Honda Again (PreLOVED) - 2007 City ZX V-Tec - Sold now

Thread Starter #1
Edit: 50k km update: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ity-zx-v-tec-50k-kms-update-3.html#post149326

Another Honda at home (preloved)

Make Model & Variant : Honda City vtec
Year : 2007
Color : Bluish Silver
No. of previous owners : 1
Mileage : 44k

Background:
After driving Wagon R and Civic extensively heart wanted something between these two segments.
Wagon R is not a good performer on highways and lack of boot is another concern whereas Civic in b2b traffic is a pain (not for driving, to safeguard the car from fellow 2 wheelers and 3 wheelers)

Hunt:
I was looking for a used budget sedan as I don't want to invest on a brand new depreciating asset. Initial budget was around 2 lakhs and zeroed at Lancer.
As you are aware finding a well maintained Lancer is way difficult and mere impossible with this budget. Raised the budget with 50 more grands but no gain.
Then left to UK for my projects and returned 2 months back. Hunt for used car started again with a revised budget of 3.5 lakhs.
Choices:
NHC, Corolla, Lancer, Verna
After a month I lost my hope in finding a decent specimen. Either it clocked 75k+km or abused within 30k km.
Fed up with the monsoon and finally decided to go for a brand new entry level diesel sedan.

Choices:
1) Swift DZire: Perfect VFM. -ve: Waiting period (6 months)
2) TATA Manza: Ruled out as my mom didn't liked the shape and brother was against TASS
3) Ford Fiesta / Mahindra Logan : No offense here, my fiancee ruled out both for the TAXI image

Almost zeroed at DZire VDi and I was about to book the car.

On a fine evening I saw the ad for 2007 City vtec with low miles.
Contacted the owner and confirmed the availability of the vehicle for inspection. On the same weekend test driven and almost satisfied.

Negotiated a bit and finally paid the advance on a auspicious day and promised to pay the rest and take delivey on 14th Dec. Settled the deal this afternoon and taken delivery with sweets.

Sorry, no time for photographs. Will upload more snaps tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Honda Again (PreLOVED) - 2007 City ZX V-Tec

Good choice, Mr.Boss. Congrats, You were lucky enough to find an alluring used deal just before booking a new car. I have a special affection for Honda City V-Tech and that too in this particular colour (My favourite) which is decent enough. The car looks to be in stock condition and also quite well maintained.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Blue City looks good in dark and alloys are great in dark picture too! congrats for purchasing,what was the price? What's the odo running?
Any replacements to be done?Sorry for too many questions:D

Congratulations Mr.Boss the car looks to be in good condition , some daylight pictures will do justice!

BTW change the number plates to legal ones soon , Chennai cops are stricter these days![;)]

PS: We have to meet up buddy!

Oops! forgot that sorry, won't happen again! 44K is low for a '07 model and he has got a good vehicle.
And as Cooldhaya says change the color of boards to white one,it looks decent for a car like this.
EDIT:Did get only one remote lock with the keys?

Thread Starter #7

Thank you all [:)]

Vehicle is 100% stock and the only pending thing is 45k service which I'll be doing after Christmas. No mods planned as of now, thinking of changing the head unit alone as I don't find the OE HU user friendly or good looking.

vtec from Honda is one of the best engineering and will retain a smile on our face for years.

Thought of changing the number plates, but not now. You can notice the plates on my bike (3rd snap) even that wasn't a legal font or size. Though I'm not interested in law-breaking, this adds more look than the recommended ones. But sure, will change them soon. Car came with only one remote and a spare key.

Regarding price, there was no hard bargain as the vehicle was well maintained and almost with negligible dents and scratches. Settled the deal for 4.15 lakhs What do you say, is this a good deal, with insurance for next 10 months?

Once again thank you all friends. Will upload day light snaps tomorrow.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Settled the deal for 4.15 lakhs What do you say, is this a good deal, with insurance for next 10 months?
That was a steal. You have indeed bought it for a great bargain. Looking forward to some interior snaps soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mr boosss congrats [:)] Nice color, I like that

Vehicle is 100% stock and the only pending thing is 45k service which I'll be doing after Christmas. No mods planned as of now, thinking of changing the head unit alone as I don't find the OE HU user friendly or good looking.

vtec from Honda is one of the best engineering and will retain a smile on our face for years.

Thought of changing the number plates, but not now. You can notice the plates on my bike (3rd snap) even that wasn't a legal font or size. Though I'm not interested in law-breaking, this adds more look than the recommended ones. But sure, will change them soon. Car came with only one remote and a spare key.

Regarding price, there was no hard bargain as the vehicle was well maintained and almost with negligible dents and scratches. Settled the deal for 4.15 lakhs What do you say, is this a good deal, with insurance for next 10 months?

Once again thank you all friends. Will upload day light snaps tomorrow.
Congrats for the CITY V-TEC Mr.Boss.
Currently my friend who drives a City i-vtec is a City freak and he has been driving the City only from last 5 years,firstly he had a 2003 City V-tec,then he bought a used 2006 City V-tec,then he bought a new 2009 City i-vtec and right now after loosing that City in an accident he is using a 2011 City i-vtec(used).
With him I have driven all the cars which are called City from the oldest to the i-vtec and what I like the most is the 2006 Honda City V-Tec(being true from my heart)and you got the same car.Let me express my feeling about this car:-
Exteriors:this car is a head turner,even today.
Interiors:the interior quality and space looks better than the i-vtec to me(forget the driving position,being true,there is nearly same space).
Ride and handling:Simply awesome.
Performance:This car can do 200 kph,do I need to say anything else.I myself had once touched 180 in it and accelerator was not completely pressed.
Braking:With all four dics and ABS this car brakes like you expect it to.
FE:16-17 to har haal mein deti hai(16-17 is always given by her).
Overall,this is the gem of a car.

That was a steal. You have indeed bought it for a great bargain. Looking forward to some interior snaps soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
+1,the gem of a car at the gem of a price.
Well,where are the interiors snaps dear?

Thread Starter #12

Braking:With all four dics and ABS this car brakes like you expect it to
My car doesn't come with ABS or Airbags either. It is not a feature in 2007 City v-tec, I suppose.[confused]

Sorry to hear about your friend's accident and glad to know about his & your passion towards City. City v-tec is a masterpiece from Honda Engineering.

Adding few more snaps as promissed. Sorry for the quality, all snaps taken with my mobile camera.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

You've got a great car and at reasonable price for the kms done.Its looking good in the pictures,have a great ride and rock your world!

Car is extremely well maintained. no wonder the car is extremely well maintained being in the hands of an auto enthusiast!

Top Bottom