The All New Black Hyundai Verna Fluidic Arrives

Thread Starter #1
After countless calls and arguments with the dealer, finally the car arrived the dealership on 12th of July, exactly 2 months after booking.

to view my booking experience click:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/test-drive-reviews/3968-hyundai-fluidic-verna-road-test-review-3.html#post81053

The same day our very own tamilnadu government had increased 2% VAT which made me pay Rs19000 more [cry]! After this mini-heart attack I settled the total amount on 14th morning! After registration and stuff I got a call from the dealer to take my car on 15th July 5p.m.

Filled with excitement I reached the showroom by 5 and the car was being made ready for delivery. That is the first time I got to see the car. After finishing all the formalities and stuff I was finally handed over the keys along with a box of chocolates :) The car looked stunning in black! The car almost turned everyone's head who went by!

By 6pm I left the dealership with a huge smile, and I noticed car's instrument cluster had a yellow light glowing, which reminded me that it needs some quick re-fueling. straight i went to a pump, Filled the tank fully, to my surprise the tank could only take 38.33L!(little less than 5L was still there in the tank ), as soon as i left the bunk I made trip computer reset to zero! Before reaching home I got a chance to feel the pleasure of the rocket acceleration while turbo kicking in, It was heaven :)

The same night I took it to the by-pass road next to my house for a quick trip to see the high speed behavior. The car's acceleration is just amazing, even though i dint push it to the maximum it still felt very quick. The steering was direct and weighed up well after 40kmph. The braking was good but the ride was really bouncy! Returned home after a 30km trip little unhappy because of the bounciness.

Next day I put 3M RE-35 sumfilm on the sides and rear wind shield, then I headed to fill-up nitrogen. There came the shock!! The tyre pressure was 41psi on all 4 tyres [surprise]. I then filled up nitrogen to 31psi after sucking out the air from the tyre! Then on that night I again went to same road and voila no bounciness!! It felt smooth and all the road's unevenness was soaked up well!

The mileage is decent although not that extraordinary like I was expecting! I started with a highway trip after fuel refill so it showed 18.6kmpl which gradually reduced now to 15.4 kmpl after 4 days of city driving! I will update the exact mileage after I refill the tank next time(full tank to full tank method), As of today the distance to empty shows 103kms. and I have done 496kms after fuel refill(on the day on delivery). I hope the mileage will improve over time.

On Sunday I managed to wax and polish my black beauty it just looks marvelous.

Attachments

verna

Suspended
Wow man !!! Stunning [thumbsup][thumbsup]
And welcome to the ANHV club !!
Yours alloys go well with the colour of your car ;) mine don't match the colour. Thats why I've been thinking lately of switching to Black alloys...

"The new music system with Bluetooth and Steering wheel mounted controls. Sound was equivalent to the old Verna’s stock player." This was your point no. 7 in your feedback/review given about the verna fluidic on Review Page by Akash.

Hey, tell me one thing Blackdiesel dude.
Any idea about the what brand is the stock HU and speakers and tweeters in the All New Hyundai Verna Fluidic ?
HU+4 speakers+2 tweeters. Give good enough sound(Mid and Treble is fine but Bass is manageable). Was thinking of an Upgrade since long but no idea of the stock ICE so don't know what will be the best kind of upgrade. Don't want to change the HU or add components. Just a Sub-woofer enclosure/tube with an Amp will be fine and will give the PUNCH i think !!
Have tried many possibilities starting from Clarion Sub/Amp(getting them is tough), Rockford Fosgate Sub/Amp(turning out to be quite expensive but good though), JBL Sub/Amp, Blaupunkt Sub/Amp.

I am thinking of getting

(1)JBL GT5-1204BP
1100W 12"(300mm)
Band-Pass Subwoofer Box
(2)JBL GT5-S422
300W 2-Channel Power Amplifier

Think this should do the trick :) Actually, I don't want to change the HU or meddle much with the original interiors.

Thread Starter #6
Wow man !!! Stunning [thumbsup][thumbsup]
And welcome to the ANHV club !!
Yours alloys go well with the colour of your car ;) mine don't match the colour. Thats why I've been thinking lately of switching to Black alloys...

"The new music system with Bluetooth and Steering wheel mounted controls. Sound was equivalent to the old Verna’s stock player." This was your point no. 7 in your feedback/review given about the verna fluidic on Review Page by Akash.

Hey, tell me one thing Blackdiesel dude.
Any idea about the what brand is the stock HU and speakers and tweeters in the All New Hyundai Verna Fluidic ?
HU+4 speakers+2 tweeters. Give good enough sound(Mid and Treble is fine but Bass is manageable). Was thinking of an Upgrade since long but no idea of the stock ICE so don't know what will be the best kind of upgrade. Don't want to change the HU or add components. Just a Sub-woofer enclosure/tube with an Amp will be fine and will give the PUNCH i think !!
Have tried many possibilities starting from Clarion Sub/Amp(getting them is tough), Rockford Fosgate Sub/Amp(turning out to be quite expensive but good though), JBL Sub/Amp, Blaupunkt Sub/Amp.

I am thinking of getting

(1)JBL GT5-1204BP
1100W 12"(300mm)
Band-Pass Subwoofer Box
(2)JBL GT5-S422
300W 2-Channel Power Amplifier

Think this should do the trick :) Actually, I don't want to change the HU or meddle much with the original interiors.
hey! I am not a big fan of listening to music with heavy bass which these subwoofers produce! So have no experience

Horns> I went to the local shop to fit Hella black trumpet horns but the shop guys were not ready to work on the car as they had to remove the whole front bumper. They advised me to buy the horns and ask the authorized service guys to fit them. Can anyone throw some idea or suggestion on this.

Music System/ HU The Bluetooth integrated HU is convenient but it can only attend calls or just redial the last dialed number on the phone, There is no option to browse through phone book to dial a no. or not even manually dail a number! If feels its really useless feature as it lacks the major part of it. Considering the fiesta's voice aided system it can make calls to a desired no.

Good choice blackdiesel, Congrats on your new ride.

The black cat is looking cool with those curves.

Wish you miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.[:)]

verna

Suspended
hey! I am not a big fan of listening to music with heavy bass which these subwoofers produce! So have no experience

Horns> I went to the local shop to fit Hella black trumpet horns but the shop guys were not ready to work on the car as they had to remove the whole front bumper. They advised me to buy the horns and ask the authorized service guys to fit them. Can anyone throw some idea or suggestion on this.

Music System/ HU The Bluetooth integrated HU is convenient but it can only attend calls or just redial the last dialed number on the phone, There is no option to browse through phone book to dial a no. or not even manually dail a number! If feels its really useless feature as it lacks the major part of it. Considering the fiesta's voice aided system it can make calls to a desired no.
Hey cool ! I got a Hella Black trumpet fitted too ;)
But I did a mistake that I was stuck with a bad dealer and a bad shop from where I bought the horn [frustration]
The dealer told me that it will take him more than 2-3 hours to change the horn (P.S. The guys at the dealership have undergone no training about the New Verna and don't even know how to start the car using Start/Stop button) etc etc !!! So , sir please get a Job-card and wait in the queue... I lost my patience, and went back to the shop and and got it fitted there...
And you know what, the fellow connected the 2 hella black trumpet horns with an existing stock hella horn.. As a result, he cut up some wires in the car( making me loose warranty, but does it really matter ??)!!!! And charged me 100 bucks fitting charges too !!!
So got a horrible sound as the output.. Finally, one of my drivers detected a stock horn connected along with the new horns and got the entire thing re-wired and connected (i mean, he did it himself)!!
Long long story... But interesting, isn't it ?? lol

And now, I have hella black trumpet
5000 K diamond vision Philips
6700 K Philips parking LEDs (they look amazing)

Good choice blackdiesel, Congrats on your new ride.

The black cat is looking cool with those curves.

Wish you miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.
Black-cat/ Black-beauty... Anything you can call her !!
She looks a stunner.

Cheers !![thumbsup]

^^^
Congrats on the purchase black diesel! The car is looking hottt! I have never seen it in black. The pics are awesome and the last pic is the best, full aggressive!
Drive Safe and do keep us updated regarding the mileage! Also good luck for maintaining the colour BLACK!!![thumbsup]

Last edited:
Killer! The car is absolutely breath-taking. I can't stop myself from looking at the pictures again and again. Congratulations blackdiesel. Wish you miles of happiness!

I'm sure the mileage will definitely improve after the first service.

Just a few questions :

1. What brand are the tyres?
2. What is the ground clearance?
3. How is the comfort at the rear seat?

Please do post some interior pics as well.

Thread Starter #12
Killer! The car is absolutely breath-taking. I can't stop myself from looking at the pictures again and again. Congratulations blackdiesel. Wish you miles of happiness!

I'm sure the mileage will definitely improve after the first service.

Just a few questions :

1. What brand are the tyres?
2. What is the ground clearance?
3. How is the comfort at the rear seat?

Please do post some interior pics as well.
1. Bridgestone B250 195/55 R16 (these tyres are not available outside in market with these specification, may be specially made for verna), only B350 205/55 R16 is available.

2. Its 165mm, its not a issue for me, but then it is less, I have already scratched twice underneath till now on the same speed breaker.

3.rear seats are low and if u r short u will be completely isolated from outside view but u will enjoy the seat comforts, but if u r tall u will feel there is no under thigh support. but the quality of cushion is good and soft and its reclined correctly to support the back, I personally liked the seats but wont rate it as gr8 though.

Top Bottom