Hero Moto Impulse - Initial Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys just got my Hero Impulse yesterday and I have some feedback that I would like to share with you guys.. The real time experience, Negative & Positive feedback's.

Negative feedbacks ::

1) The first and the foremost problem with this bike is that you need a good height to ride this beast. My height is 5.7" and I can just touch both my feet to the ground. The minimum height required is 5.8 - 5.9 " to successfully touch both your feet to the ground comfortably.

2) There is no center stand. (You heard it right no center stand. Very difficult to park the bike especially when there is small place and you can only fit your bike on center stand.)

3) The silencer position as you all know is a good style but the person sitting behind is likely to touch his legs. Its actually rare but if you are riding with two other people the third person is at 99% risk of touching the silencer. (Its damn HOT even though its covered)

4) The rare indicators are not well placed. Its positioned too much outside.I mean since this is a heighted bike, a fat guy (small heighted person) trying to sit behind you will likely to break the indicators. (90% chance).

5) The showroom people will never give you the knuckle guard. They are only advertising it and they actually never gives.

6) I cannot comment on the average right now but I will test it perfectly and will give you a proper feedback on it.

7) The mirrors are small as compared with Pulsar and Yamaha FZ.

8) A little bit of wobble at top speed. Its not as steady as Pulsar and Yamaha FZ. I have drove at 100 KMPH.

9) Low power as compared to Pulsar and Yamaha FZ. A pulsar 150 cc or Yamaha FZ can easily overtake during start up and on top speed.

10) Driving it on rainy season will be a headache. The front tire splashes 99% of the water directly on to your feet. Very irritating.

11) The front disk wire is located directly above the digital meter. It actually spoiling the front look. i.e Digital meter.

12) It lags grip as compared to Yamaha FZ and Pulsar. I am using pulsar and Fz comparison because I have 2 more bikes. i.e Pulsar and FZ.

POSITIVE FEEDBACK.

I don't need to comment on the positive feedback as we all know its a mud type bike, good suspension, awesome looks, silent engine, etc. So now you have all the information you need for this bike. Take a wise choice.

Attachments

AMG

Suspended
Re: First Pictures: Hero Moto Impulse

Your Pulsar is how many cc?

IMO, it just does NOT make sense to buy another 150cc.

You could have modded the FZ

1) The first and the foremost problem with this bike is that you need a good height to ride this beast. My height is 5.7" and I can just touch both my feet to the ground. The minimum height required is 5.8 - 5.9 " to successfully touch both your feet to the ground comfortably.
Motocross bikes and off roaders are always tall. I'm 5.6 and used to do motocross and dirt racing. I have the same trouble on dirt bikes but you'll get used to it. Its a small price to pay for that lovely ground clearance.

2) There is no center stand. (You heard it right no center stand. Very difficult to park the bike especially when there is small place and you can only fit your bike on center stand.)
Most dirt bikes or off roaders dont have centre stands.

3) The silencer position as you all know is a good style but the person sitting behind is likely to touch his legs. Its actually rare but if you are riding with two other people the third person is at 99% risk of touching the silencer. (Its damn HOT even though its covered)
A third person is unaccounted for and should not be carried on a bike, Its dangerous and illegal. Involve in an accident that way and your insurance claim can be refused.You may also have to shell out for the pillions' injury out of your own pocket if they go for a claim.

4) The rare indicators are not well placed. Its positioned too much outside.I mean since this is a heighted bike, a fat guy (small heighted person) trying to sit behind you will likely to break the indicators. (90% chance).
I don't think the indicators could be placed more tight in. I personally like them that way though.

5) The showroom people will never give you the knuckle guard. They are only advertising it and they actually never gives.
That sure is something annoying, Someone told me that they are optionals. Hope they give it as standard fitment.

Again mirrors are usually small on a dirt bike or an offroader

8) A little bit of wobble at top speed. Its not as steady as Pulsar and Yamaha FZ. I have drove at 100 KMPH.
Thats normal and to be expected with the dual purpose tyres, Try riding a pulsar or FZ in the loose and you will be lucky if you dont crash.

9) Low power as compared to Pulsar and Yamaha FZ. A pulsar 150 cc or Yamaha FZ can easily overtake during start up and on top speed.
I guess it along with the fuel economy will improve after the bike's properly run in. How many Kms have you done so far on the odo?

10) Driving it on rainy season will be a headache. The front tire splashes 99% of the water directly on to your feet. Very irritating.
Thats another issue with all dirt bikes, Else you will have to resort and fabricate or swap a normal mudguard up front for the monsoons. Dont know which one will get the job done as its a 19 incher front tyre.

11) The front disk wire is located directly above the digital meter. It actually spoiling the front look. i.e Digital meter.
You mean front brake lines? Its common and an 80's dirt bike styling cue.

12) It lags grip as compared to Yamaha FZ and Pulsar. I am using pulsar and Fz comparison because I have 2 more bikes. i.e Pulsar and FZ.
Might be on road and again due to the tyres. Its like an SUV on two wheels and no SUV can grip or be balanced like a car on road, But throw it off road and it will show its true colours. Its the same story with the Impulse. Can't expect it to be anywhere near average on road with those tyres and suspension setup, But wont let you down off road like a normal bike. You also wont have to be sad as you have two good on road bikes as well to keep you happy. Enjoy riding. [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended

All the negative feedback is not negative at all.

Those are typical supermoto traits.

Thats like buying a dune buggy, and saying it aint practical. Its not meant to be practical.

Good to see a Impulse review here. Have been keenly following this particular bike. Happy riding mate. Congrats for the new ride

Congratz on the buy & the bike looks good in flesh, however I just feel if the rear indicators could have been integrated in the tail lamp assy like Karizma, that way chances of it breaking will be less.

This being a dirt bike & not giving the Knuckle guard is like not giving wipers for a car which are mandatory. Hero even though came out with a good concept vehicle not providing an important part which might cost them just 500 or 1000 bucks wouldn't be an issue & they should be given as free accessory or factory fitment directly!

Congrats for your Impulse buddy and Welcome to The Automotive India.

Like everybody said, most of the negatives mentioned by you are actually the traits of a typical off-roader bike. Enjoy dirt-biking[cheers].

Hey guys just got my Hero Impulse yesterday and I have some feedback that I would like to share with you guys.. The real time experience, Negative & Positive feedback's.
Congrats on your bike and for not shying away from monotony. Have a great time with your bike. Take it wherever you want to head impulsively.

Cant do anything about it. Dirt bikes have to have a higher ground clearance for obvious reasons. Height is required only when the bike is at a standstill, e.g. at a traffic light. learn to enjoy the bike while it is moving and when both your feet are on the footpegs!

Dirt bikes do not have centrestands for reasons of ground clearance. This is how things are and you have to live with it. Boss, you have not purchased an ordinary commuter bike. You have gone ahead, broken the norm, and purchased a lifestyle bike. Learn to enjoy it the way it is.

Dirt bike = No pillion. Simple.

Charge him/her if he/she breaks the indicators.

Shoot a mail to Hero Motocorp. Knuckle guards are available at good motorcycling shops. You can order them from sites like ebay.

6) I cannot comment on the average right now but I will test it perfectly and will give you a proper feedback on it.
Will give you 45-55kmpl in city depending on traffic conditions and the way you ride it.

Francis Bacon - "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."

It's a tall bike so it will never be as stable as the Pulsar and FZ. Changing the tyres to road use tread will help matters but will take away it's off roading ability.

Boss, this is a dirt bike (again!). It is not meant for drag races. Take it off road along with the Pulsar and FZ and see which bike goobles up the terrain faster.[

That's exactly the point - the raison d'être of the Impulse. A dirt bike is meant for splash and dash. What's the point of living if you haven't ridden a dirtbike in the rain?

That's not the brake wire. It's the brake line. Routing it that way is important to prevent it from getting damaged while off roading. Many dirt bikes available abroad have such design.

It has knnoby tyres that offer less grip on tarmac but are phenomenal off-road. If you want more grip, change to road pattern tyres but such tyres would compromise the off-roading ability of your bike.

I don't need to comment on the positive feedback as we all know its a mud type bike, good suspension, awesome looks, silent engine, etc. So now you have all the information you need for this bike. Take a wise choice.
Enjoy the bike and keep all of us updated. Congrats again for taking a different, offbeat decision.

Thread Starter #11
Your Pulsar is how many cc?

IMO, it just does NOT make sense to buy another 150cc.

You could have modded the FZ
I have already modded the FZ and its one of the fastest bike. I wanted a different segment altogether thats the reason I took this new style bike.. was fed up with Pulsar and FZ.. i.e the typical bikes.. always had a dream of a mud bike. I would have marvel hero motors if the firing was like RX 100.. :)

Enjoy the bike and keep all of us updated. Congrats again for taking a different, offbeat decision.
Thx man. :) Even i am happy that I choose different type. :)

people literally turn their heads when I am driving this beast.. :)

ReaL HeaD TurneR BikE !!!!!

Congrats for your Impulse,

post the front pics of Impluse..

Happy off-roading..
Yep// front view coming tomorrow or maybe on Thursday, but will upload it for sure.

Motocross bikes and off roaders are always tall. I'm 5.6 and used to do motocross and dirt racing. I have the same trouble on dirt bikes but you'll get used to it. Its a small price to pay for that lovely ground clearance.

Might be on road and again due to the tyres. Its like an SUV on two wheels and no SUV can grip or be balanced like a car on road, But throw it off road and it will show its true colours. Its the same story with the Impulse. Can't expect it to be anywhere near average on road with those tyres and suspension setup, But wont let you down off road like a normal bike. You also wont have to be sad as you have two good on road bikes as well to keep you happy. Enjoy riding. [:)]
Man I have already used it on off roads and by off road I literally mean the up and down tyoe roads. The government is actually inserting gas pipelines in pur area and they have dug up most of the roads and thats the place i have tested it.. You will never know when did the hole went when you drive abobe it. 70% less jolt as compared to other bikes.

Top Bottom