Originally Posted by Charger91
I am in process of migrating to Wagon R Vxi from my current Zen MPFI VXi. Can you please comment on the following:
1. Is there any rattles that you are observing now?
2. What is the mileage that you are getting in city with 100% AC?
3. Has the NVH Levels increased over time?
4. Is your car provided with Apollo tyres? What is the condition of tires post 20K?
I am a little apprehensive about the engine performance since the low end grunt of the K-Series engine is poor as compared to my Zen MPFI engine. Blame it on the 3 cylinder mileage centric engine.
Zen has always been a personal favourite. I chose the WagonR because of its seat height and because there was no more Zen only Estilo was on sale.
I liked the old one before the face lift.
Now about your concerns
1. There is one main issue that is the front passenger seat belt rattling on the interior when riding solo. in due time this may cause the lamination on the plastic to wear out.
Ford has solved this in the Figo by adding a small rubber padding to the portion of the B pillar interior where the buckle of the seat belt is dangling.
sorry couldn't find a good photo. This solves the rattling.
Apart from this there are no major rattling issues that a service can't clear. My roads are really bad, in the last service i had some good rattling from the hatchback pad, it was cleared easily.
2. As for the FE part sorry i won't be able to answer the question directly, as i haven't checked the FE for quite some time and my rides have been short for a long time. (7 kms to kid's school, 2 kms from there to office in the evening again 2 km to school, 2 km to office then 7km to home) so all these short trips have rendered checking FE almost impossible. I will post the result after a through check.
3. I mostly keep to 50-60 kmph max speed (mostly stay between 1.5 to 1.8k RPM) so NVH has never been a problem for me. In fact i have never noticed this.
4. My car came with Goodyear tyres, one of them has worn out unevenly
don't know how. Right now I have 26K on the ODO and the tyres could have been better.
The 3-pot engine is ok but sometimes you may miss the sweet power of the 4 cylinder Zen (especially when overtaking in highways). For me it doesn't matter as i am a moderate driver.
I reached 130 only once (i was very late for my cousins marriage) and that too was in the highway in a Sunday when traffic was very low. After 110 the car may feel a little unsteady because of the wind.
Also you may miss the boot space too.
But slip (you can easily do so because of the height) into the driver seat and you will be overjoyed by the height, adjustable steering, the field of vision, head room etc.
Also the doors open very wide so that the elderly can easily get in. Rear seat is also very comfortable (at the cost of boot space).
hope i have cleared all your doubts, as for the FE i will try to post it ASAP
. If you have any more doubts please feel free to post!