Maruit Ritz VDI 35k+ Long Term Update

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
After much time spending on reading the reviews of other members I think I am now ready to give one of mine. It will take time to compile all of the things but here is a Jist of service costs which i have spent.

Vehicle :Maruti Ritz VDI BS4 Delivery date 19th July 2009

1st Free Service (Labor FOC)
Oil+Oil filter change -771+334= 1105 (Servo 15W40)

2nd Free Service (FOC)
No oil change

3rd Free Service (Labor FOC)
Oil+Oil filter change -655+334= 989 (Servo 15W40) (don't know why price was less this time)

4th Paid Service
Brake lining and Full brake service -750
LHR RHR wheel bearings changed (under warranty) there was a loud grinding noise from rear at speeds above 80kph after lot of diagnostics wheel bearings were replaced- Problem solved
Paid Service -750
Wheel Alignment-250
Total 1750 (with tax)

5th Paid (odo 20636)
20 K service done
O & OF-1105
Wheel Balancing and Aligining-250+250
Air Filter replace-230.22
Exchange filter-1070
Gear Oil change-583
Paid service-750
total: 4239 (rounded off)

6th Paid (odo 28901) done at sai service lower parel mumbai
EGR cleaning -2000
Brakes full service - 1400 (was 750 at my car pune)
Paid Service-1000 (was 700 at my car pune)
PUC-120
Total: 4520

Odo has clocked 35k+ please advice if it is ok to do another service now.

Only the last service was done at mumbai by my sis since me and my wife were at US. It was a wrong decision to tell her to give my car to those goons. They charged very heavily and since i was not there to argue and she didnt knew about this and its only when i called her and got to know that she paid 4520[frustration] 2000 labor cost is huge.

Well can't do anything now. The total cost to me till now is 12603

I will post the pics soon. With a write-up on car's performance.

For the time being here is a picture of the engine bay (i clean it myself once a week, cleaned it today and shot the pic)

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ritz VDI 35k+ long term update

Thanks for adding up all those service details, fusion_defusion. But some pictures are required to spice up this thread. Looking forward to read the full review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for adding up all those service details, fusion_defusion. But some pictures are required to spice up this thread. Looking forward to read the full review.
fusion_defusion,
me too glad to know all that details and looking forward for more from you.

happy riding you ritzy..!!

FD congratulations on your ritzy diesel, best DDis multijet to drive with.Amazing torque with superbly matched gearbox, though its style and looks didnt appealed to many but then its to one's eyes.6th service seemed to be on higher side with service charges nearly 2k.Keep updating with more info and more pictures as well.Enjoy.

Nice Service details. Did you get it from authorized dealer ? . Why did you do 4th paid service before 20k kms ? is it because of the wheel bearing problems ? If that is the case why did you pay them for the service Rs 750?
Your car looks very clean from inside too. Good to see you take good care of your car. Keep going
cheers

Thread Starter #6

Drive Safe,
350Z
Definitely 350Z i will post the pics soon

fusion_defusion,
me too glad to know all that details and looking forward for more from you.

happy riding you ritzy..!!
Thanks i will provide a detailed experience so far with my car

FD congratulations on your ritzy diesel, best DDis multijet to drive with.Amazing torque with superbly matched gearbox, though its style and looks didnt appealed to many but then its to one's eyes.6th service seemed to be on higher side with service charges nearly 2k.Keep updating with more info and more pictures as well.Enjoy.
Ya 6th service was done when I was in US by my sis, she knows very little about these things and thought that this is a regular bill they charge for car service.

Nice Service details. Did you get it from authorized dealer ? . Why did you do 4th paid service before 20k kms ? is it because of the wheel bearing problems ? If that is the case why did you pay them for the service Rs 750?
Your car looks very clean from inside too. Good to see you take good care of your car. Keep going
cheers
Thanks, I did that service before 20K because of a planned US trip which got cancelled it was a 6months project and wanted to service the car before going since my sis was going to use the car, bad luck for me!! and thanks for the compliment about keeping the car cleaned. I hate to see dust when I pop the hood of my car.

Last edited:
Really thankful to you for giving exact details and shows that rity is very happy in your hands.
Our swift is a little expensive to maintain than your ritz i think.The cost of 6th paid service which included wheel alignment was 6300.Will put a long term ownership our swift after a few days.

Thread Starter #8
Really thankful to you for giving exact details and shows that rity is very happy in your hands.
Our swift is a little expensive to maintain than your ritz i think.The cost of 6th paid service which included wheel alignment was 6300.Will put a long term ownership our swift after a few days.
Thanks pc(shortformed your handle :)). Waiting to see how your Swift is treating you.

Driving experience so far
Ride Quality
The ride quality is still smooth (will complete 3 yrs in July). I have literally sat only thrice on the back seat of my car so far and that too in city only, but have never heard any complaints from others about bumpiness or stuff like that. On the front seats I never had any problems with the ride expect a few times while cornering on high speed I feel the body roll is on the higher side but still less than esteem which i had earlier.

Engine
The engine is smooth but the in-cabin noise is higher than swift IMO and far too loud than the Indica Vista QJD but again there's another part to it, the turbo whistle!! its more audible(though not that loud) but again better than swift and the indica. So far i have been using the M.A.S.S recommended engine oil but soon going to change to Mobil Delvac MX and see is there any difference really or the Maruti recommended is enough.

Fuel Efficiency(All figures with A/C On always)
Worst: 15kpl
Average: 19 kpl
Best : 23.46 kpl

Tire conditions
Still on stock and no signs of wear

Scratches,Dents
One major scratch on RHS wheel arch -pic posted (random scratches and paint ripped off happened while taking car out of my parking)
One scratch on the bonnet (some fool used his keys i think to make that scratch happened a shopping mall's parking lot)

* Sorry for the grainy picture quality, I do not have a digicam. Have mobile mobile cam only.

Attachments

nice ownership report.
On the front seats I never had any problems with the ride expect a few times while cornering on high speed I feel the body roll is on the higher side but still less than esteem which i had earlier.
though rear is bit cramped ritz have better ride quality than swift may be due to softer suspensions hence the body roll .

i wonder why there is so much of engine noise comparitively .this car also uses same mutlijet engine is'nt it?
anyway average of 19 with full ac is mouth watering.

ps:picture could have been better i wish i could see your head unit and ice setup more clearly

wishing you the best.

Thread Starter #10
@jayadev will try to hold my hand still while taking the picture. Again, I don't have a digicam only mobile cam, but will try to shoot a better quality.

Nice review.
My ritzu completed 3k in one month
But FE is not good as yours...
I feel a turbo lague between 1-2 RPM
Today speedo meter needle touch 145 mark......
I feel proud that still at that speed I can control my ritzu .......

Good review and thanks for sharing the service costs , it will surely help other's who are looking to buy a Ritz.

Service interval for Ritz must be 10k KMS or 6 months whichever is earlier always follow this schedule unless you face any problems with your car.

And why has been wheel balancing and alignment done each time during service? I don think they need to be done unless you face some problems.

Thread Starter #15
@sbtrajesh turbo lag is there but get used to clutch slipping and you wont feel it.The FE i get is due to my sedate driving styles i never cross 2k mark in any of the gear and also i don't cross 2k mark in top gear i remember doing that only once and that too on the pune-mum expressway for nearly 10 mins. But just for the feel of the turbo punch I cross 2k mark but very rarely.

@cooldhaya thanks for your comments. I keep in mind the service intervals but my job profile which has frequent 2-4 months US trip makes me do the service before I go and everytime it has cancelled just after I am done with the service. But I don't have a visa now for US and expect to do a service not before 39k mark.

Top Bottom