Refresh with Tata Vista Aura ABS - Initial Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #1
After lots of research through internet, actual dealership visits, Test drive of various makes, finally zeroed on Vista QJD Aura ABS. It is the only car which can satisfy my requirements-

1. It must be a Diesel Hatch- Huge difference in Petrol and Diesel Prices makes sense when you are planning to drive your vehicle around 2000 kms or more in a month. - Toyota Liva out of list.

2. Rear seat should accommodate 3 adults and they should be Comfortable for any length of the drive! Most of the times rear seat passengers are senior citizens. (Swift, Ritz, Figo, Beat out of list)

3. It should have safety features like ABS EBD. Comes only in top variant and the cost difference with other makes is considerable.

4. All four power windows are a must. (With driver override control, kids tend to play with them a lot), Figo out of competition.

5. Should have FE of 20 +.

6. Should have inbuilt features like ICE.

7. Price should be below 6.0 lacks. Not a budget constraint but it has relation with insurance premium which needs to be paid every year. Polo and i20 too much cost for little more refined fit and finish.

8. Decent looks- Ritz out of choice.

9. Should have warranty period of at least 4 years with affordable extended warranty cost.

10. Should have longer maintenance cycles- Lower ownership cost.

11. After Sales Service should have nationwide presence and it should be prompt- was only worried about ASS-this point but got convinced after discussing with friends and sharing their experiences.

So the short listing resulted in booking All new Vista Aura ABS Quadrajet Drivetech 4, also got the free insurance plus corporate discount of 5k, in addition to that got the loan @9%. Which was a dealmaker point too; with this amount saved I can spend that on enhancements accessories and Diesel for a year.

I have narrated above till the booking decision and basis for that, now the experience- well initial experience with dealership was good, Tata Has improved for sure in customer response but this joy didn’t lasted long. I booked for After Glow color and was expecting delivery in 10-15 days time, on 15th day exactly the surprise came instead of the Car, an email from Tata Motors that they have discontinued the color I had ordered.

I was furious immediately called the dealership I was about to cancel the booking, then calmed myself and asked for alternative and delivery period, fortunately porcelain White was available and I got the delivery in 4 days.

I was happy to get it delivered, but again that happiness doesn’t lasted long, I asked the dealership to deliver the vehicle in the morning around 10, made the confirmation on phone at least 4 times, the sales guy was very confident, I took a day off from office and my better half opt for half day (which was a wrong decision in the end) my daughter skipped her preschool.

We were about to leave home and I got a call from dealership and they asked me come around 11.00, I asked them what is the reason the answer was They are fitting Mud Flaps and floor mats (which hardly take 10 mins) I agreed and went there around 12.15 instead of 11gave them the sufficient time (Along with the all the material for POOJA and sweets and small gifts for sales guy and delivery guy) , but again it was a shocker the vehicle was not there at showroom, the delivery person in charge A lady( Strange!), told me that the vehicle will come within 10 -15 mins, I was very furious, asked her the reason she told me that there was some problem with Engine Hood and they needed to replace the cable, and for that they have taken the vehicle to workshop, it was beyond my control .

Straightly I walked into Showroom Manager's Cabin, asked him the clarification, I was smelling like something fishy is going on, he assured me that there was a genuine problem and promised me that he will personally look into it. In next 15 mins vehicle was there! They started cleaning the vehicle and preparation for Pooja.

One of the guys was cleaning my car with a dirty rough towel as soon as I noticed it I literally shouted on him and asked them to stop cleaning if they don’t know proper method. Finally I checked it by all means, each and every function, found two faults, Fuel tank lid had a Minor problem and the front door also had a very minor problem. The service guy took the photographs of both the problems I Noticed and Promised me to do it Free of cost along with complementary washing and cleaning of the vehicle to my satisfaction whenever I want! I made him call the GM of workshop and confirmed the same.

Well things settled down immediately, I checked ODO it was clicked to 59 Kms which was within acceptable limits, considering two trips from workshop to showroom and one trip to RTO (Which I am not sure of- If it is Mandatory) Finally I completed the documentation, done the Pooja and took charge of the mini cockpit. All my anger melted down as I turned the key. It was great experience I drove her to home, at round 3 pm and wife could not attend her office in second half as planned. Checked all the possible thing once again, everything was in order and as Expected.

Next thing was to put sun controls films- Reputed shop is next to my door and I know the owners, Put sun control film named Global a new brand from US, Diamond 50, for rear and windows and Safire 70 for front windscreen both have very good heat rejection properties and 3 years warranty Combo cost of 5.5 K. Also installed reverse sensors along with LCD display unit cost me @ 3.2k. Also added additional floor mats, sill plate for all four doors, Dashboard trim - wooden finish which was demanded by home ministry. Finalized seat cover leather color and design and ordered them, had a look at various alloy wheel designs couldn’t finalize the design though was in bit confusion. Will decide soon on that. The next day I got the Number plates fixed dealership people were very polite.

I drove her for around 1300 kms in around 25 days, experience was pretty good par expectation, FE was on little lower side I got @ 17-18 kmpl with fulltime AC on City and Highway mix. Important thing was there was not a single rattling sound inside cabin. Neither any unseal sound from outside the car. AC is extremely good, Beige interiors looks stunning. Everyone else in the family enjoyed the rear seat comfort and they are amazed with it, except me, No one drives in family except me very rare chances for me to get into rear seat.

Well regarding the overall driving experience, engine is butter smooth doesn’t feel like driving a diesel car, I used to drive Maruti 800 and Esteem for last 5 Years. It’s the same 1.3L Quadrajet engine by Fiat which installed under the hood of Swift, Ritz, Dzire, Manza, In addition to that New Vista enjoys a all new Drivetech4, 5 speed gearbox by Fiat under the belt, which make the drive really pleasant, ABS and EBD enhances the braking, haven’t done any harsh braking though but normal braking effect is good, I believe it is far superior than earlier version of Vista. Blaupukant ICE with Blue & Me is also very effective, Centrally Mounted instrument cluster feels little odd for few hours of driving once u get used it, it feels normal. To summarize it’s a real Value for money car, what else one can expect in Rs 6 lac car. Let’s hope that TATA Improves it’s after sales service . Done with the first service will write about it soon.

will write more when I drive her more....Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Refresh with Tata Vista Aura ABS-QJD DT4-Initial Ownership and delivery exp.

Congratulations!!!

That is an excellent looking centre console and seat you have got.
17-18 kmpl with fulltime AC on City and Highway mix.
an excellent FE from a new car.

Wishing you a great ownership with happy miles ahead.!!

edit:-Good to see the real vista face . i like this one looks much better than the new facelift ones.

350Z

Core Team
Drivetech, Welcome on board and Heartiest congratulations! Your review clearly shows that you thoroughly analyzed the requirements and researched for a new car accordingly. But sadly, Tata Motors’ Dealership attitude acted as a spoilsport. Nonetheless, You’re happy with car at the end of the day and that’s what matters the most. Wish you miles of ownership pleasure with Vista and keep updating this review with the time. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats on the new car drivetech.

Wish you miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.

Astonished to hear that there were 2 issues with the new car.
Had they disconnected it?

And whenever you leave the vehicle for A.S.S tell the SA in particular that the interiors are clean and should be given back in same condition.

Else these grease monkeys love the interiors to soil with dirt.

And what is the feature of new drivetech4 engine?
Is it completely different from Safire 90 / Quadrajet.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
@surfer Its Millenium Mobility, wakdewadi

Congrats on the new car drivetech.

Wish you miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.

Astonished to hear that there were 2 issues with the new car.
Had they disconnected it?

And whenever you leave the vehicle for A.S.S tell the SA in particular that the interiors are clean and should be given back in same condition.

Else these grease monkeys love the interiors to soil with dirt.

And what is the new drivetech4?
Thanks Mukesh
Drivetech 4 is the new gearbox sourced from Fiat it is also called as Eurotech. It is perfectly mated with Fiats 1.3 L engine, it has high torque at low RPM sepcially in third gear for City driving.

Drivetech, Welcome on board and Heartiest congratulations! Your review clearly shows that you thoroughly analyzed the requirements and researched for a new car accordingly. But sadly, Tata Motors’ Dealership attitude acted as a spoilsport. Nonetheless, You’re happy with car at the end of the day and that’s what matters the most. Wish you miles of ownership pleasure with Vista and keep updating this review with the time.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks A Lot 350Z, I guess you are an Administrator. Its been pleasure to land in Here! Its good that the community is open to all and likeminded persons can share good things. Registering here was a pleasant surprise I had very idiotic experience with one of the so called popular Forum site, don’t want to name only reason is to avoid them from getting more publicized ! All the best for TAI, Looking forward fro a wonderfull journey ahead alongwith all HUMSAFAR's![:)]

@drivetech4, hearty congrats for your new car. Wish you happy and safe motoring miles ahead
Thanks a Lot Carfreak!

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Thanks A Lot 350Z, I guess you are an Administrator. Its been pleasure to land in Here! Its good that the community is open to all and likeminded persons can share good things. Registering here was a pleasant surprise I had very idiotic experience with one of the so called popular Forum site, don’t want to name only reason is to avoid them from getting more publicized ! All the best for TAI, Looking forward fro a wonderfull journey ahead alongwith all HUMSAFAR's!
Thanks for the kind words. You’ll have a trouble free experience here and we can assure that. Just contact us whenever you need help.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Many hearty congratulations on the new ride drivetech! And welcome aboard! That was one good selection process and you have landed yourself a great VFM car in diesel category. It is a good car to own and being driven in around [:)] Few glitches at the time of sales/delivery are okay, as everyone working around is a human after all. You can get the best out of situations by remaining calm as you did!

Seat covers and dash really contrasts and feels nice. I have heard drivetech4 really matches well with the engine though never got a chance to test it myself. May be sooner. Anyway happy mile crunching[cheers]

Thread Starter #11
@Thetraveller Thanks a lot, A lot of effort, time n vitamin M is put in to get the Art leather skin fit Seat Covers, Sill Plates and Dash trim . But I am really satisfied with the work done, It really feel great from Inside! I mean it....Inside![:)]

Hello drivetech4 welcome to TAI and congratulations on your purchase. Vista is a very under-rated car mainly due to the poor image of TATA here compared to the Japs. Even i faced few glitches while getting my Aria delivered but nothing serious just the delivery got delayed.

Your seat covers are looking nice , the wooden trim also looks good. Where did you get the sill plates from? Do get a nice set of alloys soon , will enhance the looks of the car greatly. And personally i have a feeling White car looks great with after-market alloys.

Hope you din't face much hassles during your first service and the issues were rectified.

Thread Starter #13
Hello drivetech4 welcome to TAI and congratulations on your purchase. Vista is a very under-rated car mainly due to the poor image of TATA here compared to the Japs. Even i faced few glitches while getting my Aria delivered but nothing serious just the delivery got delayed.

Your seat covers are looking nice , the wooden trim also looks good. Where did you get the sill plates from? Do get a nice set of alloys soon , will enhance the looks of the car greatly. And personally i have a feeling White car looks great with after-market alloys.

Hope you din't face much hassles during your first service and the issues were rectified.
Thanks colldhaya! Yes I agree Vista is really under-rated car, First mistake Tata did is they added Indica name to it which was not required at all Many people I intreacted with (All well qualified) don’t even know that Vista is altogether different car than Indica [frustration] Also they don’t know that, Swift,Ritz, Dzire,Manza, SX4 and Vista All diesel variant has the same engine, In addition to that new Vista also has all new gearbox by Fiat. [clap] If the car is having world class Engine and gearbox what remains is the Body and Tires, for the body I think Tata uses the best quality material, also the plastic quality has alos improved, It has got ABS as well which is outsourced, Stock tires are Bridgestone which is also good.
Also Tata really missed the wave to advertise the Vista through proper channels. One can compromise on Fit and Finish if he gets real value for money.

Regarding Alloy wheels I am in dilemma, I wanted to install 15" tires but I am not sure if the warranty conditions allow it. Will decide on 14"alloys soon, It was first priority on my list but unfortunately it is still pending.

First service experience was good.

Last edited:

Top Bottom