Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT 2WD Black & Silver

Thread Starter #1
Got my Black beast yesterday from SKS. took delivery around 5.30p.m and was so scared to drive it back home. I have been driving for 15 years now and somehow felt the Scorpio too big for the roads. Somehow reached home without a incident. :-)

Booked the vehicle on Sep 7 and it took nearly five weeks for delivery. Vehicle looks awesome from outside. The inside is good but not great considering the amount of money I paid for a VLX AT. There is lot of room for improvement on the quality and finish etc. Having said that it has a commanding presence on the road and when I took it this morning to drop my son at school, I was much more comfortable. Planning to take it to Chennai this weekend and lets see how it behaves. Based on what I read from previous Scorpio threads, went and checked the tires and put them all at 32psi. For some strange reason, the TPMS still shows different for each tire. Will upload photos shortly.

I have driven throusands of miles over the last 15 years abroad...and hope to continue here. so many places to see in India.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT 2WD Black/Silver

Welcome to The Automotive India. And congratulations! Nice to see another mighty muscular Mahindra Scorpio owner. Eagerly looking forward for the pictures. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI and congratulations! Do share more about your dealership experience , discounts if any from the dealer , delivery experience and also some pictures of your beast.

Thread Starter #4

Coming to Dealership experience. I did my first test drive with Sireesh way back in mid July. AT that time there were no great offers and so was thinking on it for a while. Went to SKS in August and did a test drive again and tried to bargain, but they were not budging at all. So days turned into weeks and there we where in the beginning of september. All this time I was calling the reps in both Sireesh and SKS but they did not seem to budge. Called India Garage also but they were pathetic. The test vehicle at Sireesh was fairly new, but the one at SKS was like 3 years old with 40k miles and they had not done any kind of servicing. I think they really do not care about customers looking for Automatics I guess.

One fine day (Sep 7th) went to SKS did some negotiation. Got around 26k in discounts total in addition to two sets of floor mats, 3M sun film, Scuff plates, idol, perfume free of cost. I also called and checked with dealers in Chennai. I even thought of buying from Chennai and bringing it over as the cost difference was around 80k between the two cities..but then the thought of driving with a TN board in KA did not sound good to me. So become a total BANGALORIAN!!!

Looking back, in early May one of my friends was moving back to the US and he has a 2010 Automatic Scorpio fully loaded and was asking for 10.5k. It had only 8k miles on it. I was not able to make a decision at that time. That would have been a real sweet deal whoever bought that vehicle is one lucky guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on the Scorpio buddy. I so so so miss my scorpio mHawk. The engine is a gem. I am sure you will have a great time driving her. Wish you a happy ownership experience.

P.S.: you dint consider the XUV500? You wanted an A/T only?

Thread Starter #6

Raj. we prefer automatic. having driven them for many many years. We considered the XUV and even thought of canceling the Scorpio order, but after repeated calls to Mahindra, no one had a clue on when they might have an Automatic. My 2 cents. there is no match to the comfort that automatics offer. why sit in traffic for hours and keep pressing clutch and changing gears, when you can have the machine do the job for you. [;)]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

congratulation . Nice beats you got there . Did you TD both manual and auto if yes . what's difference between them in performance

Raj...we prefer automatic.. ..having driven them for many many years. We considered the XUV and even thought of canceling the Scorpio order, but after repeated calls to Mahindra, no one had a clue on when they might have an Automatic. My 2 cents...there is no match to the comfort that automatics offer...why sit in traffic for hours and keep pressing clutch and changing gears, when you can have the machine do the job for you...[;)]
Yes, I agree with you. I have driven the scorpio A/T only for 10 mins but I dint feel any loss of power as such. Infact, the added convenience of A/T makes it great.

but to be honest, I love driving & so I prefer manual rather than A/T. But thats just me.

Last edited:

thanks raj so it still fun to drive car even after AT
well, as i said, there is no loss of power as such. the sweet mHawk engine still surprises.

But for those who prefer convenience over driving pleasure... yes, its a great choice.

by driving pleasure, I mean the feel when you use the clutch & change the gears manually...!

i wanted to TD AT version but two dealer near me didn't had it so i had no experience But nothing beat fun of manual unless its bumper to bumper traffic really kill the legs

Congrats Suresh on your new Acquisition of Hawk.
Welcome to Hawk gang, i have replied to you in other thread.

Wish you miles of Safe & Happy Motoring.
So your's is 6th Hawk on the forum.

Thread Starter #14

Mukesh...saw your reply on the other thread and thanks for the same. I was suspicious of loosing steering wheel control...for that one reason I might not change the HU....let's see. The back speakers vibrate really bad even with little amount of bass...I am really surprised and disappointed. To begin with I am thinking of changing just the back speakers first (better quality and high wattage) and see if it improves. Any thoughts?

I have some outstanding Home theater (2 of them) at home, but when it comes to Car ICE I am newbie even though I have drive for many years. I am also a DIY kind of guy......so lets see. I live on Sarjapur road and there are quite a few shops here...I am going to check speaker prices and will also compare in Chennai when I there next week. Suggestions are welcome.

Thread Starter #15

The problem as I said before with Automatics...most of the dealers don't seem to have one immediately for a TD. The reply you get is.."It is in our other showroom..".

Top Bottom