Finally she is home !!!
Finally received the delivery of the car on 8th December. I had mentally prepared for the day of delivery and rehearsed it in my mind many times over. Booked a taxi thru' EasyCabs. The ride from Dahisar to Chembur (Wasan Motors) cost us Rs 650 and 2 hours. Immediately after reaching Wasan, I went to a general store nearby and bought a gift wrapped chocolate box for my sales person Sachin Malabari.
We were greeted by the receptionist and offered tea immediately. Sachin asked us to wait for 20 minutes during which they cleaned and prepared (read pampered) the baby. In the meanwhile we completed the paperwork. The sales guy gave us a box of chocolates and Ganapati (which were asked to stick over the dashboard after a month as they had just applied dashboard polish).
They had kept everything (haldi, kumkum, garland, coconut) for the customary Pooja, (performed by my mother). At last I was ready to drive home. By this time it was evening and the legendary Mumbai traffic had begun.
Filled the tank with Rs 1000 diesel (around 22 liters - equivalent to 14 liters of petrol at current prices). The traffic was really slow moving so could not really revv the car. Reached BKC around 6.30 pm and surprised my wife who was ready to leave from office. The drive from BKC to Dahisar took 2 hours.
Top speed reached during this journey was 60 kmph
Alas !!! could not take out the car on Saturday as advised by seniors because of 'Grahan'
The positives I felt during my 2 hour sojourn
1. Longgggggg range of drive in 2nd gear.
2. Amazing head turning looks.
3. Array of controls (Will take some time to learn these though)
4. Some people may find it weird, but I love the sound of the car when the engine is revving.
& The negatives
1. Dad felt that the seats were not comfortable (Wagon R seats were more comfy he felt
( Guess I will have to put cushioned seat covers)
2. Rear wind shield is veryyy small compared even to Wagon R.
3. Array of controls (again... they take some time getting used to)
and here are some pics...
I will post the interiors' pictures after I do the interiors...