATA AIG :high premium

bajaj allianz : high premium and the sales guy also said because of large thefts on scorpios no cashless insurance :confused:

HDFC ERGO : the sales was good and courteous. gave me a balanced quote and were prompt in replies in all the queries.

reliance : well no one called even after calling their toll free number for a call back. :frustated:

so weighing all options HDFC ERGO was selected.

continued later [:)]

Last edited:
Great writeup buddy.

Good to see the another addition to TAI's Mhawk gang. Put up some more pics of your beast.

Thread Starter #14
Great writeup buddy.

Good to see the another addition to TAI's Mhawk gang. Put up some more pics of your beast.

please be patient buddy.
I myself cannot hold back taking pictures of this beauty but waiting for a decent camera to show up. :tongue:
Am arranging one .
Will put up better pictures for sure.

Last edited:

Top Bottom