My White Horse - Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
It was decision which had no choice as I feel there is no comparison to Punto. As the punchline goes it is really a vehicle crafted for people passionate about driving. Punto is really a driver's car and FIAT followers are always the most knowledgable customers as per the dealer executive of Concorde. In fact the guy honestly accepted that many customers have taught them some thing new that even they did not know about the car.

My first car was Indica XETA petrol back in 2007. At that time I was working for TCS and I was very keen about buying an indegenously built car. Hence even at that time I had only 2 choice Indica petrol or diesel.

I came to know about Punto in 2009 when one of my friend was planning a replacement for Alto. I personally took him to concorde and endorsed about VISTA. But instead he told me wait for Punto. He waited for more than a year got his punto(may be one of 1st few from Concorde to book Punto).He mentioned me that it is Punto that lifted FIAT from close to bankrupcy and has won several awards in Europe.And when he got his dream car, it became my dream also and decided If at all I change, I would to Punto. There were many of them who told me I was a fool to choose a hatch back again instead of upgrading to a sedan.But I told them I am upgrading to Punto class.

My 1st thoughts of upgradation came in July last year just after I returned from US. During my stay there I did drive lots of cars including Toyota Corolla, NISSAN Centura, Chevy Impala, Ford Fusion and volkswagen Jetta.
I got my Indica evaluated and was quoted 1.5L +20K exchange bonus. Some how I changed my mind and thought of waiting till year end. In december when I got evaluted for same car to my shock the value quoted was 1.3L +20K. And the guy evaluated was from tata motors and he himself admits tata car resale value is the worst in market[frustration]. At that time I had 1 week to decide as I knew for sure come Jan prices would have been hiked. To add to that he showed me another Indica 2006 model which had run 40K was quoted 60K. Immediately without second thoughts I booked the car next day and got my loans approved in 2 days as I had pre-approved loan from HDFC(12.25%).

The invoice was raised on 31 dec at 7:00 pm and was last booking of the year from Concorde. The sales executive promised to deliver on 7th Jan as it was an auspisios day for me.After following up every day with atleast 2-3 phone calls and 2-3 visits to dealer the car arrived from stock yard at 1:00 pm into the showroom then PDI took 3 hours, then tax pay to RTO still could not be registed but somehow I could convince the dealer to take the vehilce for pooja and return it back for regisrtation.Took the vehilce from Showroom at 8:15 pm and retuned it back the next morning for registration.

One thing I noticed is for Emotion model the tyres fitted was JK tyre- R14 165/80. The executive told me me that since may this year they have been getting vehicles with this tyre for emotion/active/dynamic.Earlier it was Bridgestone R14/175. He also showed me the latest catalogue which was showing the same thing. Anybody in this forum who had purchased Emtion after May June .Please confirm this.

Will write more about my driving experience as I enjoy driving my new white horse..........

Here are 1st pics of my white Horse.

Thread Starter #10
Can somebody please clarify the tyres fitted on emotion variant who have purchased after June-2011.
Here you go Cooladya.
DSC07399_s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Many congratulations on the beauty! I am just wondernig TAI is full of Punto's now. Fiat should consider this forum as their brand equity[:)]

Anyway wish you many many happy miles on the ride. I have till date covered around 1.6K in a month. Tyres are from JK 165/80 R14. I got them upgraded to Michelin XM1+ on the day of purchase to 185/70 R14.

One thing I noticed is for Emotion model the tyres fitted was JK tyre- R14 165/80. The executive told me me that since may this year they have been getting vehicles with this tyre for emotion/active/dynamic.Earlier it was Bridgestone R14/175. He also showed me the latest catalogue which was showing the same thing. Anybody in this forum who had purchased Emtion after May June .Please confirm this.
Congratulation for your BNW Punto.

I got JK Tornado (R14 165/80). Car purchased on Oct 2011. If possible, change it to Micheline or Bridgestone.

@nithin_v - Thanks for sharing comparison.

Last edited:
Hello All,
It was decision which had no choice as I feel there is no comparison to Punto. As the punchline goes it is really a vehicle crafted for people passionate about driving. Punto is really a driver's car and FIAT followers are always the most knowledgable customers as per the dealer executive of Concorde. In fact the guy honestly accepted that many customers have taught them some thing new that even they did not know about the car.

My first car was Indica XETA petrol back in 2007. At that time I was working for TCS and I was very keen about buying an indegenously built car. Hence even at that time I had only 2 choice Indica petrol or diesel.

I came to know about Punto in 2009 when one of my friend was planning a replacement for Alto. I personally took him to concorde and endorsed about VISTA. But instead he told me wait for Punto. He waited for more than a year got his punto(may be one of 1st few from Concorde to book Punto).He mentioned me that it is Punto that lifted FIAT from close to bankrupcy and has won several awards in Europe.And when he got his dream car, it became my dream also and decided If at all I change, I would to Punto. There were many of them who told me I was a fool to choose a hatch back again instead of upgrading to a sedan.But I told them I am upgrading to Punto class.

My 1st thoughts of upgradation came in July last year just after I returned from US. During my stay there I did drive lots of cars including Toyota Corolla, NISSAN Centura, Chevy Impala, Ford Fusion and volkswagen Jetta.
I got my Indica evaluated and was quoted 1.5L +20K exchange bonus. Some how I changed my mind and thought of waiting till year end. In december when I got evaluted for same car to my shock the value quoted was 1.3L +20K. And the guy evaluated was from tata motors and he himself admits tata car resale value is the worst in market[frustration]. At that time I had 1 week to decide as I knew for sure come Jan prices would have been hiked. To add to that he showed me another Indica 2006 model which had run 40K was quoted 60K. Immediately without second thoughts I booked the car next day and got my loans approved in 2 days as I had pre-approved loan from HDFC(12.25%).

The invoice was raised on 31 dec at 7:00 pm and was last booking of the year from Concorde. The sales executive promised to deliver on 7th Jan as it was an auspisios day for me.After following up every day with atleast 2-3 phone calls and 2-3 visits to dealer the car arrived from stock yard at 1:00 pm into the showroom then PDI took 3 hours, then tax pay to RTO still could not be registed but somehow I could convince the dealer to take the vehilce for pooja and return it back for regisrtation.Took the vehilce from Showroom at 8:15 pm and retuned it back the next morning for registration.

Will write more about my driving experience as I enjoy driving my new white horse..........

Here are 1st pics of my white Horse.
Congrats.Another Punto in TAI.Best looking car.Post some more pictures of your beauty.

Top Bottom