After tanking up - the next stop was a Lord Shiva Mandir located nearby for the pooja - All our cars bought in Chandigarh are taken there for a 'small' pooja.
We decided to stay on in Chandigarh for the night and then left for Mandi yesterday (8th). Positives
1) The fit and finish in this car is simply superb - the quality of plastics and materials used both in the exterior and interior is A1 and exudes class.
2) The list of features is long and exhaustive
3) There is absolutely and i mean absolutely no diesel clatter within the cabin as you drive the engine is far silent compared to the Innova's when you are standing outside, but you know it's a diesel - however due to VW's superb dampening inside the cabin - there is no clatter inside the cabin very very impressive for us who have lived with an Innova for 5 years now.
4) The DSG Box is silky smooth and responsive - the D mode is superbly adequate for the plains and there is minimal lagg when you push the accelerator. On the hills - a manual is better for immediate spurts of power and speed when overtaking - but i found that slotting it into the 'S' Mode - makes overtaking a breeze on the hills.
5) The Music system and built in Blue tooth are superb - the sound of the system is great and blue tooth is easy and intuitive to use and pairs a phone very fast.
6) We have driven 360 Kms since tanking up and the MiD is showing a FE of about 11 (combine city stop start + highway driving + about 60 kms on the hills in 'S' mode)
7) So much info and features on the MiD that i need some time to figure all of them out. Nit picking here but some Negatives
1) No attachment for the Ipod
- you can attach your Ipod through an Aux cable - but then you have to control the music flow through the IpoD and cannot control your Ipod music through the excellent touch - screen in the center console. the new Jetta's system connects the Ipod direct and lets you control the music on the touch screen display.
2) Difficult to get used to the Park-tronic system and the visibility while reversing severely limited by huge back pillars and boot - you have to trust the sensors - and it's not easy.
All in all - we are extremely happy with our purchase and the VW 'Passat' is every bit awesome as i though it would be. i will keep updating my experiences over time with this car. Thanks for reading.