Hi Akash! Better late than never. I though I'd scribble a few lines here of my gaadi.
As of today I have clocked 62000Km and every bit of it has been enjoyable and the car still pack a punch like day 1.
The car was 'serviced' regularly at the Authorized center religiously till I clocked 40K km and then I get the Oil/Filters (Air/oil and Fuel) changed at my buddy's workshop.
These new cars do not need any other changes except for oil and filters and you are golden.
Air and fuel filters I pick up from my pal at Arrowhead air filters which did make a noticeable difference in the way the engine breathes and I'm pretty sure my fuel efficiency improved by 10% but again so did the cost of fuel so back to square on in a way you see ;)
So no complaints with efficiency that averages around 13km/L with AC on and my driving is in mid city traffic. Daily drive is 50KM.
Highway occasional trips to Bangalore I get around 17km/l. Repairs/Wear and tear.
1. Changed all Tires to Yoko A drives at 40K and am very much satisfied with the recommended upsize 185/65/R14
2. Had trouble with Power steering oil leaks a few months ago and when spoke to Hyundai ASC, was told to replace the rack estimated cost was Rs.47K
- Took matter in my own hands - All parts mechanical can be repaired and Service centers just replace it for peace of mind. I suspected a blown seal in the rack and got it checked before I commit for full replacement.
- Figured out the problem was with the Tie-rod ends and the lower arms that were battered and put stress on the rack letting it bleed oil.
- Replaced the strut mounts, tie-rod ends and lower arms and zero oil leakage and stability was back to normal. Paint and Detail
A black car is tough to maintian. Period.
I spent a lot of time mid last year on detailing and learnt a lot of it. I did have a regular regime of getting the car waxed every 3 months to keep it in shape.
Equipped with detailing gyaan from the internet watching and reading tons of information, I bought quite a lot of premium detailing products and seeing is believing.
Of-course spending so much time and efforts on a car is bound to attract flak from the wife ;) But again - Nothing like a shiny black car.
A few pics that I shot very recently. Not bad for an almost 4 year old car with 62K on the clock and detailed on my own huh ?
After a whole day's detailing effort
Got rid of all the swirls for a clean finish