Dark Knight made his silver jubilee run this weekend crossed 25k (nearly 26k now ).
Not too bad for 14 months - though 26k doesnt make it feel like a new car anymore :- Some Facts :-
- Engine has really opened nice and clean - smooth and efficient consistently dishing out between 14-15kmpl ( 50% highways, 30% bad roads, 20% city )
- Gearbox is the biggest improvement, its super smooth and has again sunk in well.
- Extremely happy with latest set of brake shoes Mahindra provided, has a solid bite after the initial play - was put to test a few times thanks to the friendly idiots on the road.
- All of the electronics working and put to regular use(except hill descent and voice control which i hardly use, my fav being the cruise control - it just makes it a comfortable long distance cruiser, i am beginning to miss this in my civic having spoilt with the XUV).
- Infotainment system has been very stable post version 4 upgrade(the one before latest bluetooth update) - ability to control via mobile very welcome. Also sound codecs are better though it really needs better speakers.
- Tyres look pretty decent as well and still have considerable life.
- After being spoilt with civic dynamics, a diesel suv does sound like a backward step, but honestly the xuv never ceases to surprise me with its dynamics especially in ghats i love it even more. I wonder what a new set of better tyres could eventually do it - cant wait to find out, but have to! What to watch out for :-
- I am keeping a close eye on the steering stabiliser bushes, mine are the newer design ones but still havent done enough kms with it to conclude.
- No Rattles yet, but seat/ belts pip squeaks, odd minute resonances once a while on bad roads. My XUV does travel on bad roads so i am pretty happy(and in way pleasantly surprised) with how things have held up. Nothing to complaint really.
Things I am considering :-
- Move away from Mahindra 20K Oil change schedule to a 10K one, probably on an even better synthetic oil - need to to speak to the service guys about it. Need to check on next service.
- Considering fitting a rear DVD display but not on the roof as i am not sure i want a heavy display hanging from the roof, so may be 2 screens behind the front seats , i would welcome suggestions here.
- Time for a 3M(or Meguiar) treatment for the Dark Knight for behaving well.
- Might replace speakers to some better ones(no fancy add-ons).
Some pictures below :-