RED HOT -- ETIOS LIVA (GD) 1200km Ownership Report
This is my First Ownership Report,Correct me if i have Gone wrong any where
The Petrol prices shoot up up up !
My Maruti 800 and ford ikon (BOTH PETROL) were lying lazily in my garage, so it was time to replace the Maruti 800 with a diesel Hatchback. NEW MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT experience
It was almost a year that I came to know about new MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT finally it came thought its time to gear up for the new SWIFT.
Me and my dad in a Suzuki Access 125 went to Mandovi showroom it was a mad rush to book the vehicle, we managed to squeeze inside the showroom and the sales people were busy booking the vehicle and we saw the vehicle and to me the car was awesome and I slightly opened the front door (P.S : I AM A TALL AND HEFTY GUY)
I managed to squeeze inside the vehicle " my knees kissed the steering wheel "
I thought its normal because I have the similar experience with my FORD IKON.
Then I swayed back the front seats and I lifted my left leg to press the clutch to my surprise the knees were hitting the dash board , I consoled my self and got back to the rear seats absolutely no space even in boot
and there is no ABS
in Vdi version & also the long waiting queues made me to look for an another car.
So, my main priorities were
1) Reliable engine
4) Service POLO experience
Went to Volkswagen POLO showroom in palace road the car was pretty good and its my dad's favorite and to my shock it was a 3 Cylinder engine and the turbo lag was present in the initial pick up and I had to look out for another vehicle and also the price was a issue to us.
And I was not at all interested in TATA vehicles. TOYOTA ETIOS LIVA DIESEL
And one fine day saw the AUTO EXPO ad in newspapers me and my dad went to the EXPO in palace grounds had a nice time seeing all the Automobile Companies under one roof.
It was some few days to launch the ETIOS LIVA DIESEL and we went to the TOYOTA'S STALL saw the LIVA(PETROL) and I opened the front door loads and loads of space and nothing came in to my mind like interiors and the absence of ODO meter
Then ETIOS LIVA DIESEL was launched went straight to the TOYOTA SHOWROOM and the experience was awesome
saw the vehicle and came back with the quotation of 6.7 Lakhs OTR (Road tax is the culprit) and I Goggled the Engine's design and also with the Well wishers who were driving Innovas and got a positive feedback from them.
One fine day, we went to the showroom booked the ETIOS LIVA DIESEL (GD) and the color is Vermillion Red on September 15th
Exactly after 45 days got a call from the showroom and we finished all the financial formalities and finally we took the vehicle prior 2 days to Diwali EXTERIORS
- Crisply designed front look, I really liked the smiley look in front
- Rear look is better than Etios sedan
- Toyota’s paint quality is superb
- The thickness of metal sheet when compared to PETROL LIVA is bit thicker in Diesel version
- Concealed Exhaust present near the Engine bay
- Dull look of the dash board.
- The thickness of the plastic material like glove box etc is bit more when compared to LIVA petrol.
- Powerful AC, within no time car gets cooled.
- Loads and loads of space (MY TOP PRIORITY).
- Each door has a bottle holder (Capc: 1litre).
- We can store up to 6 (500ml) water bottles in glove box and up to 4(1 litre) bottles.
- A small AC vent inside the glove box keeps your drinks cool (NOT VERY CHILLING).
- ODO meter and Temp gauge not present in GD version it’s a definite nee.
- Under the hood there is a thick fiber plastic protecting the engine Bay.
- Only 70 % rolling of windows in rear.
- Zero turbo lag in the initial pick up, very easy to drive it in city traffic.
- Turning radius is awesome and its top notch in hatchback segment.
- Very light steering wheel and also its tilt able.
- Gear transmission is very smooth; you will have to pull the ring for Reverse gear.
- Soaks the bumps well, thanks to soft suspension.
- On full load (even the boot) the underbody gets scrapped again thanks to soft suspension, so there is a need for underbody coating.
Bought accessories worth 17000 INR from Toyota
- Door Visor
- Mud flaps
- 3M sun film
- Fog lamps
- Seat covers
So we took the vehicle to a 950km ride from BANGALORE-KOLLUR MOOKAMBIKA TEMPLE
Also carried a 50KG mixed Vegetables to donate it to Goddess Mookambika
(HAVE A LOOK AT THE PICS) DRIVING EXPERIENCE ON HIGHWAY
- Touched a Maximum of 140kmph
- Turbo lag is present in 5th gear
- Easily pulls in ghat section without any extra effort.
- Look out for the humps and shabby roads if the car is loaded with 5 people
- My car got scrapped 3 times in SAKALESHPUR GHAT
- Mileage is top notch 23kmpl(W/o AC) and in city its 18kmpl (with 50% AC)
- Steering handling and cruising is simply superb.
Its one of the most practical car I have ever seen in hatchback segment, just fill the tank and forget it ICE’ing done at EVO Bangalore by Sathya
Since liva comes with 2 speakers and 2 tweeters in front I didn’t change the components the sound quality is better and good when compared to swift(Quoted by Sathya himself).
A special thanks to Freak dude on suggesting me the ICE setup
Sound Quality is ROCKING!!!!!!
So here goes the list
- Pioneer AVH-3350BT DVD Player with Mic included
- Cerwin Vega HED 6*9 Coaxial Speakers
- MDF plank
- Toyota harness
- Reverse camera
TOTAL COST – 28000 INR (P.S :This Report is Purely Based on my Own Opinions no offenses to other car Owners)