My Rider Tata Indica - Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Had this in mind since the time I joined TAI, today came the opportune moment & thought I would share with you my ownership experience of my Indica DLG turbo.

The first car we purchased was Maruti Zen 2005 model, later sold it due to low ground clearance.

Then the search begins for used diesel cars, shortlisted 2 cars Lancer 2004 Diesel and Indica DLG Turbo 2007.

Finally my heart decided Indica, it was well maintained and the car had clocked only 28,000 km when I bought.

I loved this car for its space, suspension, torque, low maintenance and moreover its mileage.

The only problem I faced is the high voltage, this has been resolved after servicing the alternator which costed around 2.2K. Changed the front tyres and replaced bush.

Now the car has clocked 68,000 km, I am getting a good mileage of 19 km per liter without AC and 15-16 km per liter with AC

I regularly service my car every 5000 kms, not in TASC but with my friends mechanic[:)]

Till now my car never left me down in highways. It can easily cruise 140 Km in a minutes. You can feel the turbo, once it touches 2000 RPM [evil].

Indica diesel is a very good option for people who enjoy driving and would drive more kilometers in a day and stable during high speed driving. I person ally recommend this car, who likes to have a stable, spacious, less costly car.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Rider Indica--Turbo

Better late than never, the saying goes well with you linkin.

Thanks for sharing the review with us. The Indica is indeed a great vehicle, it is a car which needs no introduction. It is a perfect combo of fuel efficiency and space. It looks very well maintained.

I had a question, why that Flag? I have seen it on many car!

Good set of Pics buddy,

Is the 12th pic was taken in Neyveli? Most of the roads in Neyveli will be like that..

Thread Starter #6

Good set of Pics buddy,

Is the 12th pic was taken in Neyveli? Most of the roads in Neyveli will be like that..
Yes, it was taken in Neyveli and last picture was taken in Gingee.

Hi,

Had this in mind since the time I joined TAI, today came the opportune moment & thought I would share with you my ownership experience of my Indica DLG turbo.

The first car we purchased was Maruti Zen 2005 model, later sold it due to low ground clearance.

Then the search begins for used diesel cars, shortlisted 2 cars Lancer 2004 Diesel and Indica DLG Turbo 2007.

Finally my heart decided Indica, it was well maintained and the car had clocked only 28,000 km when I bought.

I loved this car for its space, suspension, torque, low maintenance and moreover its mileage.

The only problem I faced is the high voltage, this has been resolved after servicing the alternator which costed around 2.2K. Changed the front tyres and replaced bush.

Now the car has clocked 68,000 km, I am getting a good mileage of 19 km per liter without AC and 15-16 km per liter with AC

I regularly service my car every 5000 kms, not in TASC but with my friends mechanic[:)]

Till now my car never left me down in highways. It can easily cruise 140 Km in a minutes. You can feel the turbo, once it touches 2000 RPM [evil].

Indica diesel is a very good option for people who enjoy driving and would drive more kilometers in a day and stable during high speed driving. I person ally recommend this car, who likes to have a stable, spacious, less costly car.
Congrats on the efficient oil burner [clap]
How much did the 2 front Bridgestones cost you?
Which oil do you regularly use?

350Z

Core Team

Congrats for owning a well-kept Indica. Your words are true, it's a spacious, capable and sturdy vehicle for Indian families. Considering that you bought used, it was a good buy and condition is also fair. All the best and keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11

Congrats on the efficient oil burner [clap]
How much did the 2 front Bridgestones cost you?
Which oil do you regularly use?
It costed me nearly 9k for 2 tyres and I regurarly use Shell Rimula 15w40 (recommended by our mechanic)

Congrats for owning a well-kept Indica. Your words are true, it's a spacious, capable and sturdy vehicle for Indian families. Considering that you bought used, it was a good buy and condition is also fair. All the best and keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks.

Linkin, Nice write up.. Car looks very well maintained.. Any mods ?
Till now no plans of mods, happy with the current stock.

Thats a well kept Indica! Congrats on the maintaining it so well. Wish you loads of miles [:)]
Thanks.

Congrats linkin for your Indica turbo, I am also using Indica for the past 5 years without any hassels and loving every moment of it.

Thread Starter #15
A short update. The car has covered 70,000 kms and diesel seems to be leeking at the head of the pumps. So going to service the diesel pump and change the timing belt. Will update with the pictures once it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom