Originally Posted by Prads
You were using an 800 for 16 years(i think you had jap make engine) & the next step was to a honda jazz,I must say that is an upgrade by miles,I hope this car serves you for many years
Since most people are jumping to diesel cars I am just curious to know what would be your estimate km usage for a year?
Yes, I was using maruthi 800 for 16 long years. 3 maruthi 800's to be precise
.2 second hand and 1 new one. That too, all three were non A/C's. So, As far as I am concerned, this is a big leap for me. It was my dad's decision to take a petrol car rather than a diesel car. There were several reason for him to take this decision.
1. He is a bank employee and he gets transfered to other places. In those cases he wont take the car there. Car will be left back in our hometown. So petrol car is the best in this situation.
2. My old car, the third maruthi 800 (2000 model), has clocked only 64k kilometers in the last 11 years. So I guess thats pretty less miles we have travelled.
3. As my dad is a bank employee, he gets petrol allowances.
4. He has an assumption that, any time the diesel subsidy for passenger cars will be taken off. Then there wont be much difference between the petrol price and diesel price. Just an assumption.
5. Another advantage is that, we can install a auto gas kit on petrol car, whereas its not possible in diesel cars.
So I guess point no 2., answers your question