One of My Dreams Came True - Maruti Ritz VXI ABS

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Finally I'm here with the ownership review, apologies for the long delay. Along with the ownership review I thought I would share my experience how my dream came true. Guys who wanted to know only the review about the vehicle please ignore all titled above "Ownership Review".

About me!
=======
Introduction is still pending from my end even after I joined TAI by May 2011. The reason being I don't want to create a new thread just to introduce myself. I'm working in an MNC company, my passion is towards Cars, Bikes, Computers and i'm a gadget freak and If you wanted to know anything more about me, feel free to ask!

My Dream towards Car
===============
I'm from a Middle income family as everyone getting a Bike or a Car will involve a great research since money what we spend should worth and we should repend for that in future. I'm mad towards Car, I would say the name and company even if vehicle is 100-200 meters away. Because I watch the design so close since I always admire and willing to own one.

I'm 25 yrs old and I owned a bike(Apache RTR 160 Refresh) 4 years ago and I'm continue owning it. I'm very happy taking my girl friend for ride, picking her up from office and dropping her. My bike is my favourite, I would say that I managed to win heart of my girl friend only because of my bike. My bike never let me down it might be too hot, rainy, roads very bad, highways, traffic what ever the condition may be I was able to rock and rule the circumstance.

Finally I got married to my friend, now my lovely wife on Sep 10, 2010. Things now changed, necessity to travel in bike gradually reduced. I started involving in family, soon I started realising that I'm being a part of society. Started to visit many relative's functions, Team outings etc., Everyone taking their car and I'm in bike with my wife for those occasions hurt me a bit. There are many occasions where people literaly hurt me since I don't own a car.

Initially i'm just a kid to my parents things never bothered my but now i'm a part of society and I felt I should have an Identity of my own and this is the good time to own a car.

Hence finally I joined TAI since I want to know things whats going on in the auto-industry. I personally like TAI since people honour all the queries what members put it across even if its Off-Topic.

Deciding factors to own a Car
====================
Since I'm from a Middle income background budget is huge preferrence for me. Then a major barrier is to decide whether I have to buy a diesel or petrol.

Diesel Cons - High initial cost, High maintenance cost and high premium for insurance. As we all know our government never had stability and may increase the fuel cost in no time. Also if we want to change it to
CNG in future, then its not possible.

Diesel Pros - Good Mileage, Low running cost.

Petrol Cons - Huge(Very Huge) running cost.

Petrol Pros - Less maintenance cost, Less initial cost, vehicle can stay idle for sometime and also CNG conversion is possible.

Things to consider

=> My first car.
=> Didn't get used to driving yet.(Actually started learning only before 5 days of vehicle delivery).
=> My usage less than 500Km/Month.
=> Budget
=> After sales and low maintenance cost.

- Considering all the above I decided to go for Maruti, but still i don't want to limit my though and hence narrowed down to the below vehicles. Since my budget is less than 5 Lacs very limitted options.

CALCULATION
==========
Considering Diesel vehicle cost 1Lac extra,

EMI Rs. 2212/-

Sum of EMI for 5 years = 132720.

Conisdering an average petrol cost of 75 Rs(Considering the future hike), for 132720/- I can get 1770 Litres of petrol.

Lets consider the Mileage of the vehicle is 13KMPL. So I can use the above 1770 Litres of petrol for 23010 Kms. My average running would 600Kms and hence I can use that money for almost 38 months which is
roughly 3 years.

Also I can plan my travel according to my budget. But If I own a diesel vehicle then the EMI money is mandatory every month. Considering all theses facts i've made my mind to go for Petrol.

Finally decision made - Its petrol
======================
Initially thought to go for Alto K10 but my height is 6.2, the vehicle was cramped and hence ruled out. So checked the A-Star, it has got decent leg room but person in back seat will feel it cramped since I have to
push the driver seat all the way back.

Then checked the Fiat punto Active. Similar story very low head room and price is high.

For some reason my wife didn't like hyundai I10.

Chevrolet Beat, Love at first sight definitely worth for Beat since the looks are stunning. But the car is very small, I felt that only after sitting inside the car, visibility is also very poor.

Maruti A-star ZXI was right on to my budget 4.63 L on road. Beat was shadowed by A-Star because of ASS.

since I'm a first time buyer I really don't want to take chances. Decided to buy A-Star and hence booked the vehicle.

In the mean time many said A-Star Huh! its a failure model, no resale value, Initially it had fuel tank issue and hence Maruti had to recall it. My heart accepted all the comments made by people but still I lack budget
and I don't want to go for a Second hand car because of my family centiments.

With heavy heart I defended the comment made by people and started accepting the car in my mind and started loving it.

I've applied for Auto-loan to proceed further. The bank agent referred to another dealer(Kapico Chennai) and the sales person called me and asked for my appointment, said he can offer maximum(full story in the thread - "Need Help - Buying New Ritz VXi (2010 Model) from Dealer"). Got an offer from the dealer - Maruti Ritz - VXI ABS - 2010 November model.

With all the goodies and and discount it came around 4.9L on road. Just 30K more I'm getting a well recognized vehicle and Swift's K12 engine which is globally accepted. A 50k more would have given me Chevy
beat diesel(5.44L on road Chennai) but car is small, very think pillars(reduce visibility) and very important 3 cyl diesel engine. I may be a first time driver but I always like to dominate on roads and budget also made
me stop thinking to get Beat-Diesel.

Finally after all the suggestions, calculations, opinions from TAI, I made my mind for Ritz. A special thanks to VKKalyan who helped me arrive on to a decision.

Paid all my dues and reg number has also been given and I was just waiting for my Car deliver.Delivery was decided on Sep 1st "Ganesh Chathurthi" an auspicious day.

I was very tensed since this is my first car, I don't what to do and hence I took print out of PDI checklist from TAI.

Finally on the auspicious day I took delivery of my vehicle and everything went smooth. My wife and my parents didn't let me to drive
from the showroom and hence hired a driver and reached home.

Ownership Review
=============
On the same day (Sep 1st) I couldn't keep quiet and hence asked my wife to get in to the car and started driving the vehicle. Believe or not, first time in my life I drove a car and that too without any problem.

Steering was efforteless for me, but had some problems releasing clutch and hence vehicle stopped 2-3 times and I guess it happens for all first time drivers. I know the logic of driving but I never drove vehicle
before. In driving class I drove hardly 5 classes and he never let me to think of my own(Always had control of clutch and break in his end) but I drove as if I was driving for months.

I had to tell you guys about the road I drove, I drove in ambattur already its pathetic and now the underground drainage work process is on its hell. We can't even call that as a road even fortuner and all off
roading vehicle would cry to move. Only peope who live in chennai know about the road. But I managed to drive the vehicle fine, I'm not sure is it bcos of vehicle or my driving skill which adapted very quick. If its bcos of my car then hats of to Maruti and if its bcos of my driving skill then hats off to god who gave confidence.

Car moved seemlessly without any problem, maneuverability of my car is awesome, breaking and control is fantastic. But I felt the pick-up is not good in higher gears. Then I parked my car and left for the shift. Only while parking I felt lack of seat height adjustment.

Next day I decided to get rid of clutch release problem and I want to make sure that the vehicle doesn't stop at lower gears. Car stopped couple of times but still I felt confident enough than the previous day. Drove car only in bumpy roads, suspension is very good.

Third day! I took my wife and her family to temple, vehicle never stopped and I felt very confident. Only now I felt that car has got body roll that was evident at high speed. The same I drove my car at night and
didn't have any problem.

Fourth day! Sunday I took my car to temple in ECR(one of the best road in chennai). Car behaved very well and again as I said it has got body roll which I felt at high speed and just to rev it I touched 130KMPH I know its un appropriate before 1st service but still I can't hold on. Car was very stable at that speed, AC is effective and enjoyed the ride all day.

Next day! Its time to finish the installation part. Installed the new seat covers, neck rest and steering cover(Ferrari Red). Reverse parking sensor(LCD with voice guidance - 4 sensors) and now its all done.

Got lots of plans this weekend and will update my experience in that. This is my first car and hence I've updated all my experience in here and if there is something specific I need to check and update here about the vehicle, then please let me know.

As of now I didn't get time to take PICs and I apologise for the delay. I will try to make it asap and hope I will attach all the photos to the same thread this weekend. Execuse if the review is lengthy.

Last edited:
Re: One of my Dream came true - Ritz VXI ABS

Great calculations brother.And the review is nicely written.
Please post pictures of the car.

Eager to see the car.[:D]

Cheers

Fourth day! Sunday I took my car to temple in ECR(one of the best road in chennai). Car behaved very well and again as I said it has got body roll which I felt at high speed and just to rev it I touched 130KMPH I know its un appropriate before 1st service but still I can't hold on. Car was very stable at that speed, AC is effective and enjoyed the ride all day
Thanks for the detailed write up. In the run in period please do avoid reving your beloved hard to enjoy many more happy miles in future. Happy and safe motoring [drive]

Great write up Ramesh! Yes most of us belong to the category where budget becomes an important factor. But your choice seems perfect. Many congratulations! [cheers]

and do post some more pics!

I owned a bike(Apache RTR 160 Refresh) 4 years ago and I'm continue owning it. I'm very happy taking my girl friend for ride, picking her up from office and dropping her.
You reminded me my old days buddy, I miss my pulsar badly [:)]

Finally decision made - Its petrol
Perfect

With all the goodies and and discount it came around 4.9L on road. Just 30K more I'm getting a well recognized vehicle and Swift's K12 engine which is globally accepted.
You are lucky.

Congrats and Drive Safe. [clap]

Please post some pics.

Excellent write up and a good decision. First of all I would like to congratulate you for that.

Now where are the pictures, dude ?

@ramesh:
Congratulations and Drive Safe!!
Ritz is an excellent practical car for family. Please do follow run-in period just to keep your vehicle smooth for long run.
Slot the gears in proper RPM, you should not have any problem with intermittent stopping. Better feel the engine response like smooth or dragging and make a decision to slot the gears based on high and low.
Use clutch only to change gears. The gear box is very smooth in Ritz.

BTW, what mileage have you got till now?
How is the K-series engine performing?
How is the A/c effectiveness?

@Ramesh, your story is very similar to mine and reminds me of my good old days.

Hi Friends,
I owned a bike(Apache RTR 160 Refresh) 4 years ago and I'm continue owning it. I'm very happy taking my girl friend for ride, picking her up from office and dropping her. My bike is my favourite, I would say that I managed to win heart of my girl friend only because of my bike. My bike never let me down it might be too hot, rainy, roads very bad, highways, traffic what ever the condition may be I was able to rock and rule the circumstance.
I own a Pulsar 150 DTSi and still have it, my first vehicle from my own earned money. Used to take my girl friend to office and to roam in the city and for long drives on weekends. 4+ years now, I ride it very less, but still love it.

Finally I got married to my friend, now my lovely wife on Sep 10, 2010. Things now changed, necessity to travel in bike gradually reduced. I started involving in family, soon I started realising that I'm being a part of society. Started to visit many relative's functions, Team outings etc., Everyone taking their car and I'm in bike with my wife for those occasions hurt me a bit. There are many occasions where people literaly hurt me since I don't own a car.
Before getting married to my girl friend I bought my first car i10 and it was a marriage gift to my wife and to make her big day very special.

On the same day (Sep 1st) I couldn't keep quiet and hence asked my wife to get in to the car and started driving the vehicle. Believe or not, first time in my life I drove a car and that too without any problem.
I had not driven a car before, so after 1 week of marriage my wife asked me to drive it and told me to be confident. I knew the logic to drive a car and only got 2-3 lessons from my cousin on his Wagon-R. So driving was not a pain on day one which became exciting day by day. 3 years now and loving it day by day.

Steering was efforteless for me, but had some problems releasing clutch and hence vehicle stopped 2-3 times and I guess it happens for all first time drivers. I know the logic of driving but I never drove vehicle before.
Same happened with me. [:)]

Next day! Its time to finish the installation part. Installed the new seat covers, neck rest and steering cover(Ferrari Red). Reverse parking sensor(LCD with voice guidance - 4 sensors) and now its all done.
How much the reverse parking sensor kit and installation costs you?

Very nice and excellent review, enjoy driving!!! [drive]

Thread Starter #9

Friends very happy on seeing your comments. I'll definitely try to make some time in weekend and will update PICS. Saturday(Sep 10th) is my first wedding anniversary, preparing many things to give surprise to my wife sorry for not answering individual questions. [cry]

Saturday(Sep 10th) is my first wedding anniversary, preparing many things to give surprise to my wife sorry for not answering individual questions. [cry]
Wow! You have got the new car at right time I should say [thumbsup] Enjoy your anniversary with your new ride [cheers]

Congrtulations Ramesh! Nice write up! Please dont hit the throttle beyond 80-90kmph during Run in Period.
And May wishes in advance on your wedding anniversary! :)

That was a good plan for choosing petrol and it keeps your maintenance costs real low.
Anyway my advance wishes for your upcoming wedding anniversary and have a nice day.
Please keep your speed low to the extent possible because the engine setting is a vital aspect for improvising the mileage and smoothness aspects of the engine.
Upto 60-80kmph speeds will be good till the engine is suited for running.

Waiting for your pics,do post exteriors as well as interiors [:)]

Thread Starter #13

Friends

Atlast managed to take some PICS. Please ignore the date in it as its set incorrect. [;)]

Attachments

Top Bottom