It’s time for Update!
ODO clicked- 2200.
First servicing done at 1150 Kms- Already mentioned in the thread.-Experience was good, Car delivered within 4 hours, Free service hence No charges.
Problems observed till today- None
No rattling sound, No abnormal sound.
Only thing I was not sure about was the FE. Prior 1st service when I checked It was in the range of 18-19 kmpl- City and Highway mix with Fulltime AC on. Till 1150 Kms, after that I am using the car for regular commute between Pune and Mumbai via expressway only. I used to fuel the car at HPCL stations on expressway. last time when I checked the mileage after topping up the fuel tank, I was shocked to see 16.2 kmpl. Actually it should have been more than 19kmpl. Though i was stuck in traffic both ways for more than 2-3 hours, and car literary scrawled for more than 2 hrs with AC on, but still I was little doubtful about it.
I called the service centre and complained about low mileage, the works manager asked me to come down to workshop for a check.
Procedure for Mileage test followed-
1. First the ECU was connected to a laptop, all engine parameters were checked, each and every parameter was normal. Engine condition was excellent.
2. Cleaned the air filter.
3. Corrected the Tire air pressure- I am not sure if this was the real problem will come back to it later, Air pressure maintained for the test-Front tires 30 psi and rear 28 psi.
4. With a veteran service engineer on driver’s side and for the first time I am on co-driver’s seat, we headed for a reputed fuel station.
5. Fuel filling procedure especially for mileage test. Shut down the engine, get out of the car, inform the fuel station guy that you are conducting a mileage test.
6. Ask him to discharge the fuel slowly when tank is about to full (especially for diesel). Don’t go for auto full option whenever you want to check FE of your car.
7. When it looks like tank is fully filled wait for few seconds, try to shake the body of the car, the fuel will start to flow inside the tank, and some amount of fuel will come out of breather pipe and again it will flow into the tank, which is the air trapped inside.
8. Again fill the fuel till the breather pipe opening mark, now you have actually filled full tank.
9. Insert the key, first of all set the trip meter to "0", then start the engine.
10. Put the Ac on, and all set for go for a trip of around at least 60 kms without stopping your engine.
11. We drive the car for around 64 kms breakup is as follows
Highway (Tar road not a very superior one with moderate traffic speed range 60-80 kmpl)- Distance covered 30 kms
Express highway- superior cement road (speed of 80-90 kms)-20 kms
City roads- with traffic- 14 kms
12. Went back to the same fuel station, again followed the same procedure for tank full.........and the surprise came.......it was 2.74 liters on fuel pump meter...
64 kms in 2.74 liters of diesel..........Bingo!!
It is 23.35 KMPL
I was again shocked!
With full time AC on with all type of roads and traffic mix, also with moderate speed excellent FE of 23.35 kmpl.
Clean Air filter regularly.
Maintain tire air pressure correctly.
Fill fuel at reputed fuel stations only.
Be present right next to fuel pump while fuelling.
Always try to full tank in early morning- you will get more fuel for the same volume- early morning the density of fuel is higher as compared to daytime after sun rises.
Do not unnecessarily press clutch- I have that idiotic habit, even on slopes.
Avoid accelerating beyond recommended speed in particular gear.
Do not press accelerator pedal on slope downwards.
Keep sufficient distance between vehicle next to you and avoid urgent braking.
You will get the best mileage!
Anyone who wants to conduct a mileage test in Pune for Vista or any other vehicle , do let me know.