Originally Posted by Akash
Engine overhaul? Any specific reason for it?
Originally Posted by mastersquall
just 64k and engine is going for overhaul
Yup, The car was not genuine 63K kms as it was on the odo. Checked the same with hyundai A.S.S when I went there to replace broken ORVMs.
It had covered 98K kms by November 2010 and had been serviced by then. obviously, it would have travelled for more than 110K or even more by the time I got it.
Checked for the engine condition and it was drinking engine oil at a very higher rate. So did not want to leave it at the same bad state for long. So, the Engine overhaul.
Common problem with all the Hyundai Accent CRDi ones.
One good thing was I fought with the dealer and the previous owner and was able to get some amount of money back from them for this cheating.
Now the car's rate has come down from 2.15 lacs to 1.93 lacs. Reason for decision on keeping the car:
1) Even in this worst case, it gave me a mileage of 17kmpl on a combined city + highway cycle and was affordable for me to use it daily
2) Had already spent 23K on the new AC setup and so did not want lose out any money by selling the car for loss
3) Would not be able to get any good diesel car for the asme budget even if I get to sell this one
All put together, started thinking of an engine overhaul. AC being already new, alloys plus tyres good for another 25K kms. So spending another lakh sounded meaningful to me.
So left the car in Ilango's garage for both mechanical work & body work. Following works are planned for the Accent:
1) Complete Engine overhaul
2) New Clutch assembly
3) Complete Brake service (to be done at Hyundai A.S.S)
4) Full body Paint job
5) New seat covers
6) I.C.E setup from the Ikon
Estimated Budget for all these - 120,000
If I am able to extend further, planning for
1) Complete Suspension Work
2) Interior Paint job
3) Some EVO type Spoiler
Hoping to get the car back by June end. Sad that, I will be going to the Chennai meet witout my car