I got my Verna 1.6 VTVT SX white colour delivered on 20 Sep '13. The car is very cool to drive and the power is simply superb. I have just done 300 kms as I have to travel frequently out of town. Once I do some 1k kms I will post a complete
ownership review of the new beast.
As I don't have much knowledge on cars, request expert help on the below 3 things:
1. Seat covers
I visited few shops and had a look on few brands - Autoform, Gsport, Dolphin and HiTech. I liked the GSport (Roadster) brand due to its custom fit and material. The price quoted for Verna is 10500 including fitting. I saw a custom made cover for a swift and it was cool. My interior colour is beige and black mixed. The material I saw dint have beige colour. But I was impressed with a black one (pic below).
- I wanted to know if this will suit my exterior and interior colour
- How about changing the red lining in it to beige
- What are the pros and cons of this brand and color
- Are there any other brands which is better than this?
2. Speaker upgrade
I am not interested to change the head unit as I feel it would spoil the original look. Got to know from a shop that the below upgrade will give me good sound output and clarity
Change front door company speakers to Infinity component (360W) - Rs. 4800
Change the back door company speakers to Infinity coaxial speakers (Model 6502) - Rs. 3500
Add a 4 channel Sony AMP and Sony subwoofer (Taken from my previous i10)
- Will this combination give me a good sound output?
- How is the sound quality when only Sub woofer is connected to amp? (I don't want to connect the door speakers as they would cause jarring sound)
- Any other options? My budget is < 10k.
3. Problem in MID
The MID is not consistent. For the past few days though the fuel tank is full suddenly sometimes when I start the car, it shows empty for few minutes and once I start moving few meters it comes back to full tank. Also after running several kms when the Fuel meter decreases, it always does by 2 points (2 horizontal lines) instead of one by one.
- Is this common across all Verna's? Or do I need to get this checked?