Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor VX 4X4 : Black Bahamut

Thread Starter #1
Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor VX 4X4 : Black Bahamut Now 18k done

well guys I AM BACK.

After my long searching for prefect car which would rule my Heart begin soon after i sold my TATA SAFARI 3.0 DICOR [cry]

Now question was which car .

there were lot of thread which can give you idea about my Long Journey

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...865-fuel-efficient-car-highway-commuting.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-bike-shopper/3973-maruti-gypsy-maruti-grand-vitara.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...es/4953-best-design-maruti-gypsy-hardtop.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4656-getting-maruti-gypsy-installing-cng.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-customizing-cheap-suv-into-hummer-worth.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4533-should-i-go-used-tata-sierra-safari.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-bike-shopper/2713-new-suv-car-something-like.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/4422-petrol-engined-suv-muv-india.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-parts/4324-hyundai-accent-modifications.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...279-technical-queries-about-maruti-gypsy.html

Even in the end i brought
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ai-accent-gls-pre-owned-ownership-review.html

thought i will satisfy myself but there was something missing inside me . So i started search again

Now lot of rumor about merlin was around but as soon as i saw spy shot i was like what!!! It has lost all aggressive look as well as classic look which i loved all this time

SO i made list of SUV which i can buy second hand as well as First hand

1. Grand Vitara
2. Endy
3. Mahindra Bolero
4. Mahindra Thar
5. Gypsy
6. TATA Grande
7. Mahindra Xylo
8. Mahindra Scorpio
9. Mahindra XUV500

1. Grand Vitara
Its sexy looking car . i mean its exterior so good looking but interior didn't expected in such expensive car .
So i started searching market for second hand grand vitara after TD 7 Grand Vitara i gave up . I mean that car doesn't give you feeling seating in luxury car but more like seating in SX4 + driver seat doesn't give you feeling that you are king but more like ya you have the car so be happy .
Gear was very bad in all 7 vitara + i always get feeling like i am driving CNG car (which doesn't give you quick acceleration ) . Also its 2nd row was bit stiff

So left this car .

2. Endy

Its like mini truck which is more painful then safari to park . ya i could not park it properly even after 15min. 2nd row was bumpier then safari and last row was like torcher seat if you don't like some one then make him sit there and enjoy.

So this car was out of my list

3. MAhindra bolero

yup you are heard it right i went ahead to TD this car(2011) also . after driving this car for 10min. i liked but too no comfort at all and if you want comfort you have to pay nice money so i left it + it didn't even had 4X4 option but i liked its interior and exterior look only if they had made bit comfortable .

I kept it on my list

4. Now it was time for mahindra Thar .

I didn't got chance to TD it thanks to mahindra SA . he didn't even know there was car with such name that too mahindra [frustration]
But got chance to see it personally later . it was too much for money they have asked that too no AC . Its great machine for Off-roading but for my usage it wasn't + i heard 2.6 engine wasn't pocket friendly .

So it was out of list

5. Maruti Gypsy

This is car i give lot of respect thanks to its low maintenance . TD 10 second hand car but didn't satisfied me but later got chance to TD 2010 gypsy and must say they league ahead compare to old Gypsy . it was dam silent engine + smoother + seat were better(please note it was default seat which came with gypsy no aftermarket seat) but still need little cushion .

I was ready to buy it . Went to showroom ask them how much time will it take to deliver car all said 3-4months. i cancelled my plan of buy new and started searching for gypsy model around 2010-2009 even found one 2010 but it was in himachal after lot of search we found some information missing + another told me that this car has already completed 40k infront of him so car showing 8000k is fake .
So i drop that plan recently . Also non of my family member was happy with my decision . So i had to leave gypsy.

6. Recently got chance to TD grande it was good but second row comfort was again worst then safari + image of taxi . made me kick this car out of my list .

7. Mahindra Xylo
Father asked me to visit showroom of mahindra to TD Xylo

So went ahead look around car was good from exterior as well as interior was also good but didn't like its driving i mean while driving it made me feel like i am chaffer driver. Overall Nice package for money they offer .

But i never liked MUV so kicked out of my list but must say great car

8. Mahindra Scorpio
While i saw release XUV i thought let's check it out . But seeing population i changed my plan and went ahead to for TD of scorpio . As soon as i pressed acceleration i just loved its performance . completely fall in love with this engine after driving safari 3.0 it was like sky and land difference .
Now started circling around scorpio it took me 10 cirlce and SA to stop me from circling around more . In the end i didn't liked the exterior it was like front was made by someone side by someelse and back by someelse.

Now it was time to check interior first thing i hated most of position of power window switch i was WTF . Its like i am driving old car which used to have power window switch near gear not only that switch to adjusting side mirror was in awakened position . Last not least Dashboard gave me feeling like i am driving some sedan it didn't even had enough space to keep Scorpio broacher forget giving me feeling of SUV space . Vibration in gear was more compare to mine safari but was smoother then mine safari . But they have improve comfort i was comfortable in bad road .

Overall i was impressed with engine performance made my mind to buy it

In the end i asked them cost of ON-road price of 4WD and time to deliver and told them wait for 1 week .

9. Mahindra XUV
No need to tell in detail you all know . what i didn't like was dashboard it was over style + interior quality didn't give me much good feeling + 3rd seat totally useless . But overall VFM . But still i went ahead and asked dealer if i booked when will i get and got shocked hearing 1st Feb . I can't wait for so long . I don't have habit of waiting so long .
I kicked out this car out of my list .

Now cars which were left were bolero and scorpio . Family kicked out bolero seeing its village image .

Now i was ready to buy scorpio . Was trying to get some discount even found some good scorpio in second hand market thanks to XUV .

I was talking to friend about scorpio . he told me that there is dealer he know he might give you good discount 80k-1L . So i asked him to came and we will go together in my car but he refused he said he don't like my accent . So i said ok you bring you car . he said OK .

received call from friend came to bus stand i will pick up you from there .

After waiting for 5min. here he came on might beast TATA Safari pearl white . while safari was approaching i just fall in love with safari again . I was like F scorpio i want safari .

My friend brought his safari last year and 16k on meter . I told him move away from driver seat and else i will tell his GF about second GF. So he moved quietly [lol]

I was completely amazed how quite was safari . I never knew it was ON or OFF way more refined then my old safari . Gear was smooth compare to old safari even acceleration also have improved but still mhawk has better in this department . Fit finish is better then my safari completely fall in love with safari . Went to dealer of Scorpio but he was out of town for 2days . So i came back home and told about my decision about Buying safari .

I was amazed everyone from father,mother,little brother,very near relative everyone said book it . I was shocked seeing response.

So tried few dealer in delhi 4X4 was costing 14.66L without single discount . I was sad.

But look like something was to happen . while i was seating at property dealer office meet sub-dealer . He promised me he can get safari 4X4 for 13.60L . I was soo happy . So paid him 1L and booked safari VX pearl white 4X4 on Thursday . Dealer told me i can expect delivery on Monday . I could not sleep properly till monday but just to get shocked that it will take 3 week.

I wasted whole day fighting dealer and after lot of call finally he said there are few cars ready to deliver in 4X4 was silver,White and black . I was total confuse which one to buy .

So i gave call to girl( soon to be my wife ) asked her which colour she like . She was first bit confused . She asked me which car . i said Safari and she said wow its my fav. car , I just love it . don't dare to buy safari any other colour then Black .

So i told dealer its black . He has promised to deliver safari on Monday

Now waiting is killing me . Can't wait to get Safari in my hand

Please forgive me for all spelling mistake and grammer mistake i was never good with english

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
thanks well i know its bad narration but you guys have to live with it unless akash again fix it like he used to in past [lol]

Finally! I have always said that you should buy the car which your heart says, not your brain. If you had bought the scorpio, you would have anyways repented later.

Congrats. wish you a happy ownership experience.

Thread Starter #5
[lol] using my word i see on me . thanks
If it wasn't my safari friend then i wouldn't had brought safari instead you might have seen scorpio 4WD ownership today hehe

Congrats Rahul on your new beast.

At one point of time you were also looking for 2.6 crde Scorpio 4X4.

In the end you did well, going by what your heart meant & craved for.

Will be looking forward to your ownership experiences.

Congratulations mastersquall. I liked your comparison list and believe its a good decision.

I admire you for showing the faith in a TATA product again but why a repeat customer? Any specific reasons apart from the dealer giving the car at 13.6L? What is the original cost?

Please do share your booking/pre-sales experience and the break-up of the cost.

Many congrats.Its nice to see that all TAIn's go with 'Heart'
Can you tell more about what is different in new safari than your old one?

I told him move away from driver seat and else i will tell his GF about second GF. So he moved quietly
[lol]

Thread Starter #11
Congrats Rahul on your new beast.

At one point of time you were also looking for 2.6 crde Scorpio 4X4.

In the end you did well, going by what your heart meant & craved for.

Will be looking forward to your ownership experiences.
thanks
yes i was looking for good second hand scorpio seeing so many +ve review . But in the end my heart won over my head [lol]
Congratulations mastersquall. I liked your comparison list and believe its a good decision.

I admire you for showing the faith in a TATA product again but why a repeat customer? Any specific reasons apart from the dealer giving the car at 13.6L? What is the original cost?

Please do share your booking/pre-sales experience and the break-up of the cost.
Main reason was love toward safari design and second reason was huge improvement over my 3.0 safari . last not least discount [evil]
also seeing how reliable was my 3.0 dicor never gave me problem while travelling
Original cost was 14.50L for 4X4 and extra 5k if i want pearl white colour

I gave them 1L for booking .

About experience well you know about TATA dealer told me i will get safari on Monday but he didn't . Now its again Monday . I just hope i get safari by this Monday else sparta style anger

Congrats for Yous Black Safari.

Safari is my all time favorite car. definetely i'll buy that beast one day[;)]
thanks ya even after old design it still rule heart of people
Many congrats.Its nice to see that all TAIn's go with 'Heart'
Can you tell more about what is different in new safari than your old one?
thanks
i haven't TD dealer car but i am telling difference between my friend safari and mine safari
Engine
3.0 = Lot of vibration pick and sound like truck not so good acceleration but OK but low end torque was very good
2.2 = unless you carefully concentrate you won't even know its ON or OFF . Hardly any vibration or sound and its more peppy engine acceleration has improved lot but low end torque is not good like mine 3.0 . When i was driving i asked my friend did he swapped engine i mean i could not believe it was same old dicor . But i still love 3.0 power man it was beast as soon as it touch 1800 Vroom which was missing in 2.2 . This car has been tuned more for city compare to old 3.0 which was more for open road
Gear
3.0 = Used to stuck lot and wasn't smooth that much and need more human power to slot . there was vibration
2.2 = gear is smooth and does not get stuck specially on 1st and 2nd and no vibration . Indeed good work

Body Roll
3.0 = it was high but not that much like old scorpio
2.2 = there is very less compare to 3.0

Ride and handling
3.0 = used move back and forth as soon as i go over speed breaker or bump or braking . although i liked feeling of move back and forth but not rear people bevause of it sometime i used to get feeling i am losing control of car . Even steering was ok not bad
2.2 = in 2.2 huge improvement everything is gone suspension behave better now which means no more feeling that i am losing control . Which result better handling also as well as steering is better from old model

Rattle(famous technology of TATA if something stop rattling means it has stopped working or that part is no longer with car)
3.0 : it used to rattle lot of every corner but learned to live with it .
2.2 : I was shocked not single rattle i mean my 3.0 just 1K meter and 1month old used to rattle and this safari 1year old and 16k meter still no where rattle to be found . i have driven car over a lot potholed road( my friend was looking toward me like he wants to kill me[lol] while i was driving ) and completely amazed .

any other question but don't forget its TATA expect some problem [;)]

@ Rahul: Inspite of knowing about all the problems, people yet start buying from the same stable.
Just kidding.

One more thing Black colour takes more effort from the owner to make it look clean, just a dust bath makes car dirty.

After seeing that Sparta, i almost fell of from the chair[lol].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
hehe ya i know all problem i will face so i am pretty much ready for it . In the end if you are buying car just by hearing your heart then don't regret accept it and be like SPARTAN [lol] on TATA service centre .

Ya i know it will require lot of attention on black compare to my old safari golden colour

hehe ya i know all problem i will face so i am pretty much ready for it . In the end if you are buying car just by hearing your heart then don't regret accept it and be like SPARTAN [lol] on TATA service centre .

Ya i know it will require lot of attention on black compare to my old safari golden colour
Congrats master for acquiring "The King", just reclaim your life once again and make your own road for the second time.

Nice to hear that Tata have improved Safari so much, wishing you a trouble free ownership for many years to come.

Congradulations for the new Safari.

I was thinking of buying Safari some time ago. Then decided to wait for the new generation Safari.

Ready for a long wait since I am in no hurry. Manza is serving well and is enough for my present requirements.

Top Bottom