My car last week completed 1 year on september 29th.
Only maintenance work done is the 10K kms oil change. Which should have been completed within Rs.4100 But the guys did the enigne flushing and charged me extra 1000 to make the charges Rs.5100. Below are some numbers.
Kms completed - 10840
Total Maint expenses Rs.5137.00
Average Diesel price Rs.45.47
Total Litres filled 637.81
Overall FE 17.98 km/l
Fuel expense Rs/km 2.56
Overall expense/km 3.09
Maintenance exp/km 0.53
Average Km / day 29.54
Average Km /month 886.1
FE + maint expense 32846.49
Insurance Renewal Rs.11524 + 3M underbody - 4200
Total expense Rs.48670.49
I m pretty happy with the car and way it has handled and helped me. Have some mixed feelings. But pros outweigh cons. Below are the problems I had in 1st year.
1) Front left Suspension noise
Solution: In 3 rd month, TASS changed whole set of suspension. After 6 months again noise came. They changed ARB and then till now no noise observed
2) Dicky door rattle noise. Still not solved. Have gone 4 times to 2 different TASS. but still no resolution. The problem is teh rattle noise is random. sometimes comes sometimes not present. Have to take up with ASS
and sit with them and see if they ahve seriously done something about solving this.
3) recent issue. Rattling noise when going over bad roads. Diagnosed as teh Hydraulic uinit of suspension being weak. i dont know what build quality . within 1 yr it becomes weak. Have to be changed. but no part available when went for teh 1st year service. have to check for part availability and go to TASS mostly KHT motors as i m in bangalore for this whole month.
4)Window rubber beading replaced.
5) Door handle not working properly. replaced
6) The plastic covers over screw-heads falling in many places. Even though we fit back , they fall again,. Bad QC
7) i got very bad FE (50% AC) in Bangalore city driving - 13 in MID (11 actual tank to tank) May be this is due to the bad roads to my office
FE (50% AC) in Chennai city is somewhat better - 15 - 16 in MID (13 - 14 actual tank to tank method)
But FE for highways trip I have got good deal - 23 - 24 ( Full tank method , without AC , 2 adult + 2 kids, 20 - 40 kg luggage)
20 - 21 kmpl ( Full tank method , 60 % AC , 2 adult + 2 kids, 20 - 40 kg luggage)
1) Spacious and decent interiors
2) good Highway manners, good FE in highways
3) Love the power and fit for Highway driving more than city driving
1)Niggles and more worrying is the inability of TASS to solve it in one visit
2)Difficult in city traffic because of bigger size and noticeable turbo lag and not much suitable for city driving
3) Many times i had problem of underbody scrapping. I feel it has very low GC. Later found out that many times the part hit was the jacking point. because it is somewhat lengthier
4)TASS itself is a big disadvantage. The dealers trying to fleece by charging unnecessary VAS and driving away prospective customers *and spoiling a competent product
Yet to decide whether pros or cons:
FE in city . Have to wait and do more experiment. Because i havent driven extensively on various good city roads. Have only driven on very bad roads due to UGD works in roads. Also now only i made oil change . So will see if oil change has any effect