Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 10,000 Kms - 1 Year Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
I still remember the day when I used to play with toy cars. The one used to work with several AA size batteries and a small remote control. I mean 20 years back to be precise. Cars have always been an exciting factor in my life. I guess it’s a common mentality with every guy. Sometimes questions used to pop out of my mind about when am I going to get one. I still remember the school days when my jaw used to drop down after seeing BMWs roadside. At that time, I had one AXN cycle and I used to think of getting a gear cycle (That’s the time gear cycles were introduced in India).

It was sometime back in the year 2006, a fine morning 2AM I was lying in a college lawn and was eagerly waiting for an interview result. Oh yeah!!! I got selected. Hmmm... I was staring at a Camry that was parked inside the college campus. What else could run in my mind? I hope you caught my thoughts.

July 7th 2007 (07 – 07 – 07) is the day I started my career. Years ran and the dreams that got triggered out of mind also increased proportionally.

March 21st 2009, My father found the craze I had on cars. “Son, why can’t we buy a car??” You know what, I was dancing in my room.

Now, I’ll stop with this. You all better grab a pack of chips and get your seats adjusted. In this review, I’ll take you all to a roller coaster ride about what ups and downs I faced when I bought my car.

Re: Fiesta 1.6 Zxi - 10000 Kms - 1 Year ownership review

Good start to this thread buddy , waiting for the next part now!

Very nice write up, straight from heart. I am hooked to this thread already. Needless to say, i am eager to see your Fiesta. Looks like my wait is over.

350Z

Core Team

Brilliant start, Marun. Such an impressive write up that it deserves five stars right away. Cannot wait for more. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

A very good way to start with![thumbsup]

I am subcribing to this thread right away!

Thread Starter #8

After dancing like hell, gave a call to one of my friend who bought a swift VXI sometime back.

Me: Hi mate, I am planning to buy a car.
Friend: That’s great. When is the treat???
Me: Dumbo!!! Let me buy first.
Friend: When are you going to buy and what will be the budget?
Me: Thinking of getting some wagon types.
Friend: There are no many models available.
Me: Yeah I know that mate. Why can’t we hunt for a used one?

It all started there. The hunt begins there for used cars. There were only 3 options in wagon type.
Ford Fusion
Tata Indica Marina
Chevy Optra SRV

In the meanwhile, I had a serious discussion with dad. You know what??? I got an amazing deal lucky me.

Dad: What are you planning for son. What model are you looking for.
Me: I am looking for some Wagons. It will be more spacious for us. (Family of 5)
Dad: That’s cool. (We had a discussion about the budget and told dad that I am looking for a used cars)

There comes a rocking deal!!!

Dad: Dear, are you really going to buy a used car???
Me: Yes dad. Let’s see what sort of deal we get there.
Dad: I think I have some thing for you.
Me: hmmm… (What is that??? Anything surprising??? OMG he already booked or what??? He did the same thing when I bought a bike. Not again god!!!)
Dad: Son, I’ll get you an ALTO or WAGONR for your birthday. (What??? A family of 5 won’t be able to manage. Hehee no paisa from my pocket)
Me: No dad, I am looking for some wagons. Checking with used car dealers to get a nice deal. (Mind had serious arrays of thoughts. Dad is planning to get me an alto. Shall we go for this or we shall proceed with the used cars?? )
Me: Errr… (serious thoughts)!!!!
Me: Let me think about it and let you know.
Dad: ok son. Take you time and be careful in choosing one.

Every night on bed!!! So many serious questions!!! Shall we take that deal?? Or shall we continue looking for some used cars??

What have I decided?? Nope not now pals!!! Wait wait wait!!!

Good continuation , even i have had many sleepless nights like those trying to find the perfect car for me!

350Z

Core Team

You know the best part about your review? It’s straight from the heart and describes exactly the same situation which many car buyers have to go through. Keep it up.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

Keeping the deal my father gave on one hand and the craze about wagons on other, I finally decided to drop the deal and again started hunting for used cars.

Come on!!! Why the hell on earth Google is for? I started browsing the entire used car websites one after the other. I very well know that wagons have never been successful in India. The options I had were very less in used car market.

May 6, 2009, Fine day it was. The day I started my hunt in used cars market. I used to sort down the wagons available in and around Chennai. Saturdays and Sundays make my car hunt quiet progressive.
Myself and my friend in a 2 year old Splendor plus bike (Yeah yeah!!! The same my father gifted me all of a sudden.) used to roam all over Chennai.

After 2 weeks from the start of hunt, we saw a fusion and it looked good. How innocent I am. Forced my friend to have a look and finish the deal. We found something fishy with the tires and came to know it already met a terrible accident.

The search continued like this for some more months. My patience level went down gradually. The things we learned out of these hunt were enormous. All the gimmicks and tricks we have been pushed into were huge.

July 8, 2009, one more round of conversation with my dad!!!

Dad: Son, what happened??? Were you able to find a used car???
Me: Not yet. I am still looking at it.
Dad: Why can’t you just leave this wagon craze and go for sedan??
Me: Alright!!! (That sounded good. We shall try to find some sedans. Cant have a wagon war anymore. Am I getting some instincts?? Yeah I am. )

What sort of instinct is that??? What else could you think?? Exactly yes!!! Why not a new car??? Let’s leave the idea of buying used ones. All kind of insects were dancing in my stomach.

Me: Dad!! Why done we go for new one?
Dad: If that’s your wish, we shall head over to showroom and book one.
Me: Wow!!! (Dad accepted instantly. Wonders are happening around)
Dad: We shall go after 2 weeks. I got some work. (What!!! Tw…..two weeks!!!! OMG I can’t sleep)
Me: Okay!!! (With a low tone).

Do you think I sat idle for those 2 weeks??? No way.
Was reading all the wagon reviews!!! I just dropped marina in my list.
So checkpoint remained strong on Chevy and Ford.

2 weeks passed just like that. So fast time is!!! Then what happened???
Not now please. Shouldn’t reveal all instantly. What will I do in office on Monday then??? How will I pass my weekends? :P

Last edited:

What an ownership review. Beautiful.I have no patience.I am happy that you at lead told which is the car you have got at end.

Ha ha man you have good writing skills!

And what a great dad you have , he is accepting all your proposals instantly![;)]

hey thats excellent write up man..eagerly awaiting to know how you bought fiesta. update it ASAP [:D]

Top Bottom