My Pegasus - Hyundai Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.7

Thread Starter #1
A sudden twist in the scene? Guess what?

Got a 2003 Accent CRDi this evening at around 7PM in Chennai. Car is still on its way to Pondicherry. Both Ilango & our garage mechanic Joseph came to chennai for this today. They came in one accent and are returning with two![;)]

Yet another Accent in TAI stable!

Details of the car below:

Car: Hyundai Accent CRDi
Year : April 2003 registered.
Owner: Single
Odo reading: 63,350 kms
Colour: Silver (my third car in the same colour)
Rate: 2.15 lakhs

External appearence:
1) Car needs a little tinkering/painting work. Will be done after a month
2) Spoiler in the boot. Have to check if it can be fixed
3) Ilango suggessted head lamp change; do not know the reason yet. yet to discuss
4) One brake light not working
5) Driver side power window not functioning
6) Needs external/internal cleaning

Mechanical condition:

1) Slight engine noise than usual. needs check
2) Brakes needs to be serviced/changed. Will be doing it in a week or two
3) AC gas needs re-filling. Will be going in for a complete AC service tomorrow
4) Starter motor has to be checked/serviced. Some unusual noise at ignition

To sum it up, got a diesel car with decent pick up and pretty much enough suspension action left in it.

4 Tyres are Michelin XM1+ with atleast 60% life left in it. Spare tyre is done. Needs replacement.

Alloys - some base model Aura 14" alloys for all 5 wheels.

For pics, I myself am waiting for Ilango to upload some. I do not have any with me now.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Buying a Pre-owned SUV under Rs.2 Lakhs

Gosh. That's a real surprise. The Safari would have been exciting but the Accent CRDi is no bad either. Congratulations and looking forward to the updates.

PS: Moving this post as new thread in ownership section.

Drive Safe,
350Z

re: My pre-owned 2003 Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.2

Congrts Gokul[gun]. Accent was a better buy than that of Safari. I dont think tht safari was worth 1.75k for an 2000 model one. I see in paper's that people are welling to sell their safari's for 80-90k for 2001 model itself.

Gosh , so soon update.
Just now a 2 min back i stepped into home and logged into tai.

car is not so pleasant to see. Do not expect the body condition as mine.

this one is singara chennai car. dent all over - all are regular traffic made.
almost all area are repainted and dented again.

power window of driver side do not work.
AC doesnt work.

So how lucky is my mech to drive them?
Tyres are good and bigger , but i think its 13 incher. yet to take a close look.

Car is stinking with dampness. Have to keep the car open for 2 days in hot sun.
Engine do have some mild noises added with them , Mech suspect valve. If its valve thing , it will be allowed to develope and then service - since valve replace and servicing head is costly and time eating one and not a big harm for regular drive for present
This noise can be found only on higher rpm and not so audible for normal people. its mechy spl sound haha

Rest all after i see/drive the car in morning.

350Z

Core Team

I'm just curious - how come did the plan suddenly change resulting in an immediate decision? Couldn't the Safari owner find his RC? No offense though, but you guys could have researched more to find a perfect example so that you do not need to replace the cars soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I'm just curious - how come did the plan suddenly change resulting in an immediate decision? Couldn't the Safari owner find his RC? No offense though, but you guys could have researched more to find a perfect example so that you do not need to replace the cars soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Safari guy didnt say anything , nor picking up his safari from the garage.
Gonna pust them to road one day. eating up a big space[evil]

Hope this one must be settled , Diesel . power / good image .

took a picture in night with 2 accent , sadly only head lamp are visible in picture.

too tired , gonna sleep pictures and update tommorow

350Z

Core Team

So what if he comes back with the RC? I'm sure that he won't be too happy to know when you will decline this deal.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

So what if he comes back with the RC? I'm sure that he won't be too happy to know when you will decline this deal.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Deal was to deliver the car on April 16th, I was there at the garage with full cash to take deilvery and these guys did not turn up. So, I guess they will be ok with this.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Did not find more time for doing research on cars available as usual like when we bought Baleno and ikon, Thanks to hectic work schedule.

Needed a car that will be more practical for day to day use in city for my office commute. Hot summer in Chennai and me in noon shift is being a big pain!

So, decided on this without much thoughts. Being a diesel, it will be less burden on my pocket considering my monthly travel.

Filled for 1000 bucks today after getting the car. A whopping 25 lts and had a big smile in the face[:D]!

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Deal was to deliver the car on April 16th, I was there at the garage wish full cash to take deilvery and these guys did not turn up. So, I guess they will be ok with this.
Ah. That's sounds fair enough. Hope you have a good time ahead with the Accent, because CRDi was truly the most value for money variant. Don't forget to post the pictures and updates as soon as you begin to refurbish it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

hmmm no safari [cry] well accent is not bad . My all dream came crashing of leh trip in 4X4 [evil]
As usual No congrats till i see car pic

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats Gokul for the new purchase. It was like sudden twist in the tale your guys brought this car. Was expecting you guys to make that Leh trip so slightly disappointed for now.

Thread Starter #13

hmmm no safari [cry] well accent is not bad . My all dream came crashing of leh trip in 4X4 [evil]
As usual No congrats till i see car pic
Congrats Gokul for the new purchase. It was like sudden twist in the tale your guys brought this car. Was expecting you guys to make that Leh trip so slightly disappointed for now.
Thanks auto_luver.

@mastersquall & auto_luver, the LEH trip is not cancelled yet. We have the CRDi rite? can go in that also! May be it will not be as exciting as it would be in the safari but still the travel would be good. Will be planning for that once I get financially stabilised.

For now, looking at sources for vitamin M to get this accent to good condition. Will be back soon with updates!

Last edited by a moderator:

Good that Leh trip is not cancelled . if you guys are planning in an accent crdi than I can as well follow your car in my swift VDi [;)]

then i would suggest just invest enough that car runs ok because after LEH trip lot of work will be needed atleast that's what people say . Myself is planning to go LEH this year in September once i find 3more guys so that we can share cost of travel .

Top Bottom