Platinum Beauty Has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI

Thread Starter #1
After a long dilemma and sleepless nights narrowed down on Ford Fiesta, you can refer to my buying decision thread over here

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196

Atlast my platinum beauty arrived today in glaze and smile, due to an auspicious belief and delayed registration process I had to push the delivery of the vehicle to Wednesday. Today I was present with my dad & my friend at MPL Ford sharp at 11:00AM and I started doing my final PDI check to confirm if anything had changed since the time I did my second level PDI in the showroom. Everything was perfect and MPL ford had diligently rectified the complaints which I had noted to them.

Completed the PDI check and found that the rear mud flap was not attached properly and they rectified it in a minute (Somehow I am blessed with an eye for detail…I think so[;)]). Then came the tough part, document signature...completed all formalities and signed the papers by 1:40PM. All set and ready to roll my beauty on road… the dealer had arranged for Pooja and then the key handing over session. I started the engine and was confused whether it was running or not… It’s very quiet and no vibrations noticed.
I have been repeatedly reminding myself that this is a new car and I am not going to rip her till 1000 Kms atleast . Directly went to sun film fixing, you cannot imagine the pain I went through when I saw my baby literally torn apart to fix the sun film. Everything set and the vehicle is back to its original condition. Good work done by 3M. After that took the vehicle to the temple to do another pooja. Now the time is 6:30 PM, I am already tired and I want to come back home and start to office. I ensured that I am not crossing 2500RPM and I was able to cruise at 60Km comfortably without any issues and not much of gear changes required in tight city traffic situation.

Overall I am satisfied with my decision... Go Fida

Minor hiccups
1.Mileage noted was around 8.5…again this is not Full tank test. I would reserve my comments till I do a full tank test and update the thread.

2.No freebies from the dealer, not even a air freshener. I would have a separate talk on that with the sales manager after sometime.

3.I had given 10K to block the allotment and it was agreed that the dealer would return this amount at the time of delivery and I do not have the cheque with me till now. When contacted, they apologized and said it would be ready by Monday.

4.The technical advisor assigned for demo did not have any clue about the engine. I think they get some kind of training to repeat whats been told to them. Few of his findings are

My question:
Where is the radiator and how can i open the cap?

His answer
Ford Fiesta does not have a radiator and whatever i have to do it should be done in the coolant tank [lol]

My question
What is the coolant used and what should be the amount of coolant i need to have on stock?

His Answer
No sir,No need to have any stock as evrything is covered by Ford, it will be taken care by authorised service rep [frustration]

My question
What is fuel inertia switch and where is it located ? (I know the answer but wanted to ask him to check his reaction)

His Answer
Fuel inertia switch is used to release air lock in a petrol vehicle and it is situated near the engine... (I asked him to show the switch, he opened the bonnet and was searching for it and then called someone over the phone and then informed me fuel inertia switch does not come in petrol vehicle and it is available only in Diesel)

I cant stop laughing at this point and i said thanks for your demo, I can read and write english and the user manual would be sufficient for me. What a Jerk, He did not come to me after that and i wanted him to be near me when i was testing the radio and other stuff and i was teaching him how stuff works.

5. No remote for the audio system. Damn a 7 Lac car's audio system does not have a remote... what a joke... but still i liked the finish of the audio system. (Can anyone confirm this with any of your friends?)

I am all set for my Trip to Tirunelveli for Diwali celebration with my family. Good that I am getting the chance to complete the running in period by this trip.
I am trying to upload the photos...But my system is giving some error messages. Please hold on till I get this error rectified and upload the pics.

Accesories fitted till now:
Rear & Side sun film - 3M RE35
Front Windshield - 3M CR70 (Believe me the glare reduction is amazing as of the initial looks) i can post the results after some regular night usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new car. Nice write-up.

Make sure have a control over your baby as certain sections on the way to Tirunelveli would tempt you to floor the accelerator.

napster

Suspended
congratulations interceptor on your new ride :)
have a great time with your new ride..and do upload some pics

350Z

Core Team
Once again Congratulations on your Ford Fiesta Intreceptor, You've purchased it on a good time. Quite funny and surprising to know what kind of people Ford has appointed for Demo. Its nice that your overall experience was fine and hope it keeps at same level in future as well.

Waiting for the images and your complete review.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Congratulations man!
Post some pics soon and don't let the car go above 2500rpm during run-in periods.

Thread Starter #9
Some Pics

----------Next Post------------
Congratulations man!
Post some pics soon and don't let the car go above 2500rpm during run-in periods.
Sorry i tried a lot to control, it was not easy to leave this baby less than 2500 Rpm. Maintained above 2500 and below 3000 RPM till about 500Kms and then slowly took her above 3000RPM and below 3200RPM. Only once it had touched 4000RPM. [shock] touched 160 easily

Will write the review on my trip to tiruvelveli after i reach Chennai. Tomorrow i am travelling and i have lots of experience to share. :)

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
Beautiful!!
I love the stock dials! The keys look weird to me! Suzuki keys are so much more broader!

Beautiful!!
I love the stock dials! The keys look weird to me! Suzuki keys are so much more broader!
Ha Ha! The ford keys are not the normal keys!

Most of the Ford vehicles comes with his key only !

They have their own security standards in Key itself & it doesn't allow Burglars to steal the car easily [thumbsup]

Congratulations [:)]

Like your color selection.

Crossing the RPM mark doesn't matter. Just make sure you cross the mark in a sane way.[:D]

Congo ones again.

Top Bottom