Driving is Believing...Hyundai Verna Fluidic!

Thread Starter #1
Exterior The New Verna Fluidic is definitely an eye catcher! The day it was displayed in the showroom I had an opportunity to see it, as showroom happens to be very close to my home. I was impressed by it looks , The 16 inch Radials , Headlamps and the sleek design across the body on the sides are really very cool and clubbed with two exhaust's which gives a very sporty look . The looks will tempt you to get inside the car. I rate it 5 with out any doubt in my mind.

Interior I found to be well designed and more contemporary, fluidic has got good quality plastic all over and you can see that with the perfect finish across the interiors. the car which I am using right now ( Manza Elan ) has got all the latest gizmos like blue and me , Steering mounted audio etc however I see that in fluidic it shows what is quality all about. The front seating is comfortable however one needs to lean a bit more to get inside the car (Ingress n Regress). I felt comfortable sitting in the drivers seat; while i took the test drive , however felt that seat could have been a bit higher , then the sales guy explained me that one can raise the height of the driver seat , which I did but not much improvement but better than before ( I am 5.9 ) , May be because I got used to Manza seating comfort :). Space is adequate for 5 people however rear seats encourage only two people to sit. Rear seat is a way too low however its comfy and one can lean back to a comfortable position, My guess.. It may trouble you in long drives!. I rate it 3 because of poor rear seats and Driver seat height adjustments which are very crucial in any car. (When expectations increases by its exterior looks one needs to match accordingly with interiors too).

I drove a 1.6 L Diesel Engine for Test drive. As soon as I held the steering wheel I said to myself wow , its very sensitive and should be great to drive in the city , Its really matched and exceeded my expectations. It took apx 10secs for me to get adjusted to the steering as it was very light and responsive. The pickup is good and does not give you any jerk when you accelerate further . It was smooth sailing , however when i touched 120+ I was not confident enough to accelerate further because i felt i may lose control on the vehicle as the steering was too sensitive but the car had the power and willingness to go further. Very less turbo lag, i would say negligible when I compared my existing car. I bet you guys city driving would be a pleasure and one can manure the car at their will and wish, you will not be tired at all and on the other hand it will be a pleasure driving in the city. Fuel economy i cannot comment because i haven’t checked it , but company claims apx 22kmpl for 1.6 L Engine and one can use the sixth gear for maximum fuel efficiency. Gear box is very smooth and you will like it. I rated it 4 because for its one of the best and powerful engines 1.6 L , minimal turbo lag and for the BHP apx 125.

I would say ride quality in the city will be excellent and it is and handling too on par . The questions arises only when you want to get on to the National Highway and want to cruze. The car has the power and the zeal to take you to the your desired destination with panache however I doubt if the person behind the wheels will have it or not because of its sensitive steering and bouncy rear ( As suspension is very soft ) while driving on high speed. I personally feel, once we get used it it everything will fall in place. Its only a matter of time. I rated 3 because of the less confidence it gives me on high speeds. Linea has much much better road grip and ride quality and handling. The question is how often do i go on long drives at above 120+???

Final Words A car which will not meet your expectations but will exceed your expectations with sheer looks, practicality, driving comfort ( city ) and features it comes along with the car . As my caption says its Driving is Believing stands true for this car.

Things to Improve

1. Very sensitive Steering.

2. Rear Seats too low and not so comfy for long drives and expects only two people to sit at the rear as it has a hump in the middle.

3. Rear Veiw will be blocked if you have three occupants in the rear seat.

4. I booked this car :) :) :) , One thing reminds me is that nothing is perfect in this world.

5. I am open for comments for my review , either good or bad do post it with out any remorse [:D]

Thread Starter #3
Re: Driving is Believing.....Hyundia Verna Fluidic !

Hi Mac,

Turbo lag is the gap from when you step on the gas, until the boost from the turbo catches up to the engine's demands and exhaust gas speed. A turbo is driven by the exhaust and it takes a few seconds for it to catch up to the air velocity of the exhaust.

Re: Driving is Believing.....Hyundia Verna Fluidic !

@ master, hey buddy congrats on your booing which variant you booked , i my self going to purchase this car without any waiting period ,(i have some links) but one thing which bothers me is that i neaver done any test drive of car , so i would like to ask about driving experience of car i know its get nervouse over 120 + but we are not ralyy drivers , one more question to you will you able to see bonnet of car while driving or its pure jugement as like on i 10 ,i 20 and what about turning radious of car and yes judgment are you comfortable with muscular line on the side body in heavy city traffic yours view is important so please do comment .

350Z

Core Team
Re: Driving is Believing.....Hyundai Verna Fluidic !

Congrats and welcome aboard. I like the statement, “This car won’t meet your expectations but exceed them...” Fluidic Verna indeed is an absolute looker which doesn’t really needs a mention. Has been the car delivered to you? Share more details with us coupled with some photographs. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great great write-up about a great great car! ANHV is certainly fluidic in design! Every line and curve is so tempting which makes it stand out in all dons. Have you booked this beast? If yes we need more details and some pictures please [:)]

@The Master : Firstlty Welcome to the forum, i hope all your queries will be solved here & we too may get to know some stuffs from you! [:D]
Congrats for the beauty & welcome to the Fluidic GANG! [angry]
Im sure your having fun crunching miles. Please share some pictures.

@shubham: According to me this car has no issues 120 + i have touched 190kmph the car was just a little bouncy. Yes the suspension is sad but the drive quality is not at all BAD !

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Hi All

Thank you for your warm welcome and support folks I am overwhelmed [clap]

I have booked the Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDI VGT on July 11th 2011 and got it on Aug 11 2011. As the MD of the showroom happens to be my well known guy could manged to get it soon. First thing what I did was I changed the stock OEM ( Tyres ) Its came with MRF 185/65/15 and I changed it to 195/65/15. Yokohama DB . It costed me additional INR 9000.
@ Shubam - I have almost cracked 5500kms . I have also gone for a long trip ( Hyd to Durg ) . I have touched 150+ . The Fluidic was as stable as it could be. When I took the Test drive I wrote the review and after the long trip my Fluidic dis proved me , high speed dynamics is good . However if you have 5 people in the car then one needs to be careful on bumps and potholes.

@350Z - Thanks a lot and Tell me how to upload pictures here [:D]

@ The Traveller - I have booked it on 11 July and Got it on 11th Aug 2011. Thanks a lot for the compliment

@kpaaz - Thanks a lot and need all of your help to put across my views and learn a lot from your guys too .

Regards
Master

Firstly, welcome to TAI. Congrats on your new drive.

Kindly help me how to upload pictures here

Thanks
To upload pictures from another webpage URL, use the pictures option.

If you need to have the pictures uploaded as a attachment, go to advanced edit options and use "Attach Files" to attach files.

Not sure if a help thread exists for this. However, you can also reach the support: How To Reach Forum Support Team?

Thread Starter #11
I hope you may like the Color Silver on Fluidic. , You can see that I have changed the tyres.

I wanted to put Michelin however it was more expensive than Yokohama DB , So had to compromise

This is in Durg

Thanks truecitylover

Last edited:
@The Master:
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new Fluidic Verna,that's a really nice car to own and drive in the city.
The engine,1.6 CRDI is simply a brilliant engine which produces a lot of power and hulking torque,in fact its very refined too.
The NVH levels are great and the FE the car offers is also quite good.
I have once driven a Verna on a 1300 kms long trip and can say that its steering is on the lighter side,but still you can do some good speeds on the highway(only the highway needs not to be winding).The top speed I gained in this car was about 155 kph but didn't dared to go further as the car had warned me(she told me that she will go outta control).

Thread Starter #15
Its been like 3 and half Month that I have taken the Fluidic , crossed more than 5500 km with an average mileage of 14.7 KMPL , I could not ask for more , Its a pleasure driving in the city , I had lots of options ( Diesel ) like Maruti SX4, Manza , i20 , Vento , Linea , ford . I test drove all the vehicles more than once , SX4 i dropped because, this model we are seeing it past 4 yrs and any time a facelift may comeby , though i liked it had to drop it . Manza , already we had one in the family , Linea i loved everything about the car however GC was bad as it scraped by office speed breakers hence dropped it , Ford too expensive i felt , Vento , I liked it however I felt the premium price What i was paying was for the brand VW as the trendline costing 10.5 lacs then on road had nothing , no music system , airbags , steering mounted switches and A.S.S so had to drop it .

Top Bottom